UFC Los Angeles counters Affliction Anaheim ?

Is the UFC to Staples Center in October announcement to draw away from Affliction 3 in Anaheim in August ?

Hard core fans will take the opportunity to go to both events. But with the ticket prices the way there are now, I think the casual fan will choose one event over the other.

I myself will wait till the cards take shape and then decide.

Sure wouldn't be the first time the UFC has tried pulling the rug from under a competitor.

ttt

You don't see it as fair competition ?

Competition is healthy, may the best card win

jongkiman - Hardcore Fans will go the Affliction Event and Casual Softcores to UFC event

Probably.

mrzipplokk -  You don't see it as fair competition ?
I absolutely think it's fair to counter-program.

I'm going to both, but it will be tough for the UFC to top Fedor-Barnett. Whatever the motivation for Zuffa is in putting on more LA shows, I'm in favor of it. This is the largest city in the US that allows MMA, and has a huge fan base. They should be in LA at least twice a year.

Probably try to get a Gracie on the LA card again. Which one , Ralek ?

jongkiman - Hardcore Fans will go the Affliction Event and Casual Softcores to UFC event

I disagree. There are plenty of hardcore fans who would go to UFC. You're confusing what you think to be "cool" with what you think to be "hardcore".

Contrary to popular "hardcore" opinion, it is ok to be a fan of the UFC as well as other orgs.

I wouldn't miss Fedor/Barnett for anything.

I understood him to mean fans that follow closely will be more aware of Fedor and Affliction. Fans who see TUF on TV would be more likely to go to a UFC event. No ? 

A full fledged cock block would be for the UFC to hold a show in August or a little before IMO.  

* In Orange or LA county.

mrzipplokk -  I understood him to mean fans that follow closely will be more aware of Fedor and Affliction. Fans who see TUF on TV would be more likely to go to a UFC event. No ? 

I understand that you understood better than me.

Sadly, there are people who would rather see Junie Browning fight than that russian guy. Ironically those same people wear Affliction shirts.

I might go, depending on the card.

^Which one Knux ?!

I saw on the Dirty.com they called it "Assliction". 

http://thedirty.com/2009/05/23/assliction-stop-following-me/

Any MMA fan in their right mind would never pass up an opportunity to see Fedor fight live, I don't care what the UFC has to offer.

would UFC ever go to Strikeforces territory in SJ?