UFC LW title picture

If Volk leaves 145 and vacates the belt then yeah just stay there and become champ again lol

If not then just fight at 155 and see how it goes. Or try to land the “money fight” that everyone seems to want and get his rematch with Conor once he comes back

Honestly that’s what makes most sense to me. Conor still needs time to heal and get ready for his return. Max needs time off after than brutal beating he endured. It doesn’t even have to be at LW since Conor is huge now (pause) and max cuts a lot of weight himself so they could do a catchweight at 160 or 165

1 Like

Biggest win of his career right there for Fiziev. Riding a 6 fight win streak, if he were to fight and beat someone in the top 5 next then a #1 contender’s fight could happen for him. Gamrot is right there in that type of position as well but we got to see what happens next with Makhachev’s title fight and Dariush’s return.

Don’t know whats next for RDA but I bet he fights again wit year.

Missed the Johnson fight but heard it was great. Might have to watch it today.

2 Likes

Now we got only two guys in the top 25 booked at the moment with #16 Ferreira booked vs Klose and #24 Dober booked vs Alves. Going by the rankingmma site and looking at upcoming fights. I’ll check back at the end of the summer and I’m sure a lot of good stuff will be booked.

The Johnson fight was great. You missed a banger. I had Johnson winning rounds 1 and 3 though I thought he got robbed but it was close

2 Likes

I’m on board with this

3 Likes

I don’t see how Gaethje beats Fiziev or Gamrot

1 Like

In the top 15 I’d like to see

Charles vs Islam
Dariush vs Gamrot
Fiziev vs Gaethje
Tsarukyan vs Gillespie
Dustin vs Chandler
Turner vs RDA
Ismagulov vs Hooker

Hope Gaethje is willing to fight an up and comer now. And Dustin vs Chandler is a good fight, hope it gets booked so we can move past it. Time has come (arguably already passed) to let the new guys in the top ten get their shots at the main stays like those three. Charles-Islam is the only fight that should be in discussion for the title. Didn’t mention Tony…want him to rest up and fight a grappler later on at some point. Too much damage absorbed, and that punt to the chin was the exclamation point on that

3 Likes

It’s time for UFC to feed all the ageing rank squatters to the young lions.

Gladiator Thumbs Down GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

FINALLY!!!

7 Likes

whatta fight !

Todays odds

2 Likes

This is perfect honestly

1 Like

The UFC listened to this post.

Charles’ head is now on the chopping block.

Islam collecting scalps.

Its pretty amazing when you have a champ on an 11 fight win streak who just ran through guys like Lee, Tony, Chandler, Poirier and Gaethje yet he is still somehow a -2.5 to 1 dog vs a challenger. Just what those odds say about the challenger is incredible.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s insane. Charles has every reason to be the favorite he’s far more proven at this point in his career than Islam is

But Islam is Khabib 2.0. Or as Jack would say he’s Walmart Khabib lol

1 Like

At this point, Islam is statistically the least hit LW in UFC history in terms of LW’s who have had at least five UFC fights.

His takedown completion rate is insanely high as well.

Islam is not Khabib and certainly not “Walmart” Khabib, not in my mind. He can be a very fast starter at times. Look at his KO of Tibau and recent subs of Hooker and Green… he can get after it.

Stylistically, Oliveira and Makhachev are two of my favorite fighters in the sport and I’ve wanted to see them fight for years now. Don’t care who wins but very much looking forward to the fight and hope its FOTY with lots of grappling.

1 Like

These are the current UFC LWs with five or more wins in a row at the moment.
Oliveira 11
Makhachev 10
Dariush 7
Fiziev 6
Dawson 6 (plus one Draw)
Ismagulov 5
Turner 5
Puelles 5

You think Islam is going to beat down Charles don’t you?

Should be a fun fight, but those odds are fucking crazy. Islam has the potential to be amazing, but Charles has looked like an all time great since Khabib left. He’s finishing everyone. Islam might win, but this could be one of those fights we look back on and say “wow, the oddsmakers were way off here and it was so obvious…how did we not see it?”

2 Likes

Islam is to going to make the odds seem fair. Oliveira is going to get ridden like a horse man.