UFC/Forbes is this fact TRUE????

can believe this garbage. I have no problem with the UFC pay scale or anything, but the fact checking BS? what the hell

gorillagrappling - Fathead, what is your source for this nugget of knowledge? I would assume, along with the rest of America, that when someone does an article about how much my employer is paying that it does not include my personal portfolio. Are you guessing, or did someone from Forbes hit you up on the two way and clue you in? Do yourself a favor and take a look at the list of fighters on the UFC site and do some research. See how many times they have fought in the last year. Many of them have NOT fought at all. Some have fought once and "most" would have to fight 5-6 times a year to make 100K. I call BS on the article and on you knowing that the sponsorships are included.

I do not know for a fact that they are including the sponsorship money but I do know that BLAF has included the sponsorship deals when he has spoken about fighter pay. 

I know for a fact what some undercard fighters get for sponsorships.  That along with their pay for the fight will easily get them to 100K a year.

"UFC employs 275 fighters. Most make more than $100,000 a year."

It's doubtful. Maybe if you include sponsorships and wages earned from their day jobs. The figure still sound mighty high though.

bleier -  Fighters are essentially businesses, so it doesn't make sense to say that if a fighter earns 100k then that is his/her salary.  After deducting the costs of running your business and tax, this is not an impressive sum.

Agreed!

its all about the law of averages, if chuck pulls 1 mil a year that means that 9 other fighters can make next to nothing. This figure most likely does include bonuses and other income as well. So if you have 27 guys clearing 1 mil total in a year for paid appearance, fights, bonuses, ppv %, etc that the other 250+ fighters dont have to make anything and they would still average 100,000 per fighter...

"Most make more than $100,000 a year."
This quote indicates something other than an average.

There is no averages mentioned guys. Nor was there any mention of sponsorships. The article says that the UFC employ XXX amount of guys and that most of them make over XXX amount of money. Why the need to interject an opinion on what the writer "meant" or "intended" to say? The writer meant what the writer wrote. AND THE WRITER WAS INCORRECT AS HELL!

not the word "average"

so who makes over 100k a year,no sponsor/just take home money?

Chuck
Rampage
Anderson

who else?