UFC fighter Jeff Hougland's tweet to Jon Jones

UFC 151 Undercard fighter Jeff Hougland

sent a funny tweet to Jon Bones Jones, after hearing the event was cancelled and he wouldn't be fighting on the card:

@JonnyBones Can I at least get one of your new Nike T-shirts? I'll give it to my kid since I won't have any money for her school clothes.    

JBJ nuthuggers immediatetly bombarded Hougland on twitter with hate,  but he also gained a ton of fans for speaking out and speaking his mind. 

Jones is a selfish ducker

This is a great example of how this affected more than just a few people directly. The good news is, Jeff will now be fighting Mizugaki on UFC on Fuel 6, in China. 

I think the UG should follow Hougland on twitter and give him some props, the dude is a full time fighter just trying to support his family.    

This is old news Phone Post

Warzone209 - 
BW92 - 
Warzone209 -  I'd give him more props if he actually hit Dana's twitter considering.

1. He made a watered down Strikeforce Challengers card and called it PPv.
2. He canceled 151 and didn't tell JBJ if you dont take this fight we are canceling the card..

Jones knew the card would get cancelled Phone Post

Greg Jackson released a statement saying UFC Never told them they were going to cancel UFC 151 had he not taken the Chael Sonnen fight on short notice..I doubt Greg Jackson is going to lie during an interview...

Just lol at this nuthuggery bullshit.  What "champion" turns down a fight against a Middleweight coming off a loss,  and why doesnt Greg Jackson have confidence in his fighter?  "This will be the biggest mistake of your career."

Of course Jackson wouldn't lie. Dude is a total stand up guy LOL.  "Hey Jon, go check on Machida and get some fans."   Instead of, "Hey Jon,  go show your opponenent some respect and see if he's ok.  It's called sportsmanship and respect for your opponent.   The fuck outta here. 

UGCTT_Fillthy - Greg said they never told HIM.

Dana claims that it was made clear to JBJ.

It was made clear to JBJ.

Warzone209 -
BW92 - 
Warzone209 -  I'd give him more props if he actually hit Dana's twitter considering.

2. He canceled 151 and didn't tell JBJ if you dont take this fight we are canceling the card..

Greg Jackson released a statement saying UFC Never told them they were going to cancel UFC 151 had he not taken the Chael Sonnen fight on short notice..I doubt Greg Jackson is going to lie during an interview...

You have been all over JBJ and Jackson's nuts these past few days man. Could it be that Greg isn't the perfect little angel you make him out to be? We all know Dana's an out spoken asshole, why would he lie (just trying to use your logic). Phone Post

LOO@ this dude thinking Jones is responsible for buying his children clothing

I cant believe how much power Dana and Zuffa have given to Jones! Not only does he decide to cancel cards but he also signs all the checks now too!

TDogg926 - 
Warzone209 -
BW92 - 

You have been all over JBJ and Jackson's nuts these past few days man. Could it be that Greg isn't the perfect little angel you make him out to be? We all know Dana's an out spoken asshole, why would he lie (just trying to use your logic). Phone Post

Jackson MMA Zombie

Radio Raheem - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - Greg said they never told HIM.

Dana claims that it was made clear to JBJ.

It was made clear to JBJ.

...says BLAF.

The UFC already relocated that fight to another card anyway. IF Jeff Hougland is that hard pressed for money that delaying his fight a couple months affected his life that much, then honestly that is pretty sad. Injuries happen and fights get reshuffled, there was just as good a chance that HOugland himself get injured and his fight get delayed.

Sorry, but Jon Jones has to do what is best for him not some fighter making 10/10 on the undercard. When the NHLPA goes into negotiating they dont worry about what guys are making in the ECHL, and they shouldnt because they arent in the same league as them. No different then Jon Jones and Jeff Hougland

Warzone209 - 
Radio Raheem - 
Warzone209 - 
BW92 - 

Just lol at this nuthuggery bullshit.  What "champion" turns down a fight against a Middleweight coming off a loss,  and why doesnt Greg Jackson have confidence in his fighter?  "This will be the biggest mistake of your career."

Of course Jackson wouldn't lie. Dude is a total stand up guy LOL.  "Hey Jon, go check on Machida and get some fans."   Instead of, "Hey Jon,  go show your opponenent some respect and see if he's ok.  It's called sportsmanship and respect for your opponent.   The fuck outta here. 

G.Jackson is a Game Planner there is no Game plan to be made in 8 days...And he's 100% right.  Chael takes the fight he gets a Huge paycheck for saving the card and if he loses doesn't matter.  Jones takes the fight and gets out grappled for a SD Jones loses P4P#3 overnight/ Nike walks away because they dont sponsor losers/ Dana chops his contract in half next reneg all because he takes the fight on 8 days notice and loses..

I think ya had he taken the fight and lost it would have defintely been "biggest mistake of your career".

None of the consequences you listed are real things. You can "guess" they might happen, but there is no proof any of that would have happened had Jones taken the fight and lost.

Look at all the other champions and icons in the UFC that have taken fights on short notice and lost. Hughes, Franklin, etc. None of those guys were punished like you are claiming, in fact they were rewarded.

You are just making things up.

As any fighter in the UFC should know, Dana rewards guys who step up, and will scorch earth those that don't.

Maybe Jackson and Jones should have considered this as well.

Everyone knows this about Dana.

Even Lorenzo made similar comments.

Lol at "chopping his contract in half"

You are talking out of your ass.

Warzone209 - 
Radio Raheem - 
Warzone209 - 
BW92 - 

G.Jackson is a Game Planner there is no Game plan to be made in 8 days...And he's 100% right.  Chael takes the fight he gets a Huge paycheck for saving the card and if he loses doesn't matter.  Jones takes the fight and gets out grappled for a SD Jones loses P4P#3 overnight/ Nike walks away because they dont sponsor losers/ Dana chops his contract in half next reneg all because he takes the fight on 8 days notice and loses..

I think ya had he taken the fight and lost it would have defintely been "biggest mistake of your career".

Yup, Hendo had been injured 3 weeks. Smart money says Sonnen knew for 3 weeks. IF Jones accepts that he is going to have no time to train for a wrestler like Sonnen, he is going to be too swallowed up by the media circus of a Chael Sonnen fight. Because Chael took it on short notice and in fans eyes Jones had more time, which is a lie. But Chael could go out there fight a completely defensive fight but his head down and try to steal 3 rounds from Jones. Chael can build himself up at 205 with a few wins anyway and thatt can be a huge fight down the road.

Jones has his future set up nicely now at 205, Vitor then Hendo. Then most likely Machida in Brazil and then Sonnen. By then 205 he will have lost or he will be known as one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

All the Jones hate on here is hilarious, if he keeps winning his career will be much better off. He just created more buzz about everyone of his fights. If FLoyd's career has shown us anything its that "bad guys" sell pay per views

lol @ Jones and his gameplans. If he needs more than 8 days of planning to beat a guy in a weightclass below him coming off the couch then that says all there needs to be said about him

What would he have done back in the old days? 3 fights in one night

lol at Greg Jackson being a "game planner."   He's a track and field coach. His gameplans are to run, stay outside, and turn down fights.  He's a real Jedi Master.

and Lmfao at chopping Jone's contract in half.  Did you just start watching this sport?

You are dumb as hell. Phone Post

Warzone, I hope you aren't really from the 209. you've been riding Jon and Greg's nuts HARD for days. It's embarrassing. Phone Post