UFC judges = F@cking Bullsh*t

First we have the whole Machida/Shogun fuckup, next we have the whole Roy Nelson on TUF bullshit and next we have Randy vs Brandon.

All 3 horrible fucking decisions in which the person who won the fight obviously lost it but was awarded the win anyways.

Now I know that the UFC doesn't control who judges their fights as the judges are picked by the athletic commision or whatever but holy fuckin hell what a crock of shit.

I'm starting to think the UFC is cursed with horrible judges.

It's been a real rough month for UDC decisions.

Who in the blue fucking hell is judging these ufc's anyways ??

I'm guessing from the horrible god damn decisions I've seen lately that the 3 judges at ringside are Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Hellen Keller.

sorry, the third line from the bottom of my first post should have read:

It's been a real rough month for UFC decisions.

Ummm, you do know that the athletic commissions pick the judges?

And that it is the same judges regardless if it is the UFC or KOTC.

You know that right?

"Now I know that the UFC doesn't control who judges their fights as the judges are picked by the athletic commision or whatever but holy fuckin hell what a crock of shit."

Not in England.

Massa - Ummm, you do know that the athletic commissions pick the judges?

And that it is the same judges regardless if it is the UFC or KOTC.

You know that right?

is there something wrong with your reading comprehension ??

see the third line down in my original post...DUH !!

It goes back before Machida/Shogun, this isn't something new.  Now it's just on par with boxing.  Hell the judges are probably boxing judges.

Very close fight,, but I think they got it right , Randy did control the fight, It wasn't dominating but , I think he won VERY CLOSE!!!

Randy is the king of standing lay and pray....

What a bogus ass boring fight.

I hope in his next fight, he gets KO'd like chuck beat him and we don't have to see him fight again

I happen to know one of the judges, he's a brown belt in bjj has mma experience and is a general knowledgable person. Not sure who appointed him tho but im sure hes not or ever been a boxing judge or into boxing as far as im aware

Fight metric says Vera won

I'm not motivated enough to look into the judging criteria within mma, but it appears that drawn rounds are frowned upon, let alone drawn fights.

The judges were in my opinion influenced by the warm reception that Randy received from the fans and didn't want to send the legend away with his 3rd loss in a row. Perhaps the possibility of a draw in this Randy cuddle-fest would have eased their respective unprofessional state of mind while at the same time giving some justice to the slightly more effective Vera.

RobbedByMyCheetah

Machida Robbed Me Too<!--Session data-->

Slapnutz - Randy is the king of standing lay and pray....

What a bogus ass boring fight.

That's not really fair.  Randy almost always gets the takedown and beats their ass after the clinch.  It's a compliment to Vera that he was able to nullify Randy's wrestling skills.  Unfortunately that leads to a boring fight.  Just like someone's standup defense could nullify the other guy's punching offense and make it boring.

If the fight was ruled a draw, people would still complain.

These WORST DECISION threads and discussions in general need to stop. The problem is not the judging, but many many things, that might or might not be problems. First off, the criteria for judging is vague and in a sport that has so much to judge and s not fully understood by most; and that includes judges, fans, etc. Second, we watch these fights from a different perspective. There are 3 judges p[laced at 3 different places ringside. Just their seat can change the way they see the fight. They do not have the benefit of the impartial announcing of Rogan and Goldberg to help them out. Also everyone watching has a bias. You also see what you want, and see what you are looking at.

E.G. I thought Machida clearly won rounds 1-3 and even made bets immediately following that all 3 judges would score it 48-47. So it obviously was not as bad as those who thought SHogun won are making it out to be. Randy/Vera: I thought Vera won,however I think Randy won round one, Vera won round 2 and Randy was controlling round 3 until the last minute which was briefly dominated by Vera. It all depends on how you score that last round. If you are a judge and you look at Octagon Control as a major factor, randy controlled for the majority of that round. I personally think Vera stole that round, as Randy's style does not allow for much damage or anything BUT control. Hamil/Bisping is another one that people call teh worst decision ever, but at the time, everyone at my house thought that it was 1 round apiece going into round 3. Round 3 was close. Bisping was trying to finish. Hamil had him on his back for a bit, but did nothing and Bisping got back up. IT was a close round. They were in England. It was close, but again everyone who was watching it at my house that night agreed that Bisping would get the decision, but that it was probably a bit more Hamil's fight. That is hardly a full-blown fuck up... unless you love Hamil or hate Bisping.

There are always going to be bad calls and decisions we don't agree with. But with the judging system, the relative newness of the sport and criteria, its expected. We will hopefully eventually change the judging criteria and for sure judges will get better educated on the entire game as time goes by, but close fights will always have these decisions.

The decisions aren't bullshit, the scoring system is. As FightScientist said, pretty much all the decisions were predictable based on the standards UFC judges use (except Hamill-Bisping, which was bullshit but predictable based on venue). Right now, it is possible to be completely outfought but still win a decision based on the judging criteria.

Well you know opinions are like assholes.everyone has one and that being said mine is no exception.first the Rua fight in which i can tell you i was rooting for machida but fair is fair and i don't see how the hell they gave that decision to him.Now having said that there is some justice because he was the only one awarded no win bonus and i hope dana gave it to shogun..now,there's this vera/couture fight..i do not believe couture won at all.yeah so he held him up against the cage but that's really about it.scored some while he was there but brandon rocked him right out of the box.then knocked him down in the second then took him down in the 3rd and had mount..that out weighs what couture did in my opinion but whatever..for the first time i really felt like not watching mma for a while after that..the judging stinks.straight up..something must be done about this bad judging or mma will be soon looked at like boxing for it's decisions and that would be real bad.