UFC HEAVYWEIGHT TOP 10

"The UFC has 10 heavyweights?"

I was thinking the same thing. Uncle Justice is right, they need something to shake things up a bit, at least for now. What if Sylvia beats Vera? I really hope not, but if he does, who else is there that can give Sylvia a fight? If Sylvia stays and keeps his boring defensive 5 rd judges decision fighting style, people are seriously going to start getting really annoyed.

First of all that is 15 not 10 and second I wouldn't mind seeing Mir and Ass. Silva, Ass. needs a win as well as Mir and I wouldn't mind Ass. kicking Mir's. Also even with Kongo's poor last performance and me not caring for him that much, I think he could move up a few spots.

-BF

I think Mir Vs Ausserio Silva would be good

Also Kongo Vs Hardonk

I think Kongo has a big future, so does hardonk.

I think hardonk is the future of the HW division, very good defensive and active BJJ on the ground and a fantastic striker who is a huge guy.

This guy would give Tim all sorts of trouble. I also think Kongo would give Tim a lot of trouble too.

I hope they never bring back the guy who beat Kongo. At least Kongo tried to finish the fight......

Jake O'Brien is 2-0 in the UFC and should be listed.

Assuerio Silva should get another chance. Kongo and Hardonk are nice prospects.

I like watching the UFC try to put together a heavyweight division, I like seeing new prospects come in. I think Kongo and Hardonk are a hell of alot better than James Thompson. Pride fans go gaga over Werdum but give the UFC no credit for bringing in Pe de Pano or Gonzaga, both of which I think will prove to be excellent heavyweights.

It would be nice to see Aleks, Herring, Schilt and or Ricco added but I don't mind seeing young blood get a shot.

Forgot to add Eddie Sanchez, who looked very good against an experience opponent in Neto.

"Pride fans go gaga over Werdum but give the UFC no credit for bringing in Pe de Pano or Gonzaga"

I see your point, but that's probably because Werdum can strike, as well as being a great BJJ guy. Pé de Pano and Gonzaga look really bad on their feet.

Actually, the guy who beat Kongo, Carmello Marrero, is scheduled to fight Gabriel Gonzaga on the next UFC.

People bag on Gonzaga because of that horrible fight with the "Shaman". He deserved it but he did knock him out. He redeemed himself by taking out Sherner in an exciting fight. I think he takes out Marrero as well since he is a much bigger grappler with knockout power. Marrero should go to 205.

I forgot Eddie Sanchez who knocked the dogshit out Mario Sucata Neto. I was impressed with his quickness and power.

Gonzaga has knocked out or tko'd both of his opponents so far so I disagree with you a bit there.

I am interested to see if he actually can submit Marrero who is an excellent wrestler.

"I think he takes out Marrero as well since he is a much bigger grappler with knockout power."

I thought Kongo had KO power, and he was much taller and weighed more than Marrero.

Dan Cristison and Brad Imes should be on that list. And don't forget Carmelo Marrero.

Gonzaga is a BJJ Black Belt and one would think, much more capable on the ground and on his back than a kick boxer.

We'll see.

I didn't like seeing Kongo lose but Marrero shouldn't be knocked for keeping him down. Marrero seems to me to be in the same position as Kongo, Hardonk, Pe de Pano and Gonzaga. He is also coming to mma excelling at one thing but learning the other aspects to be a complete fighter. He's new and I hope will develop.

Melo took that fight on like 2-3 weeks notice. He came to the HardCore Gym and needed a game plan fast. What he did worked.

He has been in Vegas, and now other places, and will be back at the HCG to get ready again.

The list should look more like this:

1. Tim Sylvia

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Brandon Vera

4. Jeff Monson

5. Marcio Cruz (Pe De Pano)

6. Frank Mir

7. Gabriel Gonzaga

8. Assuerio Silva

9. Dan Cristionson

10. Carmelo Marrero

11. Cheik Kongo

12. Brad Imes

13. Eddie Sanchez

14. Antoni Hardonk

15. Jake O'Brien

16. Tom Murphy

"The UFC has 10 heavyweights? "

That was going to be my response, almost exactly. I was quite suprised to see 15+ fighters listed.

Fujita had a GREAT fight in the OWGP just months ago. Within the past year, Hearing beat Gary Good....ok, well, Fujita had a GREAT fight in the OWGP just months ago...LOL

Frank, is Carmello going to stay at heavy or move to 205. Looks like he go do either. The 205 class is wide open as well.

LOL @ Sylvia, Arlovski, and Vera alone not being able to beat any of the top 16 Pride HWs. You're delusional to think they can't beat quite a few of em.

It's true that Pride's HW division is currently better top to bottom but the margin is quickly shrinking, just read this thread for proof. The UFC is 2, maybe 3 big names from being just as good. Pulling a Crocop and Aleks over when their contracts are up would go a long way in accomplishing this. Besides, if the Pride HWs are so good they should come over here and win a couple fights, get their title shot and take the belt. Even if they take a pay cut initially if they truly think they have what it takes it won't take long to see the larger paydays.

"LOL @ Sylvia, Arlovski, and Vera alone not being able to beat any of the top 16 Pride HWs. You're delusional to think they can't beat quite a few of em.

It's true that Pride's HW division is currently better top to bottom but the margin is quickly shrinking, just read this thread for proof. The UFC is 2, maybe 3 big names from being just as good. Pulling a Crocop and Aleks over when their contracts are up would go a long way in accomplishing this..."

Agreed.

terrible list, they need to bring back the excitement at heavy, new era wrestlers, boxers, k-1, football players, hell something...

Dude, Sylvia, Arlovski, Vera, Monson, Assuerio Silva, Pe De Pano, and Gonzaga are great heavyweights that would do VERY well in pride.

LOL@BLAF. I hope you post more dude. Crack me up.