UFC format is getting stale

same format every show They can learn from the Grand Prix SF is having.UFC needs to do something to mix up their format.Have a few other ideas and am available for high paying jobs only

dana is far from a marketing genius....

Dana is doing pretty good job but they need some creativity.Its the same show same format every show.

how about a tournement like a grand prix with say 8 fighters The week of the fight they pick out of a hat to see who fights who so fighters have to train for all styles.And the tournement isnt a gimmick its epic and a great idea.I never said they need a gimmick they need to mix the format up a lil or a lot IMO

Arecsa - I just want a production shake up from the UFC. Every event has the exact same cookie cutter promos and stale presentation.

exatly

Gimmicks my ass. Op is 100% right. The strikeforce hw tourney is gonna be fun to watch and follow. The ufc needs to hold these types of tournaments. I miss the old pride gp's. I'm I ufc fan, but they're starting to taste like McDonalds. Same taste every mother fucking time regardless of what you order. Phone Post

I personally care about fights not everything in between.

Liandrewilbe
8 minutes ago
The UFC is fine.

The UG is getting stale. Come up with something else to complain about.

Like people with superior arguments such as yourself. Phone Post

The GP idea is cool, the only problem is, Strikeforce are gonna have all these brackets planned out but there is no chance in hell it's all going to happen smoothly (M1 contracts / Barnett roid fiend etc).

What's the over under on it getting past the first round?

runster - change the format?

right...

basketball free shot contest between rounds.

all this fighting crap gets boring.

Word.

Wheel this out in case of a draw...

http://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Punchline/Ultimate_Big_Punce_Deluxe.jpg

i can barely sit through a ufc card these days. shits so plain and stale its not even enjoyable unless you have 5 beers in ya. And goldy... dont even get me started on that fuckin puppet....

Strikeforce > Tuf

i still love the ufc and mma but the format is oldhat and need as a mixup now and then.The SF tourney is epic I been saying the UFC should have a Grand Prix for years Among other ideas if they hire me

one thing they definitely need to change is the intro...that roman gladitator shit is getting old...also, the fighters in their interviews are clearly reading off a memorized script..seems so contrived and stale

they need to get creative like the intros they have in japan

something as simple as adding the entrance ramp to add some character to the entrance. and i am sick of seeing the douch bags in the audience try to steal the fighters hat.

OveREEMed A New Butthole - Definitely stale,

Then they call Dana an entrepreneur... TUF which he was against, saved the organization, now he found a format that sells and refuses to try any new approach or change.

agreed but i thought Dana was the man behind TUF

goku - one thing they definitely need to change is the intro...that roman gladitator shit is getting old...also, the fighters in their interviews are clearly reading off a memorized script..seems so contrived and stale

they need to get creative like the intros they have in japan

this sir is correct, i think the roman gladitator needs redoing

yhknq - you people are really worried about the cosmetic stuff

intros production and entrances

i watch mma for the fights

silly me

yes, and we do too. should be just shut our mouth's about everything else?

Clearly you don't realize the fights would be 28X more exciting, if only there was an enterance ramp

And 50x more exciting if you add in some crazy old lady screaming into a microphone

People claiming this I'd not a tournament are fucking stupid. Is the NCAA basketball tournament not a "real" tournament because all games aren't on the same day? Phone Post

yeah it's old.

I don't watch that gladiator begining, in fact it makes me cringe and the music hurts my ears. I ffwd to the fights watch them and then turn it off. All the shit talk interviews blah, blah, blah it's like watching pro wresting and I can't stand pro wrestling.