UFC fights we want in 2021: Vera vs O’Malley II

Mandible_Claw - 

O'Malley deserves that rematch. He's the better fighter and wins against Vera 9/10 times.

He’s a better fighter. We know this because he lost the one time they fought!

MasterofMartialArts - 
Ministry of Truth -
wiggum - 
MTomlinson - O'Malley was destroying him before the foot injury. Go back and watch the fight. He was clearly going to win it decisively.

Until he injured himself and was carted off.

Why a rematch? It wasn’t a title fight. Wasn’t a grudge match. It was an up-and-comer against a blood and guts veteran and the up and comer lost. He should have to fight someone else.

I hear you, but it still has some great reasons for a rematch: one being O’Malley’s attitude post-fight (i.e. he’s still “undefeated”) as well as Vera’s coming off a loss and would likely love to shut O’Malley up, proving it wasn’t a fluke win.

A rematch between the two has the makings of a great grudge match and would likely create some great pre-fight interviews which would draw fans in. Fights between guys who dislike each other are almost always highly entertaining.

I say why the hell not?

I actually agree with those reasons, but just not right now. I want to move on from that fight. People still haven’t stopped talking about it, and Sean hasn’t fought anyone since. I’d say maybe a year down the line, but a rematch now is not necessary. 

This is how I feel.

wiggum -
Mandible_Claw - 

O'Malley deserves that rematch. He's the better fighter and wins against Vera 9/10 times.

It left me feeling like he slipped on a banana peel. Vera doesn’t win a rematch imo.

Mandible_Claw -
wiggum -
Mandible_Claw - 

It left me feeling like he slipped on a banana peel. Vera doesn’t win a rematch imo.

I only see this subjective thinking in mma where wins and losses somehow dont count to people. “O’Malley didnt lose and is still undefeated” or “Jon Jones lost his last two fights and has 3 losses with the Gus fight”. I’ve never heard anyone say a football team didnt really win and not count it. Nobody thinks Tiger Woods wins a tournament where he finished third. Only in mma will the fans do this and then lobby for the losing fighter to get paid the full purse. 

Literally nobody wants to see that.  First fight was decisive.

1 Like
JoeHurley -
Mandible_Claw -
wiggum -
Mandible_Claw - 

I only see this subjective thinking in mma where wins and losses somehow dont count to people. “O’Malley didnt lose and is still undefeated” or “Jon Jones lost his last two fights and has 3 losses with the Gus fight”. I’ve never heard anyone say a football team didnt really win and not count it. Nobody thinks Tiger Woods wins a tournament where he finished third. Only in mma will the fans do this and then lobby for the losing fighter to get paid the full purse. 

I agree he lost the fight. All I’m saying is O’Malley is better and would beat him in a rematch.

You quote the wrong guy?