UFC Not Coming Back to Columbus in 2010

dicks

This is some shitty news, hope its BS!  Love going to the Arnolds and watching Rogans comedy the night before the Fights! 

boooo!

It simply means fighters will have to fight at their actual weight classes and not one or two down. It's either this or specific gravity urinalyses at weigh-ins to ensure the fighter is hydrated. I don't understand all the crying.... Does it destroy your entire world to fight the same size fighter? Or do you just like the idea of washing out of one weightclass and cutting to another?
If no one is allowed to cut, then the playing field is even and more importantly "known" We had a fighter cutting 50 lbs and won a title at 155 and hospitalized himself on his next attempt to cut, which was for his title defense. This will be the new norm, so get used to not cutting.

Plus not cutting= more cardio/stamina and a better overall performance. So the fights would only get better ;)

Agreed^

Looks like WEC is heading to Columbus in 2010 instead:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16261/dana-white-confirms-wec-is-heading-to-columbus-for-2010-arnold-sports-festival.mma

Boxing used to have same day weigh ins but they stopped ebcause of the health concerns. Now, most want to go back to the same day weigh ins because of the drastic weight spreads. You have super middleweights fighting at welterweight! Allowing fighters to enter the ring with one having a 20 pound weight advantage is dangerous and deafeats the point of weight classes to begin with.

Id say weigh the fighters the day before and one hour before fight time and if they dont make weight at either one, they can never fight at that weight class again.

Aleck911 - You seriously want to have the fighters weighed after the fight and I'm the idiot? You must be an ironing moran.

What's ironing moran? Do you mean moron, like yourself?

No I don't seriously want fighters weighed after the fights. But before the fights is good, keep people fighting at their natural weight.

dom dom dom - 
Aleck911 - You seriously want to have the fighters weighed after the fight and I'm the idiot? You must be an ironing moran.

What's ironing moran? Do you mean moron, like yourself?

No I don't seriously want fighters weighed after the fights. But before the fights is good, keep people fighting at their natural weight.

No dumb dumb dumb, I do not mean moron I meant what I typed. So you weren't serious about weighing fighters after the fight I assume then that your post was you trying to be sarcastic. My post right after yours was much more obvious that it was sarcasm. Yet you call me an idiot. So go fuck yourself you bolivian fool.

Every state that has college wrestling will be following suit, to keep from getting sued. Plain and simple, many will cry, but the end result will be the same. Why do you think Silva and Franklin are fighting their actual weight-classes now??? They are getting used to the new norm. And your answer is to call me a douche, very intelligent response and great way to validate your opinion.

penxv - They had mma shows at the Arnold's before the UFC came and I'm sure they'll have it after they leave.

Yes they did.  Unfortunately, those shows generated next to nothing in income for the state athletic commission.  Losing the UFC will definitely put a crimp in their annual revenue. 

penxv - It's kind of nice to see them leave.

WTF?

Hoosier Fight Cl - Every state that has college wrestling will be following suit, to keep from getting sued. Plain and simple, many will cry, but the end result will be the same. Why do you think Silva and Franklin are fighting their actual weight-classes now??? They are getting used to the new norm. And your answer is to call me a douche, very intelligent response and great way to validate your opinion.

You douche!

Hoosier Fight Cl - It simply means fighters will have to fight at their actual weight classes and not one or two down.

LOL

You realize this means that the UFC could not ever hold a title fight in Ohio again.  Sure, they could put GSP or Brock on the card, but neither of those guys would be able to defend their belt because they couldn't make the weight.  The only way they could have a title fight is if they stripped everyone of their belts and had them fight in new weightclasses.

Do you honestly think the UFC is willing to do that just to make Ohio happy?

Hoosier Fight Cl - eventually all states that have Collegiate wrestling

Why are you applying a wrestling standard to a sport that involves punching/kicking/kneeing people in the head?  MMA is not wrestling.  The risk of concussive brain trauma is completely different in the two sports.

The Kangaroo - Id say weigh the fighters the day before and one hour before fight time and if they dont make weight at either one, they can never fight at that weight class again.

LOL

Good luck with the riots that break out when the fans who paid to see a guy like GSP or Lyoto find out the main event is cancelled after the show has already started.  Will the state athletic commission be refunding their money?

Steve4192 - 
The Kangaroo - Id say weigh the fighters the day before and one hour before fight time and if they dont make weight at either one, they can never fight at that weight class again.

LOL

Good luck with the riots that break out when the fans who paid to see a guy like GSP or Lyoto find out the main event is cancelled after the show has already started.  Will the state athletic commission be refunding their money?

Shit happens. I was at the UFC where Kevin Randleman slipped on a pipe, hit his head, and had to be withdrawn from the card. They announced it over halfway through the card. That was the main event and a fairly hyped fight for those days. (Against Pedro Rizzo)

Guess what, no riots.

In regards to weight, if a fighter is cutting so much weight that he would miss the cut in the first place, he deserves all the ridicule he would receive from fans. They also should be prohibited from fighting at that weight class ever again.

Fighters can and usually do agree to a catch weight bout. Just affects the money and suspensions. The answer is fighting at your "in fighting shape" weight and then there are no worries ;) After your fight camp your at weight and should easily be within two lbs of it for a couple of weeks. But not if your cutting 20 or more lbs just for weigh-ins. That will soon be a thing of the past.
Safety and CYA first! I like the weight class suspension idea, let'm fight and then they can never fight that light again. That would be enough. And I think we should just start doing the gravity urinalysis and be done with the rest. If you weigh-in dehydrated, then you get banned from that weight class. Would that be a better solution?