UFC judges?

obiwan23,

you're way off on cecil peoples. he and doc hamilton went from camp to camp asking the fighters how they could be better refs and judges - that says a lot as to how much they're willing to learn.

sometimes ignorance speeks for itself. I just want to make sure that those of you that don't know Cecil and/or his abilities don't read any credibility into obiwan23's evaluation.

Rich Santoro & siouxNYC give just a few of many examples as to why Cecil Peoples is one of, if not, the most qualified official in martial arts including kickboxing & MMA and that is the reason he's called on all over the world by every sanctioning & promoting organization involved in the fight game.

obiwan23, if your gonna log onto some forum and start spouting your opinions about something and especially someone, it might be a good idea to know what the fuck you're talking about first. Unless of course you want to start being known as someone to not pay any attention to...maybe you should get a new screen name and start over...

TTT

"I understand your gripe, I just think you chose a poor example and since you obviously don't know anything about Cecil Peoples and you used him to support your complaint."

Again, you are talking about effort, not results. You don't understand my gripe. You think effort is what counts, and not performance.

This I will grant: possibly, regarding reffing, I saw matches that he reffed before he learned to better understand the role of groundwork in MMA. I am speaking specifically of his reffing in some KOTC matches I have seen, where he seemed to think he was reffing Pancrase, where 15 or 20 seconds on the ground, no matter what was going on, merited a stand-up.

You don't understand what I am saying: I am not saying Cecil Peoples is corrupt, or willfully malevolent. Because you have some kind of sentimental attachment to him, I guess, you are unable to realize this; you defend him from emotion, assuming I am making criticisms I am not.

I am saying he is incompetent, from everything I have seen, including the scoring in the Hughes match, unless his score was the 29-28 one, which it may well have been.

Please: before you start assuming someone has some personal gripe or axe to grind, examine your own hand for a hatchet.

I have no personal complaint about Cecil Peoples beyond the irritation watching him ref KOTC, and score UFC fights, has inspired.

MORON.

they got them from pride

ttt

Obiwan... the problem with your criticism against Cecil is you provide no solid information about his faults... you just say he has them but don't explain where they have manifested.

I illustrated where he properly scored Vazquez/Emerson (by giving full regard to Vazquez's grappling)... Also, where he recognized a grappling/submission situation in Riley/Morgan... Then it was pointed out that he went around asking teams for feedback on how to improve.

You don't have any specific examples of where he has scored things poorly or did bad reffing (If you have information on bouts that he scored poorly, I would actually like to know... And what KOTC bouts in did he do a poor job on??? And how do you know that it wasn't the promoter who encouraged speedier stand-ups in an officials' meeting???)

The point is, please consider not indicting someone publically without having details to substantiate the claim (and consider investigating alitlle before you blame someone of faults).

Cecil did not score the Charuto/Hughes match... Doc did and he is the one who scored it 28-29

the Force is weak in obiwan23.

Yeah, it's great, obiwan23 tells me that I "have some kind of sentimental attachment to him" and that's my reason for not being able to understand his reasoning. Let me tell you obiwan, like rich said, you have given baseless opinions that are substantiated on nothing but your opinions and assumptions such as..."I am saying he is incompetent, from everything I have seen, including the scoring in the Hughes match, unless his score was the 29-28 one, which it may well have been.Please: before you start assuming someone has some personal gripe or axe to grind, examine your own hand for a hatchet."That's funny, you clearly make an assumption about the Hughes match and then you accuse me of having a personal "axe to grind" I just said you don't know what you're talking about and your argument is all conjecture.You keep contradicting yourself and using Cecil as an example of a "bad official" is less than weak. "Effort without progress is worse than no effort at all, when it affects others lives unfairly and improperly....Please think about what you said here for a minute...You see, there's effort being put into this thread to try and give you some insight so that you'll understand a little more of the big picture but it doesn't seem like you want to hear it. You, with your blinders on, forging on without taking into account any of the information or facts that have thrown out to you make it clear that you, at the very least, have an emotional attachment to winning this argument.

and like I said... Cecil didn't even score Verissimo/Hughes