UFC Not Coming Back to Columbus in 2010

...that's the report on MMA Junkie.If this is true it sucks.I loved going to the Arnold's,NAGA,the expo,amateur fights,and the UFC fight all in one place in one weekend.The whole weekend is something to be experienced to understand how awesome it is.Last year alone I meet and got to hang with some of the best fighters in the word.The fan interaction is amazing.Even if you just wanted to get autographs and pictures its unreal.One of my friends is a teacher and I told Tito I was getting a signed picture of him so she would get cool points with her middle schoolers.He signed like 20 pictures and I finally had to tell him it was enough.I have so many stories like that about the fighters at this event.It will suck to see it go.

I've gone the past 3 years, it is pretty amazing and the amount of people is unreal, sometimes the expo/naga gets alittle too crowded for my liking but its still fun. I remember watching the no-gi comp and having someone push me out of the way only to see its Jeff Monson trying to get the mats to compete lol, then bump into gabe gonzaga standing around watching the matches. Seems odd they would not go back I'd think they make a nice profit with all those extra people in town for arnolds.

Looks like the WEC may be taking that spot, though. 

i still think the Ohio State Athletic Commission's plan to do the double weigh-ins at the last WEC event that got cancelled is major factor.

i'm also willing to bet that zuffa is trying to send Ohio a message by not bringing a UFC event there next year and willing to let it's "little sister" promotion, the WEC go there as a test to see if the commission is still gonna do double weigh-ins.

Once again....please bring UFC back to New Jersey. It's not like we have MSG in NYC to take the train too. We spent a lot of money out here UFC, make it happen. Just give us a better main event than Evans vs. Bisping next time.

Ohio is just the first of many to make day of weigh-ins mandatory. The weight cutting days are over. If the UFC doesn't want the $$$ from the Arnolds, that's their loss, but it will have no effect on the commission. (IMO)And eventually all states that have Collegiate wrestling (where you can't cut, and have to weigh the same year round within 2 lbs) that requires specific gravity urine tests at the initial weigh-in. This is the best turn for the sport. And Dana is just fighting it. After all, it would only take a fighter at weight to get injured (in anyway) in a bout with an op who is 20lbs heavier and sues the State Athletic Commission for allowing it. The whole point of it is safety and CYA

Maybe the arnolds will be a little less crowded this year.

Hoosier Fight Cl - Ohio is just the first of many to make day of weigh-ins mandatory. The weight cutting days are over. If the UFC doesn't want the $$$ from the Arnolds, that's their loss, but it will have no effect on the commission. (IMO)And eventually all states that have Collegiate wrestling (where you can't cut, and have to weigh the same year round within 2 lbs) that requires specific gravity urine tests at the initial weigh-in. This is the best turn for the sport. And Dana is just fighting it. After all, it would only take a fighter at weight to get injured (in anyway) in a bout with an op who is 20lbs heavier and sues the State Athletic Commission for allowing it. The whole point of it is safety and CYA

Have a list of those 'many'? because i think you're wrong, and it's incredibly stupid to demand same day weigh-ins. Having weigh ins the day before the fight wasn't done for the fun of it. it was done because fighters came in cut and couldn't rehydrate correctly before the fight.

advocating same day weigh ins also means you advocate putting fighters in the ring dangerously unheatlhy. it's not rocket science, it was done to protect the fighters. clearly they cut, regardless of whether same day or not

The Ohio commission is the new California commission.

I'm very disappointed in this news hopefully the WEC card is stacked.

that is what they are trying to do....

Was at all three, with last year being in the frontrow. If they don't bring it back to Ohio, I don't see myself ever seeing another one live. Also cause the tickets seem to be a lil steeper in vegas. Won't have an effect on the Arnolds though, that's an event that only gets larger every year.

It was ridiculously large last year. I honestly wouldn't mind the UFC not being there. Maybe moving through the convention center would be a bit easier this year.

I'd miss it, its always a great weekend!

That would suck but the weigh in same day thing sucks more. WTF are they thinking. I'm glad Dana is keeping out of Ohio if they are trying to do that.

Yay for weigh-ins on the same day. They should weigh them after the fight too.

should we start weighing them in between rounds also? That will really stop all the shenanigans. I've heard GSP is almost a HW by the third round. That shit aint fair.

Aleck911 - should we start weighing them in between rounds also? That will really stop all the shenanigans. I've heard GSP is almost a HW by the third round. That shit aint fair.

You're an idiot.

You seriously want to have the fighters weighed after the fight and I'm the idiot? You must be an ironing moran.

"Hoosier Fight Cl - Ohio is just the first of many to make day of weigh-ins mandatory. The weight cutting days are over. If the UFC doesn't want the $$$ from the Arnolds, that's their loss, but it will have no effect on the commission. (IMO)And eventually all states that have Collegiate wrestling (where you can't cut, and have to weigh the same year round within 2 lbs) that requires specific gravity urine tests at the initial weigh-in. This is the best turn for the sport. And Dana is just fighting it. After all, it would only take a fighter at weight to get injured (in anyway) in a bout with an op who is 20lbs heavier and sues the State Athletic Commission for allowing it. The whole point of it is safety and CYA"

i'm not saying i like OR dislike the same-day weigh-in rule being utilized. i don't think professional organizations like the UFC want anything to do with it. they want minimal restrictions from the various athletic commissions and be able to put on the best fights they possibly can.

i'm just saying the promoters and fighters need to know ahead of time whether this rule is in place for health reasons of course. to show up expecting to have to cut 15lbs to weigh-in and then be told that said 15lbs has to stay off for the same day of the fight and NOT knowing about it ahead of time is definitely not productive for fighters, promoters, commissions or the fans who get exhausted fighters in the cage. especially when it is not the standard in MMA as of right now.

a surprise plan implentation of the rule at the last WEC has to have the UFC head-honchos scatching their heads and made them re-evaluate their Ohio plans.

imagine scheduling GSP there (who walks around at 187 according to him and the gets back to close his normal weight before his fight) and expect him to actually fight at the stated weight class of 170. he'd look like shit in the ring and most other fighters would too.

fans don't get what they want - exciting fights, cause the fighters have no energy.

the UFC doesn't get what they want - an exciting card for the fans to supply them with money.

the Commission doesn't get what they want - dollars on a return visit cause the last UFC show had so much negative factors involved.