UFC-in the crowd-training scenario

;D

cyberslinger....that is not a definition of an Alpha Male. 

Actions speak louder than words sometimes.  I wasn't being aggressive, he was.  I just stood my ground and insisted on my space, politely.  I could have elbowed him accidently in the head or ribs, but that wouldn't have been appropriate.  By insisting on being respected, he respected me.  I think his first impression was that I was an old guy who he could intimidate.  Once he saw I wasn't intimidated at all and was a friendly guy, we didn't have any further problems.  He was very interested in the conversation me and the guy on the other side of me were having.  We were talking about training in BJJ and what other styles we cross trained in.  It was soon after, my neighbor decided to re-locate, LOL.  

Gary Hughes 

Dougie is the man, they didn't know how close to death they really were.

At the last Rumble on the rock I had some drunk idiots sitting behind me and our whole Dojo (which they didn't know were there). The guy right behind me was the drunkest of all his friends and was spilling beer and kneeing in the back of the head. Lucky for the guy I'm mellow and told the guy to settle down and quit spilling beer on me, of course he didn't like that and tried to get tough with all his boys around him. Then when 15-20 BJJ/kickbox trained guys weighting in around 170-265lbs bluebelt thru Blackbelt stood up they settled down really quick to say the least. Thats how I like to handle those situation, safety in numbers!! ;-)

"I find people aren't often what they seem to be and given a chance to have fun they will jump at it."

Great advice from fellow Canook Dougie. At UFC 47, some Diaz supporter a row above me was really annoying spilling his beer on me during his fight with Lawler. I just told him "dude if you are gonna waste that beer you might as well give it to me". He apologized and we chatted throughout the rest of the fights.

hey sam pai, i picked correctly first... and no congrats, not even a mention... sigh(looks down, kicks dirt around)

ouch @ Thethreadender!!!lol

coxy is correct, that was a good call.  Please accept my humble apologies and sincere congratulations.

Gary Hughes

Good story jjd!

Another thing can be said about letting your actions speak for you.  This little confrontation was between me and him, nobody else was even aware of it.  If I would have said something, maybe he would have felt the need to save face.

(stops sulking)... cheers sam.

thethreadender...you are an anonymous troll.  I am the reason shotguns and anonymous internet screen names were invented.

Gary Hughes, Troll Slayer

Sam Pai has bitch slapped a troll again!!

jjd is correct.  Just another typical day at the office, LOL.

C. Hold your ground, flex your shoulders and force your neighbor to stay on his own side.

I bet this is what Sam Pi did. Now I gotta read forward in this thread to see if he answered or not.

VitOr...the only thing the threadender "wrapped", was his lips around your shriveled manhood.

Louco is correct.

LOL @ all the humerous responses.

Just say Hey Bud you are in the wrong seat this is the section for the golden agers like me.

I would envision SAM PIE KEMPO first trying to diffuse the situation with humor, joking with the guys to build rapport before asking them to give you space, maybe even adking one of them if they sould switch with the person on theo ther side of them to free up room for all ( put in terms of helping them get more room)

Secondly, you would tell both you are going to the mens room, and so nobody thinks this seat is empty you will place a magazine on your seat. The magazine will be left open to an article on "silent but deadly knife attacks" with a pic of one of your favorite knives , all for them to conveniently see and think thru their mind while you are doing pee-pee.
\

note: if this was a very early UFC you might leave an article on dim-mak to dehabilitate an opponent, but wouldnt be beleivable in this day and age.

This story reminds me of a Rage in the Cage I attended in Indy a few years ago.

Between every cage fight there was literally at least one fight in the bleachers somewhere.

At some random location a lot of people would suddenly go "whooooaaa" followed by everybody scrambling away or standing up to get a better view. We always missed how they started, but were amused to realize that there were as many fights in the bleachers as we had paid to see in the cage.

VitOr...I have no groupies. 

I have offered to prove the effectiveness of my handgun techniques to anyone who is interested.

LOL @ me being afraid of a muscle head!!  I have confidence in my training, I know you can't relate.

Gary Hughes