UFC Fight Night 184 results & discussion

UFC Fight Night 184 (UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov) took place Saturday, February 6th from the UFC Apex Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and aired exclusively on ESPN+.

Main Card (Live on ESPN+, 8:00 PM EST)

-Alexander Volkov defeated Alistair Overeem by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 2:06)

-Cory Sandhagen defeated Frankie Edgar by KO (Flying Knee, Round 1, 0:28)

-Clay Guida defeated Michael Johnson  by Unamimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

-Alexandre Pantoja defeated Manel Kape by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

-Beneil Dariush defeated Diego Ferreira by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 

-Danilo Marquez defeated Mike Rodriguez by Technical Submission (RNC, Round 2, 4:52)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN+, 5:00 PM EST)

-Devonte Smith by Justin Jaynes by TKO (Doctor Stoppage, Round 2, 3:38)

-Karol Rosa defeated Joselyne Edwards by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

-Lara Procopio defeated Molly McCann by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-27, 29-28)

-Seung Woo Choi defeated Youssef Zalal by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

-Timur Valiev defeated Martin Day by Unanimous Decision (30-25 30-25, 30-26)

-Ode Osbourne defeated Jerome Rivera by KO (Round 1, 0:26)

-Cody Stamann vs. Askar Askar — Cancelled

No chicks on the Main Card. 

Must not be a PPV.

9 Likes

Good card

Why is it so difficult for them to just put the damn prelims on one of the ESPN cable channels? Fuck me.

1 Like

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'DECADES OF DEMOLITION Alistair Overeem has competed and won in four different decades over the course of his storied MMA career. 1990s 2000s WIN 31 WINS 13 WINS 2010s 2 WINS 2020s'

1 Like
Altofsky - 

Why is it so difficult for them to just put the damn prelims on one of the ESPN cable channels? Fuck me.

Social/financial engineering towards a layered annuitization of the revenue stream.

Pay for cable, pay extra for premium channels, and charge for PPV’s. Yes I realize tonights fights arent PPV, but thats the financial model being forced on the unwashed masses.

You and I may reject it but the long dollar hopes future viewers will accept it as normal.

We’ll see if its ultimately successful.

1 Like

I'm most pumped for Darisuh vs Ferreira fight.  Dariush has made me a ton of $ sports betting so thinking on putting some on him. 

Should have at +110 , now at -120.

I think Sandhagen is a lock, Frankie's age is starting to show and the kid is brutal. 

This is a really interesting card. 

Hong Kong Phooey -

Legend. From Wikipedia: "He holds dual victories over Fabrício WerdumMark Hunt and Vitor Belfort, and has also beaten former UFC champions Andrei ArlovskiJunior dos SantosFrank Mir and Brock Lesnar." 

^ fucking unreal resume, and that is just a quick list. 

A buddy of mine was talking about all of the MMA in Denver and said he would hate to get into a bar fight here because of how many skilled fighters we have around here. It is funny because I once walked into a bar and Overeem was standing there. So, my buddy has a point. I am a big reem fan. 

Phuckles -
Hong Kong Phooey -

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'DECADES OF DEMOLITION Alistair Overeem has competed and won in four different decades over the course of his storied MMA career. 1990s 2000s WIN 31 WINS 13 WINS 2010s 2 WINS 2020s'

Legend. From Wikipedia: "He holds dual victories over Fabrício WerdumMark Hunt and Vitor Belfort, and has also beaten former UFC champions Andrei ArlovskiJunior dos SantosFrank Mir and Brock Lesnar." 

^ fucking unreal resume, and that is just a quick list. 

A buddy of mine was talking about all of the MMA in Denver and said he would hate to get into a bar fight here because of how many skilled fighters we have around here. It is funny because I once walked into a bar and Overeem was standing there. So, my buddy has a point. I am a big reem fan. 

Has a victory over Cro Cop’s balls too.

Askar 2X out, fight with Stamman cancelled

1 Like
Peruvian Necktiez -

I'm most pumped for Darisuh vs Ferreira fight.  Dariush has made me a ton of $ sports betting so thinking on putting some on him. 

I think Sandhagen is a lock, Frankie's age is starting to show and the kid is brutal. 

Are you making any other bets tonight? 

1 Like
Altofsky -

Remember when Fox had the rights to the UFC and all fight night cards were on FS1 or FS2 as well as PPV prelims. Five bucks is nothing but it's the principle of the fact that you have to pay extra and subscribe to that crappy ESPN Plus to even watch prelims let alone the main fights on a fight night card.

Trying to keep Johnson relevant with a win.

Rahim Jetha -

Askar 2X out, fight with Stamman cancelled

What happened with this one? 

DC already terrible lol

Not a big fan of that stoppage.

Way too early

Not a great start to the night, 1 cancellation and 1 early stoppage...

A Little early there but I threw some money on the dude so I'm cool with it

Peruvian Necktiez -

Dariush vs Ferreira is candidate for fotn on paper. Sandhagen is close to a lock, kid is gonna be a handful