UFC in Hi-Def

Mark Cuban is WEC...that's why they broadcast in Hi-Def...even though
it's broadcast after, not PPV, it looks great. Waaaay better production
values :) UFC has never been at the high end of production
values...perhaps it's time they changed and stopped looking like a low
budget show now that they're raking in the bucks...

Zuffa would broadcast in black and white if it would save them money.

Zuffa is hooking us all up Qtip you penis licker

I'd be curious to see how much they jack up the ppv price to broadcast in HD as it is obviously going to cost them more money for the bandwidth. Would you be willing to pay 50 or 60 bones to watch ufc in HD?

"HDNet shows replay UFC's in HD"

really? which ones have they shown? how often? I have HD, but haven't seen UFC on there yet. WEC yeah, but I've missed any UFC's they've shown.

UFC needs to raise the bar

TTT

UFCs have been shown on InHD, not HDNet.

you guys have no idea what it evens means to watch somehing in high def

Is it anything like Mos Def?

Gonzo, you are an assclown. UFC is on the hi def channel in 100% hi def. Dont post on here if you are going to spew stupidity. You have no clue Sherlock

What an idiot

hd owns

UFC PPV should be in HD, and Spike should be broadcasting in Digital HD by now. It's most likely Viacom's cheapness that their not. Not even MTV has switched to Digital feeds yet. Mainly only broadcast networks are on the HD bandwagon, the cable networks need to catch up big time.

you guys can't handle HD

Arby, just because the "UFC is on the hi def channel in 100% hi def" doesn't mean it's actually 100% Hi-def. I'm a video engineer and have been for over 20 years. the term "Hi-Def" gets thrown around so casually that when Gonzo says that you guys have no idea what it means to watch something in hi-def, I tend to agree.

I'm not saying that everyone here is clueless or even that the "Hi-Def" broadcasts aren't hi-def. I'm just saying that there's alot of expensive steps that have to be takin for it to truely be hi def when your eyes are seeing it.

An example is..What good is Hi-Def when it's compressed?

Airspeed is kidding or hasn't see true HD.

UFC hasn't been on the HD channels much if at all lately. And when it does air, They are really old. Better than beavers building dams, but it would be good to see 53-58 in HD.

And yes, Gonzo, STFU.

"Airspeed is kidding or hasn't see true HD."

or has only seen it on the 12" Sorny he bought at Rite-Aid. (j/k)

For those who don't have HD I compare it to cell phones. Once you
have a cell-phone, land lines seem useless; once you have HD, you
only watch standard TV if absolutely necessary. People I know who
have HD watch programming simply because it on in HD. It's makes
any broadcast product that much more attractive, plus it conveys more
professionalism behind that product. I understand there are great
expenses broadcasting live in HD but eventually it will be the norm.

When will Zuffa step it up? TTT

I'd be curious to see how much they jack up the ppv price to broadcast in HD as it is obviously going to cost them more money for the bandwidth.

they broadcast in HD, i got a flyer from direct tv in my recent bill and they had two different prices. regular price was $40. for last ppv and i think $50. for HD.

JM is correct. To the video engineer dude, give me all your lame verbiage you want but Im watching it in Hi Def. I have never watched a caterpillar crawl on a leaf for 10 min but I have on Hi- Def, try to tell me that its not hi def yet I can see the damn teeth on the caterpillar and the chloroplasts on the leaf. But you could be right, its just my imagination and the paint thinner