UFC LW title picture

Desperation post. Particularly because Dana just called for Gamrot and Dariush.

Islam and Charles is already next.

Max or Volk can fight the winner in this unlikely scenario. The UFC is not in the business of protecting Charles Oliveira.

Why won’t the UFC announce the fight then?

They announce fights all the time before the agreements are even signed, like Aljo vs DIllashaw.

I’ll tell you why, because Islam draws 0 eyeballs. Max or Volk vs Oliveira will be the highest grossing PPV event of the year.

you are desperate, Oliveira beats Islam easy via club and sub, you heard it here first.
Islam will be back to his goat farmer ways in no time.

1 Like

Looked flabby vs Dustin but with proper time to fill into the frame would prob do ok. Dustin had years to fill into it.

1 Like

Because it’s not until October 22nd and according to Oliveira’s coach he hasn’t signed yet.

I’m guessing they will move on without Charles and have Islam fight someone else for the vacant title if Charles doesn’t man up.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

Lol, I love how you’re acting like this favela sewer rat is a draw like Conor and the UFC is going to base their vacant LW title plans around him :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If he doesn’t show up on their schedule he’ll be replaced in seconds.

Your scenario is laughable dude.

1 Like

So you think if the UFC want Charles to fight Islam for the vacant title in October and he doesn’t sign they’re just going to wait on him and give him what he wants?

You are aware he’s not the champ, has no title and has zero leverage right?

I think the UFC wants to make the fight that will make them the most money
the 155 title maybe vacant but that doesnt mean Charles hasnt headlined 3 successful PPVs in a row

Dana is wait to see what Volk does
face it
Islam is riding in the back seat now

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Dana just said he wants Gamrot to fight Dariush, which is strongly indicating that Islam will be fighting Oliveira next (sources have said they’re targeting Oct 22 in Abu Dhabi, which is a big money market). Oliveira has been a so/so draw with other bigger names than himself on the cards he’s headlined. This Max and Volk challenging for a second title thing seems more like yeah, that could happen down the road but they haven’t even fought yet. They would be more likely to fight the winner of Islam and Oliveira if not even further down the road.

Thats fair

1 Like

yeah probably this

1 Like

Looks like UFC is calling for the fight in Abu Dhabi but Charles is going to have to be dragged there kicking and screaming :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

i’d feel the same way. only reason khabib made weight vs justin was because they were in abu dabi

3 Likes

100%
This makes sure Islam has to make weight, and less bias judging

2 Likes

That’s a conspiracy.

The bottom line here is Khabib and Islam offered to fight Charles in Brazil already but the UFC are the ones who want Abu Dhabi.

If Charles thinks he’s going to dictate where the fight takes place he’s absolutely delusional.

Sweet
NYC card is usually in November
I can wait a couple more weeks

The UFCs glamour division needs to have their title fight in the states in front of a raucous crowd
not a bunch of sober dudes wearing blankets with a table cloth on their head

2 Likes

They are probably reasonably sure Islam the sizable betting favourite is going to win and want the fight to take place in this expanding new market instead of treading over old ground. Not to mention oil shieks will be paying them a pretty penny to host an event with the heir to Khabib.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that Khabib WANTED Islam to fight Charles in enemy territory.

The Abu Dhabi call is obviously the UFC.