UFC franchise gyms, ANYONE ACTUALLY TRAINED AT ONE

Apparently one of these UFC franchised MMA gyms just opened in Blaine, MN.  I happened to see it when leaving a nearby store this past week as its been built into an old gas station/strip mall thing that had sat dormant for a couple years.

I have never actually met anyone or heard much about these gyms, I was under the impression that there was one in Vegas and that it was something of a novelty, but apparently they are opening a couple more of these things in MN in the future.

Anyone every been to one?  Anyone actually train at one?  Anyone know anyone who trains at one?  What are your thoughts and experiences with them, I'm just curious.

My random assumption based on very limited information is that they sound like some sort of hybrid between an actual normal gym (weight machines, free weights, cardio equiptment) and some sort of MMA themed group fitness classes.  Do they actually have legit instructors?  Do they actually have legit technique and rolling sessions? 

TMA/TME.

I go to one in california mostly to lift nowadays. I think it is a corporate location and not a franchise.

The coaches are mostly Bellator fighters and they do have a couple black belts. It is a good gym environment but I kind of miss bjj/mma at a smaller gym, though the price here is pretty badass.

I reffed at a charity in house grappling event at the one in Boston. There was some good talent there.

ShanTheMan - I go to one in california mostly to lift nowadays. I think it is a corporate location and not a franchise.

The coaches are mostly Bellator fighters and they do have a couple black belts. It is a good gym environment but I kind of miss bjj/mma at a smaller gym, though the price here is pretty badass.

So its a larger group class type setting than most MMA/BJJ gyms I take it?

I was looking at their website and it looks like the emphasis is more on cardio kickboxing and metcon class type stuff. 

Kirik -

I reffed at a charity in house grappling event at the one in Boston. There was some good talent there.

Were those individuals actually from that gym or just gyms in the area?

Hurtsogood - 
ShanTheMan - I go to one in california mostly to lift nowadays. I think it is a corporate location and not a franchise.

I was looking at their website and it looks like the emphasis is more on cardio kickboxing and metcon class type stuff. 

No, they do have cardio boxing and shit but the bjj/mma classes were pretty much the same as my old gym. The instructors were pretty good. They have gay rules like you can only wear their brand of Gi, etc but I did no gi so I didn't care. overall if you can get a decent price, look up the instructors and give it a try if they seem legit.
Most of the instructors at one where I go have pro records for what it's worth.

ShanTheMan -
Hurtsogood - 

No, they do have cardio boxing and shit but the bjj/mma classes were pretty much the same as my old gym. The instructors were pretty good. They have gay rules like you can only wear their brand of Gi, etc but I did no gi so I didn't care. overall if you can get a decent price, look up the instructors and give it a try if they seem legit.
Most of the instructors at one where I go have pro records for what it's worth.

Ok, interesting. Thanks for the info.  I don't really have any gyms that are close to me right now and would love to get back into training, but I have no interest in some overpriced bullshit taught by fitness instructors.  Maybe I'll look into the location more and see who their instructors are.  They don't ahve a lot of info on their website I noticed.

Just ask for instructors names or whatever. Two of mine are fighting on the Tito/Chael Bellator card in a couple weeks. I don't need Marcelo Garcia for $22 per month, but it helps to have some legit guys teaching you.

Keep in mind I hardly train anymore.

ShanTheMan - Just ask for instructors names or whatever. Two of mine are fighting on the Tito/Chael Bellator card in a couple weeks. I don't need Marcelo Garcia for $22 per month, but it helps to have some legit guys teaching you.

Keep in mind I hardly train anymore.

No, i get what you're saying and yes, I'm not looking to be trained by the world's best, which is fairly hard to come by in MN unless you're going to the academy or a couple other places that are a bit too far for me to actually commit to paying for currently. 

There prices are pretty decent for all you get access to and there's good monitoring by the parent company so it's honestly one of the most professional gyms I've been to.

i trained at both in baton rouge, la. you basically pay 175 for a nice facility. coaches sucked ass. i went down the street to train with pat barrys first coach. i was also skeptical about him cause we did lots of rounds on the bags and he punched like a girl on the pads. maybe its cause his contidioning sucked and he does 100 rounds, but his students did say he beat alot of those guys at ufc gyms ass, and he had a very old school way of teaching. either way, that area doesnt have shit

Currently training at one here in Vegas. Good place, great atmosphere with legit people training there under the radar. 

From the little bit I've seen online, different locations seems to have different shit going on with them.  I've seen a few people say its crazy cheap for what you get access to, others say the only thing of value is the workout equipment. 

Some people seem to mention that its fine if you are just looking to get in shape and maybe get some super basic training, but others say their locations have very experienced trainers.  Very odd.

I don't really need workout equipmet or cardio classes. I already have my own gym in my basement that I set up with all the basic shit I need.  I would just like a welcome place to train grappling and stand up 2-4 days a week that doesn't cost me hundreds of dollars a month or take me 30 plus minutes to drive to.

Just an FYI I paid $849 for 3 years of the "ultimate" membership. Maybe franchises cant come near that, but they originally wanted like $75 per month.

ShanTheMan - Just an FYI I paid $849 for 3 years of the "ultimate" membership. Maybe franchises cant come near that, but they originally wanted like $75 per month.

So you were only paying like 25 bucks a month?  JESUS

Hurtsogood -
Kirik -

I I teach at that location, some outsiders but mostly people from the gym. Thanks kirik. :)

Sub

Chris Coogan -
Hurtsogood -
Kirik -

I I teach at that location, some outsiders but mostly people from the gym. Thanks kirik. :)

Cool.  To your knowledge, are the different locations run similarly or is there are pretty wide range in the level of instruction from franchise to franchise?  I'm just curious if these places are run like crossfit gyms where the quality of one can vary quite heavily from another.

Hurtsogood -
ShanTheMan - Just an FYI I paid $849 for 3 years of the "ultimate" membership. Maybe franchises cant come near that, but they originally wanted like $75 per month.

Still there. I use it more to lift now and train here and there. The price was right, they probably just needed members

ShanTheMan -
Hurtsogood -

Still there. I use it more to lift now and train here and there. The price was right, they probably just needed members

Yea, but regardless, thats a great price to have those options.