Ufc hw division is not that great for a tune-up

People who grew up with reality shows / tuf and have been brainfucked by dw, are saying that there are no interesting fights outside of the UFC for Fedor. Although I do admit I would have liked Fedor to go on a avenge-losses-tour, when looking at the UFC hw division it's not particularly filled with stars either.

I could count 3 heavyweights that would pose a serious challenge for a motivated / trained Fedor. Werdum, Cain and Junior Dos Santos. I could also add Bigfoot to them as a very interesting fight, mostly due to the first fight. But other than that, looking at the rest of the HW division roster, if anyone of them were cut today by the UFC the same people I mentioned in the beginning would consider them "cans".

They're old and too slow for the most part. Let's see some potential tune-up fights for Fedor in ufc.

- Andrei Arlovski: Fedor already knocked him out within the first round. He looked incredibly slow and one-dimensional against Mir. If ufc cut him today, the dana white fans would rush to call him a can.

- Cro Cop: Fedor has already beaten him and talking about someone being out of his prime... he got knocked out by Gonzaga, Schaub and got submitted by a guy in M1 whose name I don't even remember.

- Roy Nelson: He's 1-4 in his last 5 fights and his only win is against a clearly out of his prime Nogueira.

- Mark Hunt: He's 1-1-3 in his last 5 fights and his only win is against Roy Nelson. I think the war with bigfoot had a toll on both guys. Fedor has already beaten him.

- Stipe Miocic: Against the only serious challenger he faced (Dos Santos), he lost. Otherwise his defeats are mostly nobodies and people I've already mentioned.

- Travis Browne: He's 1-2 in his last 3 fights and the win was against Schaub.

- Alistair Overeem: I'd personally be excited to see this fight, especially due to the history involved, however even if Fedor won, every hater would attribute it to Alistair's glass jaw bla bla bla.

- Frank Mir: 2-5 in his last 7 matches. One of these 2 wins were against Todd Duffee, a great fight to watch, but it was basically a wild street-fight where either fighter could have been knocked out. He looked old, slow and gassed pretty soon in his fight against Arlovski.

I'm not saying that there's necessarily better competition outside the UFC, but for a tune-up fight, we'd have to wait and see who is chosen as an opponent before we can compare him to the possible tune-up fights in the ufc.

I'd personally consider Brock Lesnar, Blagoi Ivanov, McGeary and a trained Ricardo Arona equal if not better competition for Fedor for 2 tune-up fights.

Guys, there's a good reason why you see so many rematches for the title in that ufc division. It's because it sucks.

You may be overrating Fedors abilities some at this point. I'm sure he has fallen off from his prime somewhat. Plus he has been out of MMA for a while now.

Lesnar, Ivanov, McGeary and Arona get destroyed by most of the fighters you tried to write off earlier in your post.

StrikingMMA - You may be overrating Fedors abilities some at this point. I'm sure he has fallen off from his prime somewhat. Plus he has been out of MMA for a while now.

I'm not overrating neither underrating Fedor's abilities, actually, like everyone else, I have no idea. His age + layoff time are not encouraging. On the other hand in all his pictures he looks as if he is the best shape he's been in a very long time.

This is why I'm talking about a tune-up fight, something that is not really Cain/Werdum/Dos Santos caliber but would also mean something. And in my opinion a win over those other heavyweights wouldn't mean much either, they're all too slow and boring.

Fedor's fighting 1 fight for the new org, we have to wait and see who the opponent is.

pud12 - Lesnar, Ivanov, McGeary and Arona get destroyed by most of the fighters you tried to write off earlier in your post.

McGeary submits 50% of them in the first round and as far as the rest, if he goes through the first round they'd probably gass too much and he'd be able to finish them. Maybe not all, but I'm sure he would be something like 5-3 or 6-2 against them.

Prime Arona would also go a similar route... he already won Overeem in the past, he was the only one who was close to a win over prime Fedor and who knows where he'd be now if it weren't for his health issues.

Lesnar... it all depends on his condition and how much he is able to finish them in the initial onslaught.

Blagoi Ivanov was the first one to beat prime Fedor (albeit in combat sambo) and he is 12-1 in MMA. True, he hasn't faced top competition but you can't say that he'd get destroyed by most of them, we don't really know that.

FIGHTLORD - OP, you know your shit. Have a VU. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man, but with all the ufc fans and employees populating this forum I doubt the green arrow will ever show on my profile. Not like I care too...

But here take my vote-up for the day back (if I can because I gave touch one yesterday evening, if I can't I'll give it to you in a few hours).