UFC LW title picture

Charles is the greatest champion that’s ever sat on the LW throne. UFC knows it. He’s gotta be making $2-3m a fight in the last 2.

It was disclosed he made around a million for the Chandler fight and I’m not even sure they had PPV points.

I could see Oliveira getting the money for business with Conor.
There’s no money to be made off of Islam yet in comparison to Conor, Chandler, Gaethje, Poirier, Volkonowski and Holloway

4 Likes

Sub Paul Felder level fighter

This begs the question just how good is......... | Sherdog Forums | UFC,  MMA & Boxing Discussion

He beat Chandler to win the title, defended it against Gaetje and then lost it. Wow! What a run.

1 Like

Ali Bagov vs Rashid Magomedov is 7/22nd.
Primus vs Shabliy is 6/24.
2nd round of PFL regular season fights is tomorrow.

Bagov, Magomedov, Tiger Sarnovsky, Vartanyan, Raisov, Musayev would all be good to see get to compete in the UFC.

Ready for these UFC summer fights to get rolling here.
Cowboy vs Lauzon
Kutateladze vs Ismagulov
RDA vs Fiziev
Moises vs Giagos
Tsarukyan vs Gamrot
Klose vs Ferreira
Green vs Miller
Riddell vs Turner
Dober vs Alves
Solecki vs Silva Coelho
McKinney vs Gonzalez
Pimblett vs Leavitt

3 Likes

Chandler, Poirier and Gaethje. All finishes in combined time of 18 mins 43 seconds

combined record of opponents: 73-14

Chandler had only been finished 3 times
Poirier had only been finished 4 times
Gaethje had only been finished 3 times

All in their prime fighting years.

There has never been a better finisher or LW champ in the UFC than Charles Oliveira

5 Likes

Oliveira had lost the title by the time he fought Porier.

No, he won the title by beating Chandler, defended it against Poirier, then missed weight by .5 lbs (arguable) and was stripped but still beat prime Gaethje in 3 mins 20 seconds.

Oliveira is technically not the champ but still seen as the champ

4 Likes

Hoping Bellator does a LW GP next year. With their recent big signings I see they now have 20% of the top 100 ranked LWs. Only six are ranked in the top 50 and their champ is ranked 25 but still… with Patricky, Outlaw, Shabliy, Primus, Musayev, Barnaoui, Usman Nurmagomedov etc… a LW GP in 2023 would be great.

3 Likes

I agree that would be awesome. FYI Primus and Shabliy fight next week on the Mousasi card too

1 Like

This Saturday I got

Arman Tsarukyan
Thiago Moises

2 Likes

I cant get any more erect thinking about a UFC LW GP

4 Likes

2 Likes

Using your silly troll logic, that would make Makhachev a “sub Adriano Martins level fighter”:

tumblr_nvomsie9v41tugoyjo1_400

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Islam got finished once.

Charles got finished 7 times.

1 Like

And that changes exactly what about your silly troll logic?

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Charles is more likely to get finished as evidenced by the fact that he’s been finished 7X more than Islam.

I repeat: And that changes exactly what about your silly troll logic?

Again, applying your silly troll logic one could successfully argue if Charles is a ‘Sub Paul Felder level fighter’ then Islam is a 'sub Adriano Martins level fighter.

Bored Come On GIF by Make it Move

1 Like

Oliveira has proven to fold many times.

Islam has one time in his career which makes it look a lot more like a fluke.

Islam hasn’t fought 1/4 the talent Oliveira has.l through out his career.

Switch roles and Islam would have many losses 1 weight class down early in his career.
Prime Jim Miller at 20
Prime Cerrone at 21
Prime Frankie Edgar at 23
Holloway fight was a fluke - he would win that fight now

The Dagestani’s cherry pick very well. Thats the difference, Brazilian’s like RDA, Burns, Maia and Oliveira are willing to put it all on the line at anytime.

2 Likes

Cherrypick? lol you mean people are afraid to fight them.

We’ll see what your excuses are after Islam kicks Oliveira’s ass.

It will be a day of reckoning on the UG.