UFC Heavyweights at 92

All of the heavyweight fights were shown and all were entertaining. Some thoughts

Frank Mir- Wow, he looked fantastic. Great game plan, great execution. He is a cocky bastard but I have always liked him.

Nog - Fuck, that was hard to watch. He has been a favorite of mine for a long time. He was very heavy but I think that was by design and not poor training. He obviously did not expect Frank to be that good or effective on the feat. He is not washed up and I hope to see him back soon, against Randy would be nice.

Kongo- Looked very aggressive tonight. Usually very plodding but looked much better after the nut shot. The reciprocation was intentional imo. Needs to fight Hardonk, Gonzaga or Velasquez next.

Al-Turk - I liked this guy. He looked jittery and Kongo has improved dramatically in his last few so I really didn't expect him to win but I think he deserves to stay. Match him with McCully.

Hardonk - He keeps winning but hardly dominates. He seemingly has all the tools but there seems to be something missing. Kongo would be the step up he needs.

Wessel - This guy impressed the shit out of me. He came in on a weeks notice and but on a great show. He was game throughout. I want to see him again with more cardio. Burch would be a fun matchup.

Evensen - Seems like a great guy but needs to go. His only value is too showcase his opponent.

Barry - This guy is going to be a fucking star. Nice bit of matchmaking for his debut. His short stature is going to aid him and not hinder imo. He kicks are devestating and he launches the faster than anyone we've seen in the octagon. He trains with good people and I can't wait to see him again. A fight with Sanchez maybe.

6 months ago I said HW was the UFC's weakest division by far, but in two years would be a very, very talented and deep division. It's starting to develop that way.

With established heavyweights such as Mir, Lesnar, Nog, Gonzaga, and Couture on the roster, along with up and comers in Kongo, Carwin, Velasquez, Barry, and Hardonk, it's going to be a fun division to watch.

Hardonk vs. Kongo or Barry needs to happen

grafzep - All of the heavyweight fights were shown and all were entertaining. Some thoughts

Frank Mir- Wow, he looked fantastic. Great game plan, great execution. He is a cocky bastard but I have always liked him.

Nog - Fuck, that was hard to watch. He has been a favorite of mine for a long time. He was very heavy but I think that was by design and not poor training. He obviously did not expect Frank to be that good or effective on the feat. He is not washed up and I hope to see him back soon, against Randy would be nice.

Kongo- Looked very aggressive tonight. Usually very plodding but looked much better after the nut shot. The reciprocation was intentional imo. Needs to fight Hardonk, Gonzaga or Velasquez next.

Al-Turk - I liked this guy. He looked jittery and Kongo has improved dramatically in his last few so I really didn't expect him to win but I think he deserves to stay. Match him with McCully.

Hardonk - He keeps winning but hardly dominates. He seemingly has all the tools but there seems to be something missing. Kongo would be the step up he needs.

Wessel - This guy impressed the shit out of me. He came in on a weeks notice and but on a great show. He was game throughout. I want to see him again with more cardio. Burch would be a fun matchup.

Evensen - Seems like a great guy but needs to go. His only value is too showcase his opponent.

Barry - This guy is going to be a fucking star. Nice bit of matchmaking for his debut. His short stature is going to aid him and not hinder imo. He kicks are devestating and he launches the faster than anyone we've seen in the octagon. He trains with good people and I can't wait to see him again. A fight with Sanchez maybe.

Agree, but I think Kongo needs to be exposed by Gonzaga. He is so unbelievably inept on the ground, it's hard to believe that he's still being fed cans in the UFC. Maybe it's because of his physicality & looks?