UFC Heavyweights That Can Beat Lesnar?

OriginalTUFer -  True list of UFC fighters that can beat him:

That is all.

i have a feeling Mir coud beat him. i wonder what would happen if they ever fought?

Mir got smashed until he got that leg. Legit win tho.

AlexWysocki - Minotauro and Fabricio Verdum both would have a chance. I wouldnt put my money on ANYONE that would have to keep it standing to beat him.

+1

AmidaHidan -
AlexWysocki - Minotauro and Fabricio Verdum both would have a chance. I wouldnt put my money on ANYONE that would have to keep it standing to beat him.

+1

Add gonzaga.

AmidaHidan - 
AmidaHidan -

+1

Add gonzaga.

Agreed

BJ > DORKUS -  lol @ acting like Herring is the worst in the division.

No one is saying he is the worst, just that it was a favourable matchup for Brock.

Lesnar would dwarf Vera

He would do the same thing to Kongo. That should be next.

The only HW that beat Brock are guys with elite submission skills. Nog, Werdum, Napao, etc. I don't think there is a HW in the world that can prevent a Lesnar takedown so the fight is going to the ground.

Vera is too small. AlexW is correct.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, didnt this guy just get tapped out by a washed up Frank Mir in his last fight?

If he fights anybody who is good off there back he'll lose.

Hell, I wouldnt be suprised if he lost to Minowa

From what little I've seen of Lesnar in his two UFC fights (less than a total of four rounds, which isn't much to go on), there are two kinds of fighters who can beat him at this point in his career: (1) A high-level striker who has enough power to rock him and can sprawl to avoid the takedown or (2) A high-level BJJ blackbelt who can get Lesnar into his guard at work for the submission off his back. With respect to (1), we really don't know what kind of shots Lesnar can take because neither Mir or Herring are great strikers. In fact, I don't know whether any of the current UFC heavyweights would qualify. With respect to (2), Noguiera, Werdum, Gonzaga, and Mir (obviously). The longer the fight, the better their chances at submitting him. One last thought. It's not as if there haven't been some powerful ground-and-pound wrestlers in the sport before. I've been around long enough to recall the days when everyone said that Kerr and Coleman were indestructible but more well-rounded fighters figured out ways of beating them. Lesnar will be a tough fight for any heavyweight, especially if he doesn't fall into category (1) or (2), like Herring.

Top level BJJ guys like Nog/Werdum could beat him, but the rest would definitely struggle.  The size/strength/speed difference alone will give almost all of them troubles now let alone in a year or so when he really starts to come into his own.

He could be, it's hard to say. But you're right, Ray, it's not unreasonable. After all, neither Kerr nor Coleman ever developed into a more well-rounded fighter; neither had good striking or good defense on their feet. They relied on their wrestling and power to overwhelm their opponents. Lesnar needs to work on his submission defense otherwise he will remain vulnerable to people who are more skilled than Herring at submissions. Personally, I prefer fighters who have a more versatile attack. Until he has more weapons in his arsenal, he will be easier to prepare for because more or less, you know what he will try to do.

CARWIN......the list is 2 long

JakeTyler - Vera's jiu-jitsu is too good for Brock and his wrestling is good enough to avoid at least some takedowns, and his striking is way better. How would Brock win?

Lesnar still  needs more experience...but as natural athelticism on a guy who has to 'SUPER CUT' to make the 265...their is no one stronger or faster than him in the Heavyweight Division....he'll be champ soon enough...

As for Vera....he might possibly get killed in a fight with Lesnar.  He would be extremely outweighed, out strengthed, and may even get tossed out of the cage.

Ya imagine lesnar with BJJ blackbelt skills, shit even bluebelt skills..

I want to see him fight a legit sized HW with submission skills again and see how he does. I'd prefer either Gonzaga or Werdum.

boooring - I want to see him fight a legit sized HW with submission skills again and see how he does. I'd prefer either Gonzaga or Werdum.

Werdum would submit him very quickly, the guy right now probably has the best bjj in mma. Gonzaga is a question mark though, he showed that he can break and isnt amazing off his back like Werdum

" Lesnar needs to work on his submission defense otherwise he will remain vulnerable to people who are more skilled than Herring at submissions. Personally, I prefer fighters who have a more versatile attack. Until he has more weapons in his arsenal, he will be easier to prepare for because more or less, you know what he will try to do."

Don't you know what Werdum, Nogueira and Mir will try to do as well? At least with Brock (or any strong wrestler) he is more able to control where the fight takes place and thus who will be able to try what.

Nog, Gonzaga, Werdum would all beat him at this point, their all to good and well rounded. The rest could cause problems but he probably wins in most cases. The real question is will he improve or stay stagnant in his development. If he's like Coture and works to improve he can be a monster. If not just a bigger version of Coleman.