UFC jumped the shark- Forrest is not main worthy

frontrowbrian - 
Steve4192 - Rather than  pointlessly bitching, how about you offer some alternatives? 

Who do you think they can get to fight on three weeks notice?
Move Couture/Vera to UFC 106 and screw Manchester and Spike TV. They get Bisping/Kang and Swick/Hardy.. that's enough for a Spike show

Don't us European fans get screwed enough with the cards we have ?!

Any 2 of Nogueira / Velasquez / Carwin are main event worthy. Presumably Nogueira & Velasquez as Carwin will want to keep him title fight position.

do you know what jump the shark means?

UFC will have jumped the shark when they have Vanilla Ice fighting Danny Bonaduce in a main event

seriously they need another fight on that card. Maybe they should bring in GSP to clown Serra again. I enjoyed that.

Needless to say that's one UFC I'm not buying.

The overall card is actually very good, the undercard is stacked. The problem is you are probably looking at decisions in the Tito, Fitch and lil Nog fights so you probably won't get too many undercard filler.

They should extend the prelims to 2 hours or extend the PPV to show more fights, I would want to watch just about every undercard fight except Grove/Rosholt.

Monsters Ball - I don't think you have a valid complaint since you get all of the shows basically for free. Here in the USA we have to shell out $49 per event. So who should the UFC try harder to satisfy here?

Exactly. The money from the US fans basically subsidizes Euro shows. The UFC needs to worry about taking care of their golden goose more so than the freeloaders across the pond.

Watered down product

Holy shit that last post made too much sense for the UG.

People are acting as if Forrest and Tito aren't big names anymore. Ok it's your opinion... but don't then go and make up a list where half the people are more shot, or never even reached the status of Tito and Forrest. That's just embarrasing.

CLINTK9 - 
mcpeepants232003 - Just because you dislike tuffers it doesn't mean they aren't great fighters. Funny you list fighters like Kharitinov, Cung Le, Robbie Lawlor, and on as great fighters but lump all tuffers together. Especially when fighters like Maynard, Diego, Rashad, Bader, Florian, and Forrest are just as highly rated if not more highly rated.To me it seems like now that the sport has become much more popular maybe it has moved past you? You didn't list one fighter who has came up recently as a real fighter besides Mousasi. Instead you provided a laundry list of big name fighters from the past.Just because tuffers were on a tv show you don't like it doesn't mean they aren't great fighters. It's funny that fans like you have no problem when a fighter like Wandy or Tito headlines a card, when they are clearly past their prime, but then have a problem when someone like Rashad or Forrest does when they are just as good fighters. Take off your blinders for a minute and maybe you'll realize just like all fighters there are great tuffers and bad tuffers. Come on you list Shamrock as a great fighter and his best win in the last 9 years is Phil Baroni but Maynard isn't a great fighter when he's beaten Edgar, Clementi, Miller and Huerta in the last 2 years?

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... From fightlinker.com (from UFC.COM forums):

mmaaddiction:
I am going to UFC 106 and I am extremely disappointed that the Lesnar fight is off and there is no replacement fight. There are only 7 fights on the card now. I paid alot of money to be at this fight and I am feeling severely ripped off. Dana you need to do something to make this right!

nick757:
Come on UFC, you have to add another headliner. I spent $2,100 for my tix and Ortiz vs Griffin just isn’t worth it.

jtn9981:
Wow, looks like I picked the wrong event to buy tickets to - pretty weak headlining fight for a PPV event…I really like Tito and Forrest, but you gotta add another big name match-up here.

tknyrmny:
I paid 500 bucks each for 2 tickets and now this card completely sucks. Who cares about Tito fighting Forrest. This is my first live ufc and my honeymoon which was planned completely around that fight. Does anybody know if you can get a refund cause I wouldn’t pay 100 bucks to see Ortiz and Forrest as the main event

You didn't actually address his point, you just quoted some other people who sorta agree with you. None of the four actually have anything to say about TUF.

waxwing slain -  I'm still in shock that they are really going forward with a Vegas card this shitty...it's amazing...

What's shitty about it? Considering you have one of the highest drawing Vegas card fighters of all time in the main event?

Tito or Forrest may not be top-5 right now, but shit Tito Ortiz can sell PPVs where all he does paint his house. Remember, too, that Forrest is a last-minute replacement for Mark Coleman. Remember that Lesnar, three weeks out, pulls out of the ppv because of injury.

This card from, top to bottom, is filled with potential wars.

Anthony Johnson / Josh Koscheck? Someone is going to sleep.
Marcus Davis? Dude comes to fight Every. Single. Time.
Dustin Hazelett? BJJ Machine against a judo guy that doesn't quit
Phil Baroni? A thousand punches in thirty seconds (then he gasses and gets subbed by Sadollah, but still).
Brock Larson and Sotiropoulos are both high-upside guys.

Not much on the card to impact the title picture, but there's plenty of guys that can put on great fights.

JimmersonzGlove - 
TheVileOne - 
waxwing slain -  I'm still in shock that they are really going forward with a Vegas card this shitty...it's amazing...

What's shitty about it? Considering you have one of the highest drawing Vegas card fighters of all time in the main event?

Well it's a guy that Dana has been saying sucks and isn't good for the last two years vs a guy coming off 2 losses and one of the most embarassing performances in UFC history.

Ken Shamrock sucks, did that keep his last two fights with Ortiz in the UFC from doing huge business?

Like it or not. Forrest Griffin is a former champion. Ortiz is a former champion and one of the highest drawing fighters in MMA and UFC history. So you can all poopoo it, but its still a blockbuster fight and show.

There are still a number of other intriguing and entertaining looking matchups on the card like Johnson/Kos and Sadollah/Baroni is being added to the main card which a lot of you want.

MetaDevil - This card from, top to bottom, is filled with potential wars.

Anthony Johnson / Josh Koscheck? Someone is going to sleep.
Marcus Davis? Dude comes to fight Every. Single. Time.
Dustin Hazelett? BJJ Machine against a judo guy that doesn't quit
Phil Baroni? A thousand punches in thirty seconds (then he gasses and gets subbed by Sadollah, but still).
Brock Larson and Sotiropoulos are both high-upside guys.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

This will have the lowest PPV buy number of the year.

"Shogun and Machida should fight on the main event."

Yes, a month after their last fight.  Great suggestion.

cry more !!!!!!!!

frontrowbrian - 
Pink Bunkadoo - 
frontrowbrian -  

Holy shit
i found that gif on sportsbybrooks.com. Kind of a sports gossip site.  
thumbs up

it's very simple. Dont get the event. The UFC has jumped the shark with the ridiculous number of events for which they charge $50 a pop. Quit getting them & they will change. I personally think it's gotten too big anyway & there's too many morons as fans that you have to deal with on a daily basis

"cause He''ll fight for peanuts"

Do tell us what Forrest's pay is.  I'd love to hear this since you obviously know.

Did you know that Dana bought Forrest a brand new, custom Range Rover after he coached TUF?  Didn't think so. 

You don't know what Forrest makes, do you?  Oh let me guess:  You read the numbers supplied by the commission?