UFC Offers Rockhold A Fight With Mousasi

205 is a fucking mess, let him go up there and bang bro. 

FrontBroRian - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
EckY -

Why the fuck does he think he deserves a title shot or an interim belt, he got KOd in the first round of his first title defence and has sat on the sidelines since whilst everyone else has been fighting.

I'd say he's done more in the MW division than GSP has. If you're bitching that Luke doesn't deserve even an interim shot, I can't imagine the outcry from you two that GSP is holding up the division for a year and getting the legit title shot.

Slow Clap

Romero vs Whittaker for the interim belt makes the most sense to me. Have rockhold vs mousasi as the co main.

EckY - 
zackthewop -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
EckY -

Why the fuck does he think he deserves a title shot or an interim belt, he got KOd in the first round of his first title defence and has sat on the sidelines since whilst everyone else has been fighting.

He never said he deserves either of those. He wants a fight that makes him next in line after romero.

He said because mousasis last fight ended in controversy he feels it wont move him in front of whittaker so he would rather fight whittaker.

Why should get get a shot with one win?  He hadn't fought since getting smashed ages ago, he should need at least two wins at this point it's not like he's some huge star or the division is lacking in challengers.

Hendo got a shot after getting smashed by Vitor and beating only Lombard.

GSP's getting a shot after never winning a fight in his life at 185.

Yet you don't think that Luke, the former champ and legit top 5 MW, should be able to get a shot after beating another legit top 5 guy? When his last 3 wins are a finish over Weidman, finish over Lyoto, and finish over the current champ? Luke is 5-1 in his last 6 with 5 finishes.

WoodenPupa - Luke is going to Iaquinta his prime years away waiting for what he thinks he deserves.

Except Al just fought...

does the anorexic chic in the front page make anyone else wonder wtf shes doing?

When Luke won the belt I really tried to like the guy as a champion. Every time he opens his mouth and whines about shit, it solidifies why I'm not sad to see him out of the picture.

He’s a good fighter but his opinion that he’s entitled to something is tiresome. If he’s going to question every fight opportunity put in front of him then I hope the UFC retires him. This idea that every fight has to be a step up is narcissistic. He lost in spectacular fashion. He should be willing to fight anyone he’s offered simply to prove that he belongs among those in contention. If that’s not good enough for him then someone should sit him down and explain that he lost the belt so it’s time to let the ego go as well.

TXExpat - 

When Luke won the belt I really tried to like the guy as a champion. Every time he opens his mouth and whines about shit, it solidifies why I'm not sad to see him out of the picture.

He’s a good fighter but his opinion that he’s entitled to something is tiresome. If he’s going to question every fight opportunity put in front of him then I hope the UFC retires him. This idea that every fight has to be a step up is narcissistic. He lost in spectacular fashion. He should be willing to fight anyone he’s offered simply to prove that he belongs among those in contention. If that’s not good enough for him then someone should sit him down and explain that he lost the belt so it’s time to let the ego go as well.

I don't particularly like him either, but winning a fight and moving towards a title is narcissistic? Why do you think these guys are fighting?

By that theory the Yankees wanting to win a baseball game and get closer to the World Series is narcissistic. Or the Vikings wanting to win to get closer to the Super Bowl is narcissistic.

These are professional athletes wanting to be the best. Of course they want to work towards a final goal.

Non N00B - 

he wont fight DC tho

NHBDaddy - 
Non N00B - 

he wont fight DC tho

DC won't be champ after his next fight

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
EckY -

I'm not going to steal any more of their PPVs until they fix this mess. That'll learn them

ufc98newb -
EckY -

he doesn't deserve one, but he deserves a path to it. What is happening in the mw division is total bullshit.

This exactly.  

GSP jumping the line pissed the MW division off.  GSP wanting to fight in the Fall put the entire division on ice.  Rockhold isn't stupid, I don't think he expects a title fight after a decisive loss like he sustained - he just wants to fight the best guy that gets him to the front of the line for a title shot.  I personally think he should have to win 2 fights against top ranked guys to get that shot again.  

1.  Bisping vs GSP

2. Champ vs Yoel

3. Champ vs (Whitaker or Rockhold or Mous - whoever wins out)

Love rockhold as a fighter, fuck him for his stance.

First, baby after Bisping KO'D him. Second, fuck this, I'll be a model. Third, I'll fight, but not till belt. Screw all of that.

He should grow some cubes. Moose is a legit opponent for anyone.

UFC should sit him.

ShanTheMan - Let him and Anderson fight, fuck it. No interim but winner gets winner of yoel vs bisping or whatever. Guys sitting out their primes sucks.

He tried to fight Anderson instead of Gastelum and Anderson ducked. 

Everyone is sitting. Rockhold just lost, held himself like a whiney bastard in an unfair post fight interview. Bitched after that fact, decided modeling was his way. Now, ?9-10 months later, title shot or nothing?

I'm w ufc on this one. Fight Mousasi, go from there. Bisping (not a big fan) has a fight. Should they just cancel for Rockhold? Nope. He just lost. Rock should just go fight, or model.

FrontBroRian -
TXExpat - 

I don't particularly like him either, but winning a fight and moving towards a title is narcissistic? Why do you think these guys are fighting?

By that theory the Yankees wanting to win a baseball game and get closer to the World Series is narcissistic. Or the Vikings wanting to win to get closer to the Super Bowl is narcissistic.

These are professional athletes wanting to be the best. Of course they want to work towards a final goal.

No. Bitching about not wanting to fight unless it's a higher rank that puts him up for a title shot is narcissistic. 

To correct your analogy for accuracy it'd be like the Yankees saying they're not going to play against anyone outside their division because they don't believe those wins mean anything. A win is a win in baseball and in the UFC you don't always get fights with guys ranked above you. One of the two fighters is always fighting down. Bisping handed his ass to him. He should be happy that they're trying to get him in with Mousasi, not bitching about how he wants his shot at the belt. 

I get it. He's pissed because the UFC has a love affair with boutique fights but they’re in the entertainment business (emphasis on the word business). Of course they’re going to make all kinds of allowances to make the fights that will sell big numbers. They’d be stupid not to. Bisping and GSP will be a huge draw. Rockhold isn’t that big of a needle mover so why would they risk that for him? Why would Bisping risk it for him? People bitch about McGregor and how he writes his own ticket but he sells shows. If Rockhold drew Conor numbers, he’d be getting the same treatment; since he doesn’t he’s going to get the fights that make sense for the UFC, not for him.

NHBDaddy -
Non N00B - 

he wont fight DC tho

Yeah but DC can win a fight and go to heavyweight, or he loses and it's a non factor, but not everybody has to fight for a belt right away anyway