UFC Fight Night Card (with pics)

I think Fisher wins & I think no fighter finishes this night with an undefeated record.

I think the Jason Black fight will be a swing bout.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=6263

Jason Black, a seven year veteran of mixed martial arts, with 22 wins in 25 fights and a reputation among the hardcore followers of the sport as one of the most underrated fighters in the game, had given up waiting, had given up expecting that he was going to one day get that call to fight in the UFC.

“Every day that goes by, you wonder if it will ever come,” said Black, “but you’ve just got to be true to yourself. They’re running a business and if they don’t think I’m good enough to be in their show, you have to move on and take what’s there.”

“I never talked to anyone about it and I’ve never had anybody tell me they know why (I never got the call for the UFC),” he said. “It was out of my hands.”

Well, not for long, as Black found out what a difference 15 pounds can make, and after a drop to lightweight and wins in two out of three subsequent fights in 2006-2007 (including two in PRIDE), he finally got the long overdue call.

“It was a blessing,” said Black of his invite to take on Brazil’s Thiago Tavares at UFC Fight Night in Hollywood, Florida this Tuesday. “It’s the stage that every fighter wants to fight on, and to get that phone call means that I finally get my opportunity to showcase my talents in front of the biggest crowd in mixed martial arts.”

And for those who have never seen the Iowan in action, he gives the following introduction: “The fans should expect me to give my all, no matter what. Whether it’s a good performance or a bad performance, it will be everything I have on that day.”

And despite his street cred among hardcore fight fans, in the great scheme of things, Black is coming into Tuesday’s fight as the unknown vet taking on the 22-year old up and comer with the gaudy 15-0 record in Tavares. So if you think he’s just going to show up with a smile, simply happy to be in the Octagon, you’d be wrong. He’s still searching for something when that bell rings, and that’s the greatest motivation of all.

“If I thought I’d found what I was looking for, I would slack off,” said Black. “I try to train harder for every fight. I remember what I did the time before, so I’ve got to do at least that because if I don’t, I’ll know in the back of my mind that I didn’t train hard enough.”

As for Tavares?

“I hope he brings everything he’s got, because I’m going to, and we’ll just see what happens.”

Jason Black is in alot of trouble. Thiago is a bad mother fucker and a physical freak.

Forrest Petz is gonna take a mashing. Luigi is gonan pressure the shit out of him and mash his head in. Petz is in for a long night.

and Jeff Cox might as well not even show up. Gleison Tibau is gonna make him look silly.

"Luigi is gonan pressure the shit out of him and mash his head in. Petz is in for a long night."

Tomorrow baby!