UFC Flyweight Preview

As most of you already know, the UFC is looking to add a Flyweight Division.

Here is a quick preview outlining some of the top flyweight fighters in the world, who could possibly contend for the  first UFC Flyweight Championship

UFC Flyweight Division Preview

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'd like to see some sort of grand prix to determine the first champ. I think that would be awesome.

Joe Benavidez will drop to 125 and fucking annihilate everyone on that list.

ZERO interest in 125 lb division. I love 145 and even 135 lb but comes a point where a fighter is just too small. I feel like I'm paying $55 to watch two 7th graders fight.

Honestly, 145/135 are both pretty thin divisions. Luckily name guys like Florian, Tyson Griffin, and Joe Stevenson are dropping down to 45. I don't see how they can continually fill top fights and guys at 125 also?

Just my 2 cents I know I'm in the minority on this one.

what about nick cottone?

UFC will adopts flyweights through this season of TUF.

It's a known fact now (after 15 seasons) that UFC want these guys fighting at a higher weight so they don't kill themselves cutting weight 4 times a month.

With the 145/135'ers getting this TUF slot, I bet there will be a bunch of bantamweight who can easily cut to 125.

Then they also have ewstablished names like Mighty Mouse and Joeseph Benanidez, and ALL the 125 top prospects out there! They will make it happen by early 2012, imo.

dang another list i didnt make

125'ers are small. The pros are that they will likely have very high energy matches, and the con is that more fights will likely go to a decision.

The UFC is expanding very fast. There are very few recognizable names below Lightweight because these fighters havent had much face time on tv and havent really been covered all that much.

I think after a few years there will be household names in these divisions. I mean somebody's going to emerge as the Jose Aldo, Uriah Faber etc.

an·ni·hi·late? ?
[uh-nahy-uh-leyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.
to reduce to utter ruin or nonexistence; destroy utterly: The heavy bombing almost annihilated the city.
to destroy the collective existence or main body of; wipe out: to annihilate an army.
to annul; make void: to annihilate a law.

verindersandhu - It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'd like to see some sort of grand prix to determine the first champ. I think that would be awesome.

a tournament for the 125lb title could freshen TUF up no end.

Yeah I definitely think a Grand Prix would be awesome!