UFC Heavyweight Division looking thin again.......

Penn and Hughes were 1-1, as are Lesnar and Mir. In those types of cases, trilogies make sense (although Lesnar's 1-1 with Mir is about as lopsided a split as you can have). I agree about Rampage vs Wand, Liddel vs Tito, and Herring Big Nog, though. Phone Post

It doesn't matter that they were 1-1.  There was nothing to that fight.  Nothing.  Neither one are even in title contention at 170.  Just because fighters are 1-1 doesn't mean that a tiebreaker is needed.  The only reason that Mir v Lesnar makes any sense is if Lesnar actually wants out.  Otherwise, there are so many other fights out there that a 3rd fight between these two (especially when Mir got plunger raped in the last fight) just doesn't make sense.

However, the Penn v Hughes fight does reinforce my thought that Penn should just fight Superfights for the rest of his career.  Put him in the 3 round format and let him wing it and not worry about conserving energy. 

ChokeEmOut -  The UFC HW division will NEVER be stacked. There will be 3-4 good HW's tops.

Right now the ones I consider skilled and dangerous are Cain, JDS and the rest are fillers.

you need to stop watching mma...