UFC is on FOX a total of 12 hours a year. Dumb.

Used to get UFC on the Fox channel here, but not so much anymore.  It's been moved somewhere else and TBH, I can't be assed to hunt for it anymore.

If I can catch the events fine.  If not, whatever.  I'm tired of trying to chase it around and the fights lately haven't been good enough to warrant it.

I'll just come here after events to check out the gifs instead!  Weeeee!

Try calling NowTV in Hong Kong and asking which channel they're showing the UFC on now.

Good luck with that!  LOL!

You can't see?  Why you no can see?  Should see good!

OK thanks for that, bye bye.

Whether we like it or not fox sports and FS1 is now tied to the hip with the UFC and vice versa.  Fox has no choice but to make the UFC work.  There's very few other sports options available.

That means Fox has to make the UFC as mainstream as it's ever going to be.

6ULDV8 -

Used to get UFC on the Fox channel here, but not so much anymore.  It's been moved somewhere else and TBH, I can't be assed to hunt for it anymore.

If I can catch the events fine.  If not, whatever.  I'm tired of trying to chase it around and the fights lately haven't been good enough to warrant it.

How do you know the fights haven't been good enough if you don't watch them? Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley - 4 cards at 2 hours each and 4 episodes of "Road to the Octagon" at 1 hour each. Besides that there is zero UFC programming on big Fox. And they wonder why the Fox deal isn't making them mainstream. Phone Post 3.0
I agree dude. No special segments for interviews, build ups, UFC unleashed on fight days, hell even Best of Pride would help grow the sport. Biggest platform they have had to date and they aren't even using it. Phone Post 3.0

Chris27 -

Because they are trying to build FS1 network, a sports network.

Sure having primetimes and other stuff on main Fox would be great but how many other sports stuff do you see?  Do you see NFL docs on Fox?

They need content for the network they are building so thats why that gets put on FS1.  It sucks for the UFC short term because less people see it, putting a GSP Primetime on Fox on SUnday after football would probably get you atleast 1 million or more viewers compared to 150k on FS1 but its just like with Bellator on Spike thats not good for the network.

The NFL doesn't need to promote games, though. The NFL is huge and everyone knows games are on Sundays (unless it's a night game but then it wouldn't be on Fox anyway). The UFC have this amazing platform yet they never use it. Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley - 
Chris27 -

Sure having primetimes and other stuff on main Fox would be great but how many other sports stuff do you see?  Do you see NFL docs on Fox?

They need content for the network they are building so thats why that gets put on FS1.  It sucks for the UFC short term because less people see it, putting a GSP Primetime on Fox on SUnday after football would probably get you atleast 1 million or more viewers compared to 150k on FS1 but its just like with Bellator on Spike thats not good for the network.

The NFL doesn't need to promote games, though. The NFL is huge and everyone knows games are on Sundays (unless it's a night game but then it wouldn't be on Fox anyway). The UFC have this amazing platform yet they never use it. Phone Post 3.0

The UFC doesn't have anything. They are at the mercy of TV ratings and ad revenue and right now, FOX would be losing money by replacing proven shows with UFC shows which don't draw the same amount of viewers. Pretty simple concepts.

RicGillespie -
BrattMamley - 
Chris27 -

The UFC doesn't have anything. They are at the mercy of TV ratings and ad revenue and right now, FOX would be losing money by replacing proven shows with UFC shows which don't draw the same amount of viewers. Pretty simple concepts.
Not saying they should replace shows or put UFC content on primetime. It's beneficial for fox too if the UFC grows. I just think there's a lot of slots that Ufc programming could fill. Even if it's at 11pm on a weeknight. Just give the UFC more exposure. Phone Post 3.0

That doc would be perfect for big Fox. They could even break it up into 2 nights since 2 hours is a big commitment. Greatest hits shows would be great, too. Even the Primetime series should be featured on big Fox. It was damn good for GSP Hendricks. Phone Post

BJ Penn Forever - 
shin2chin - Why not a have a weekly greatest hits show?

