UFC needs to market Maia as the new Royce Gracie

I think Maia needs a title shot but UFC needs to market him 

Not enough twitter and Facebook friends to get a title shot, that's how the UFC works now. So they won't spend money on Maia.

They have their chance, upcoming, when he fights Masividal. The loser will be billed as a choker, or not up to par. The winner will get boosted, loser will have recent finishes, forgotten. I think it's a trap fight for both, tbh. Wish they didn't have to fight now.

Its a terrible match up for both guys which is a rare fuck up for the ufc. It feels like they don't want either one near the title so might as well let em take each other out, if maia wins he loses title shot, is masvidal wins they feed him to another monster and say he's not ready for title shot and hope he loses.

youre exactly right, market him as the new royce gracie, the jiu jitsu champion that can beat everyone without throwing a punch. The ufc is a promotion that doesn't know how to promote for shit. 

Casual fans give zero fucks about jiu jitsu.  And that casual fan is 50% or more of all viewership. Never gonna happen

royce was only populsr because it was NEW. 

There have been many great bjj pracs since

The difference between Maia and the other Bjj guys is the fact he's only been hit like 20 times total in his last 5 fights now that's impressive 

R1WARRIOR - 

Not enough twitter and Facebook friends to get a title shot, that's how the UFC works now. So they won't spend money on Maia.

Maia is lazy on social media. The UFC can only go so far for the athletes.

Maia is not marketable, because he chooses not to be.

He is the 1 fighter I think would do well if they went back to no weight classes and no rules ,no time limit.

Masvidal better have a damn good sprawl. I know that he has trained some at ATT and has probably rolled with Conan and Monson, but for Maia, he needs to get in some time with Liborio.

Meia can dominate anyone at 170.

I think the op's on to something. Have the Gracie train lead him into the ring. Have him choke out a lion at Barnum's circus [before they close]. Give out some gi's to fans.

Why, the Macgregor fangays will all just be lining up saying Conor will knock his block off and who the fook is that guy

Maia is the shit