UFC finally coming to Virginia!

Hell yeah! Now lets see the Hampton Roads area get some love in 2010.

Sources close to the fight have revealed that newly signed Mike "The Joker" Guymon will potentially face newly signed Rory MacDonald at a yet-to-be announced Ultimate Fight Night on January 11th, 2010 in Fairfax, Virginia. Bout agreements have been distributed and are expected to be signed shortly.

Guymon is currently riding a 5-fight win streak, including three title fights for the King of the Cage promotion in California. Guymon just recently signed a 4-fight deal with the UFC. The 20 yr. old MacDonald is also a former King of the Cage champion, fighting for the promotion throughout Canada. MacDonald, whom also was recently signed by the UFC, is currently 9-0 and has never won a bout via decision, having finished all of his bouts by submission or knockout.

The event marks the first time the UFC will visit Virginia, and oddly this show has been scheduled for a Monday evening.

this make sense with the success of the local shows here. wonder if it will be at the patriot center?

Odd that this took so long. MMA has been legal here forever and the NOVA/DC area is huge. Plus Joe Silva lives in Richmond so I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

right and mario yamaski is here plus team lloyd irvin...its a solid little nugget of the mma world.

i'll definitely be there

great news!!

I'm challenging daniel snyder to a fight to the death on this card... dana, make it happen...

Another chance for the Virginia AC members to embarrass themselves!

smoogy - Another chance for the Virginia AC members to embarrass themselves!

+1

smoogy - Another chance for the Virginia AC members to embarrass themselves!

you mean Virginia has an AC?

i've announced shows in Virginia and the IKAS sanctioned the fights.

just a reference to the mike easton fight

Actually, you should commend the head of the VADPOR, Dave Holland, for immediately taking action on Mon. AM to look into the results of the fight before ever being contacted by either team. He knew something was amiss and has taken steps to rectify the situation.

(per the Sherdog article)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update-no-state-decision-yet-in-beebe-easton-fight-20231

MTomlinson - i've announced shows in Virginia and the IKAS sanctioned the fights.

The DPOR sanctions all pro fights. The ISKA, GCA and WKA are the only amateur sanctioning bodies in VA that I am aware of.

dawgswrestler - Actually, you should commend the head of the VADPOR, Dave Holland, for immediately taking action on Mon. AM to look into the results of the fight before ever being contacted by either team. He knew something was amiss and has taken steps to rectify the situation.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update-no-state-decision-yet-in-beebe-easton-fight-20231

I'll commend a man that places 2 complete idiots in charge of judging a bout.

Did the great Mr. Holland give Chase his $6,000 win bonus?

I will never bet on anything Mr. Holland is associated with. If he had any credibility he would step down.

Commend? lol

I hope they bring in some different judges....

KTT_Minowa - I hope they bring in some different judges....

Hope- Hope is pretty much all anyone can do when Holland is involved. Complete crapshoot.

dawgswrestler - Actually, you should commend the head of the VADPOR, Dave Holland, for immediately taking action on Mon. AM to look into the results of the fight before ever being contacted by either team. He knew something was amiss and has taken steps to rectify the situation.

The initial reactionary move isn't as important as the follow up. Will they really make the changes needed, or will they just let the issue slide now that nobody is discussing it on the MMA blogs?

VA im going to this.

joker is on this show

why the fuck would you hold a show where the commission fucked up big time?

Maybe Aoki will fight on the card since they allowed the use of grappling pants.