UFC fighter defeats robber in Chicago

Article doesn't say who it is...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-robber-tussles-with-martialarts-expert-gets-beaten-and-shot-20111205,0,4752706.story

"The victim was able to hold the robber until police arrived. When he turned the robber over to police, the victim told them that he participates in Ultimate Fighting Championships, a mixed-martial arts competition, Mirabelli said."

I doubt a real UFC fighter would tell the cops "I do UFC, put that in the paper"

Rouge Mod - I doubt a real UFC fighter would tell the cops "I do UFC, put that in the paper"

I kinda agree, but I wouldn't rule it out. Also, if it were a current UFC fighter, it would be all over the media by now.

I'm guessing it's a former UFC fighter. Someone like a Wes Sims or Mike C. Talk about when keeping it real goes wrong. Whoever it was, I'm a fan.

Yeah, good job by the guy...

IME for every UFC fighter there are about 10 dudes who "trane UFC" though. And that type is much more likely to tell the police about it.

^ I search for chicago. I see nothing.

Rumor is the fighter was Rashad. He just moved to the South Loop to be closer to his kids.