UFC Interested in Mayhem Miller?

"UFC president Dana White was asked at yesterday’s fan Q&A in Canada whether he would be interested in picking up the host of MTV’s ‘Bully Beatdown’ show he appeared open to the idea.  “Yeah, I think so,” White confirmed. “He lost to Georges St.Pierre a long time ago, that was his last fight in the UFC, and yeah, we’ll see what happens. Listen, we’re always interested in bringing in the best guys in the world, so, we’ll see.”

www.fightofthenight.com/news/dana-white-admits-an-interest-in-signing-jason-mayhem-miller/

he also did appear in DFW's most recent video blog

Sign him and Nick and make the fight happen.

I still don't understand why they dropped Mayhem... he only had one fight and that was against GSP and it went a full 3 rounds.

Since his 'I deserve fights against the champions because I'm 1-1 in the organization' tour isn't going so well, I could see this happening.

Edit: 1-1, not 0-1 my bad.

Double Edit: I guess Lesnar got this too. I talked myself into an easy retort :(.

Shields can kick his ass again.... ya!

I'd like to see mayhem in the UFC some pretty cool matchups for him there Phone Post

Mayhem talked about this on Ellis' show a while ago....

He said basically it comes down to the fact that they want to pay him less than he feels he deserves and the fact that they wont allow him to market himself, they expect too much ownership over their fighters and he likes being a 'free agent'.

I also read somewhere that they wanted him to stay at 170 and he wasn't feeling that .

If I understand correctly, Mayhem wouldn't be allowed to do Bully Beat Down under a Zuffa contract....or they would expect some royalties from MTV or something along those lines.

New times could mean new changes tho, so you never know.

Mayhem vs. The Cunt would be great, Mayhem vs. Sonnen might just break the internet

I hope so. That would be cool to see

he would fit in well with the UFC's pro-wrestling style approach.

WAR MAYHEM!

I kno alot of u fellas c mayhem on bully beatdown but if u listen to him on the Jason Ellis show on Sirius XM. he is amazing and hilarious. WAR MAYHEM Phone Post

Would be awesome.

he wouldnt be allowed to do bully beatdown anymore

"Listen, we're always interested in bringing in the best guys in the world, so, we'll see."

DFW confirms that the UFC doesn't already have all the best guys in the world? Wow...that's an unusually humble statement about the talent pool in his own organization.

I like this Dana White.

Druskee27 - I wonder why Mayhem was only given one fight in the UFC?

I think they did offer him another fight at 170lbs and he turned it down.

Weird to think that Mayhem had a $1500/$1500 contract to fight GSP. Mayhem once told me that after losing and paying license fees & other expensese, he left Vegas on Sunday with less than $1000.

Its not like his fight w/GSP was that long ago, but, man, that was such a different era.

Also...no way Mayhem could fight at 170 again. The guy would have cut 30+lbs...he's no longer the young skinny kid he was when he used fight at that class.

Leben vs Mayhem!

IRISH ARE INFERIOR TO GREEKS - dana knws he an make $ off him.
This ^

PatrickFreitas - Weird to think that Mayhem had a $1500/$1500 contract to fight GSP. Mayhem once told me that after losing and paying license fees & other expensese, he left Vegas on Sunday with less than $1000.

Its not like his fight w/GSP was that long ago, but, man, that was such a different era.

Also...no way Mayhem could fight at 170 again. The guy would have cut 30+lbs...he's no longer the young skinny kid he was when he used fight at that class.
TTT Pat - u helped Mayhem become a star in your ICON shows...  I called it when Dana's last Vlog went out, putting Mayhem at the end of the clip, you can just read between the lines...  He's maturing as a fighter so It'll be good for him to test himself and make some $$$ in the UFC, SF aint giving him enough fights, he's getting into his prime now and the TV show has really given him more attention...  Good for Mayhem...