Fuck, put some 'dark ages' fights on there.

Greatest hits shows on Fox would do wonders to grow the sport.

Pettis, Aldo, Barao, Henderson, Macdonald, Weidman, Cormier could all use the exposure.

So what if everyone knows GSP, Honda, and Jones? GSP is on his way out the door and Honda and Jones are not going to hang around until they are 43 like Dan Henderson.

what u gonna show cormier dry humping mir for 15 minutes? or wait maybe show him dry humping nelson for 15 minutes? yea thats great plan u retard. gtfo the cormier balsack wagon till he oes something worth respectin in the sport bruh

YHTOMIT2001 - 
6ULDV8 -

How do you know the fights haven't been good enough if you don't watch them? Phone Post 3.0

PSYCHIC!

ttt for more discussion after subpar ratings last night

ttt this still pisses me off

The biggest problem I see with the FOX deal is that they don't put any marquee matchups on big FOX cards. They put a bunch of lightweight title fights and fringe contenders to show the masses what MMA is all about.

Wouldn't you grow the sport more if you show Jon Jones? Hey, you lose a pay-per-view draw, but you're showing America what your sport is all about by showcasing the best there is. That's investing into the future. Short-term pain, long-term gain.

At the end of the day, people want to see the best against the best. Nobody wanted to see NFL Europe, nobody wanted to watch MLS back when it was a less respected league, nobody cares about local professional rugby teams in the US.

I feel the UFC really screwed up by not putting some bigger fights on his FOX cards. They just went Cain vs. JDS and then said fuck it. Phone Post 3.0

FadeToBlack - The biggest problem I see with the FOX deal is that they don't put any marquee matchups on big FOX cards. They put a bunch of lightweight title fights and fringe contenders to show the masses what MMA is all about.

Wouldn't you grow the sport more if you show Jon Jones? Hey, you lose a pay-per-view draw, but you're showing America what your sport is all about by showcasing the best there is. That's investing into the future. Short-term pain, long-term gain.

At the end of the day, people want to see the best against the best. Nobody wanted to see NFL Europe, nobody wanted to watch MLS back when it was a less respected league, nobody cares about local professional rugby teams in the US.

I feel the UFC really screwed up by not putting some bigger fights on his FOX cards. They just went Cain vs. JDS and then said fuck it. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed VU

So basically, prime time options for ufc on Fox would be Friday and Saturday, 8-12.

Sunday will never happen because of the NFL and that is Fox's animation night.

So now you have 8 hours/week x 52 weeks = 416 hours/year.

At 12 hours UFC is getting 2.9% of available time.

Seems reasonable. Phone Post 3.0

Fox fucked them imo - i'd rather UFC be a big fish in the smaller pond of Spike than a tiny fish on the big pond of Fox..

honestly who watches all these events anymore, I'm barely interested anymore

most people including hardcores want to see that spark, whether it be a fighting style or their persona, in order to want to follow a particular fighter - I do not see much of that talent currently

time traveling 12er - Think about it this way. You own a large chain of restaurants. As a side venture you have launched sports bars. To help get the new sports bar going you've purchased exclusive rights to a craft brewery that the core sports bar audience seems to like. As part of the deal the large chain will get seasonal specialty brews, while a bulk of the stock will be exclusive to the sports bars.

Now as a beer swilling customer might complain "hey that's stupid, why don't put most of the beers at the large chain!? why put most of them in the sports bars? Wouldn't you sell more if you put them at the larger chain?" At which point the restaurant owner would tell you that they paid for the exclusive rights specifically to help with the new sports bar and giving exposure to the brewery was not their primary objective because they don't own the brewery. They'd then probably tell you that the bathroom is for customers only and ask that you park your bicycle outside.
Really really good post that I hope doesn't get overlooked. VU. Phone Post 3.0

"Let's bring some of our UFC fighters onto football broadcasts to expose them to the tv audience as personalities"

"Hell no that stuff is barbaric, WOW DID YOU SEE THAT HIT? HERE COMES THE STRETCHER!"

-NFL fans/executives