UFC LW title picture

How do u know they aren’t getting lit in underground tail gate parties in the desert before?

The 3 judges were Ben Cartlidge, Vito Paolillo and Darryl Random

Oliviera quoted these judges as being biased towards Muslims? The names don’t sound very Abu Dhabian lol.

<36>

tagir-ulanbekov-allan-nascimento-ufc-267-scorecard.jpg

I’m guessing Gamrot vs. Dariush would be on the same card as Charles vs. Islam. Usually the UFC schedules the matches close to have a back-up in case a main eventer gets injured.

1 Like

Is Dariush the most over achieving fighter in the UFC?

1 Like

Probably. The UFC does this to bring attention to new contenders.

Gamrot will beat the shit out of Dariush.

Wow Dariush won the no-gi worlds as a brown belt?

In MMA, he just looks so blue collar and wins on toughness. Am I off base about this?

2 Likes

Beneil is a savage, but so is Gamrot. That would be such a gritty dog fight.

Dariush has the better submission game, high caliber opponents and more career subs.
But Gamrot has an iron chin and very high level cardio, would be a great fight.

That, and the UFC tries not to announce big fights immediately before another big fight they’re trying to sell you. They’re focused on this weekend’s PPV currently and don’t want to announce anything that could steal headlines from it.

Except EVERY MEDIA MEMBER scored the fight for Ulanbekov (legit, on mma decisions 13 of them all had the same 29-28 score, with the only person scoring for Charles’ teammate being from the albiladpress, whatever that is)…and the judges for the fight included Ben Cartlidge, who regularly does UFC, Bellator and Cage Warriors along with Daryl Ransom who also pretty regularly judges cage warriors, and has done a couple UFC’s on that side of the world.

There have been fucking zero bad judges decisions that have looked like a gift for the fighter from that region.

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind…Johnny Bones is likely to be back in the cage soon. We haven’t heard Dana say something like “Jones is ready to go” in a very long time. It’s not just Jones posting on twitter about it, Dana is talking about it, and saying it’s either Stipe or Francis. Jon’s from NY, it’s typically one of the biggest cards of the year…wouldn’t be shocking if Jones headlines the MSG card.

1 Like

Missed this post before I posted my response about the judges.

Jalin Turner is a problem

1 Like

He is now in a great spot, just got that big win and made it look easy, 5 fight win streak, lots of experience and only 27 years old. 6’3, thats a big LW. Just imagine what he walks around at compared to someone like Frankie when he was at LW.

Plus 5 finishes in the 1st or 2nd.

He might be fighting someone like Tsarukyan or Kutateladze next.

3 Likes

Gillespie, Gamrot, Tsarukyan and Fiziev were my picks in December for fighters ranked outside the top 8 who would really climb the ranks and win big fights in 2022… not going out on a limb with those picks but those were my picks.

Gamrot has done tremendous and the Tsarukyan fight was close. Lets see whats next for both fighters. Gillespie shit the bed here. The moment of truth has arrived for Fiziev, the man is 5-1 in the UFC and riding five wins with last three over Carneiro, Green and Riddel, if he can go out there and beat RDA…he should be in the next #1 contenders fight vs Dariush or Chandler. Possible he will need on more but lets see.

This site is great for seeing everyone’s recent fights and upcoming scheduled fights. Highlights how deep the division is too.

I know some fights just happened and there is a big one tonight but not a lot booked right now for the top 30 LWs at the moment. I’d say Oct-Dec will shape up though.

1 Like

Something Max lacks is reach, which isn’t often talked about. At 69", he’d probably have one of, if not the shortest reach at LW.

1 Like

I don’t see Max having near the success at LW that he has had at FW.

LW was the right move for Dustin and Charles but I don’t see it as the ticket to success for Max at all. Not the type of success he has enjoyed at FW.

2 Likes

I agree, the LW’s are too big, unless Max can pack on a lot of muscle. His striking is right there at the top, but people like Oliveira, Gamrot, Tsarukian, Islam etc. would handle him on the mat.

2 Likes

Max is one of my favorite fighters. I’ve seen every single fight of his in the UFC

I definitely don’t want him at LW. I remember when him and khabib were supposed to fight (I believe it was a last second thing) I was so fucking devastated cause I knew khabib was gonna do to him what he does to everyone; take him down and maul him to death

When he fought Dustin at 155 he just didn’t look right to me for some reason. I know he cuts a lot of weight to get to 145 but he really is better off there

All that being said though I think Max should take some time off before his next fight. Alexander mirked him

Then WTF do you do with him? Hope Volk leaves 145 forever, then can win the belt again and be talked about as the guy who has the belt now that Volk left?

I don’t think Max wins the belt at 155, but I don’t think it makes sense to leave him at 145 for rematches with guys he’s already beat. He fights like once or twice per year, and I think he should move to 155 and see how it goes. Even if he doesn’t win the belt, there’s nothing left for him at 145, and I don’t think anyone gets excited about a title reign for him at 145 after Volk moves to 155.

1 Like