UFC fights stopped to early?

Chuck-Kev was unusual because I thought Kev was out briefly, yet he seemed to wake up before Chuck could have thrown more than one more punch. Hard to say if it should have been stopped - I know Big John's intentions are good and he's under enormous pressure (if somneone died or got seriously hurt, the sport would be damaged forever in the USA), but due to this fine line many fights have been stopped "early". I feel each of these fights should have been allowed to go 5 more seconds.. or so:

Tank-Vitor
Chuck-Kev
Belfort-Silva
Baroni-Tanner
Couture-Barnett
Tanner-Elvis
Tank-Matua (just kidding)

1st grade English 101:

to-I am going TO the store.

too-UFC fight stopped TOO early.

If ewe are going two use Inglesh use it write dummass.!?

mayiwhoopu - English 101 is a college class, not first grade, but I understand the mistake as your education clearly stopped at age 6. Let me educate you, if the delapidated clump of grey matter you call a brain can assimilate new information (a claim I find quite unlikely). Of course if by new information, we mean the latest way to pump your neighbor's cat, I'd capitulate and admit you're a self-proclaimed genious. And your sister with the video cam agrees!

In English we have a word "typo" that means "spelling mistake". Get your hands out of your pet chimp's ass and open a dictionary, Dumbass. You can't even spell your own name, its not "dammass" its "dumbfuck". Get off my thread shitball.

ttt

"What crack are some of you smoking, Randleman was OUT."

No crack, just an objective look at the fight. KR was not OUT, he was no more out than Cro Cop was after the thunderous hook he took from Randleman.

KR woke up immediately, and although Chuck has side control, the stoppage was too early.

More like LMAO the Silva v Belfort fight was stopped... Belfort was caving his head in, how can you forget the timeless "WTF" look on Silva's face?

When a dropped fighter goes down, you have to assess how badly KOed (or not) he looks and how the other fighter is terms of follow up potential.

Ie) Liddel/Randlman - we couldnt really tell how bad KR was out but it was clear that he was stunned and Liddel was right there to deliver "unintelligently defendable" blows.

Diaz/Lawler - not only was Diaz in position, Lawler fell like a tree (ala Vovchanchin/Bueno).

Vovchanchyn's KO of Bueno was sick. The guy landed on his face with his arms at his side and didn't open his eyes for what seemed like forever.

The problem with early stoppages is that it goes on your permanent record. Your record, many times, determines how you get paid in your next fight. If a guy is knocked out it is obvious. STOP THE FIGHT! If the guy is still moving on the ground defending, standing and defending, whatever the case may be. LET IT GO ON. A bullshit cut on the side of your head (Mass. boxing committee) is another example of an early stoppage. This is a matter I take personally because after all this is fighting and being able to fight your way back into a fight is what separates us from two guys on the street. Mental toughness is a huge part of fighting. NO, I don't think guys should be beaten to the point of becoming incoherent, but someone needs to school these refs (and Mass. cut doctors) on what a reasonable stoppage should be. Not to early and not too late. I have been hoe'd twice and it sucks. I can accept a loss if I get caught but early stoppages have to stop. PERIOD. That's just my opinion, though.

Brendan "The Caucasian Devastation" Seguin

ufc stops fights too early.

People die in boxing alot. it sucks that an unfortunate death would be so damaging to MMA. People just aren't educated.

ttt

This is chicking fighting..no need to see if the person can still bite""

????????

What???

I don't like the average stop-time in the UFC. Still legit, but a bit early for my liking. I do like the system of medical checks and suspensions though. Just good business in any combat sport where guys are running around knocking each other the fuck out.

I like Pride's stoppages, most of the time, but like someone mentioned earlier, letting Goes fight again is just criminal. That right there was a dangerous situation.

I think they should just let it go a couple more seconds basically.

Several fighters have said, such as Brandon Seguin's post above, they would prefer a more solid reason for a stoppage, and I'm inclinded to agree.

ttt

I think that if the UFC didnt have the problem of the bad image and always potentially magnified unproportionately by the low-brow media, they WOULD let things go on more.

I think its pretty idealist to think that they should just let things go like Pride - which is shown in a different social norm - when that could be the end of the UFC as we know it...then we couldnt even argue about this at all.

Its just business imo.

On a slightly different note, theres been some bad losses over cuts.

What about Silva vs. Mariano in IVC-2?

Silva vs Mariano was an awful cut, and Silva made it 10 times worse by throwing headbutts. It looked like a golf divot in Silva's fucking head.