UFC officially cancels Dublin event

Ireland is currently under the revised Phase 3 of eased lockdown restrictions, which allow 50 people to gather indoors from 29 June; rising to 100 by July 20. Given the current uncertainty and ever-evolving rules worldwide, the UFC canceled an event scheduled for the  3Arena in Dublin on August 15.

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1275715285924958211

That date will now see UFC 252: Miocic vs. Cormier 3 at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Good. Our health is more important than sporting events right now. 

3 Likes

What sucks to me is that we will likely never see Conor fight in front of that raucus hometown crowd at an Irish event ever again. If had he not retired, it was highly unlikely to happen. That's the shitty downside to having a guy make it big in this sport, where the really big money fights have to be in Vegas.

JOB -

Is communist Ireland still telling people where they can go and what they can do? 

1 Like
20sideways -
JOB -

Is communist Ireland still telling people where they can go and what they can do? 

LOL. 

How are things in the Divided States of America? 

Talking shit about Ireland while you clowns implode is cute.

5 Likes
JOB -

Not good. If you can’t see what this “virus” is at this point then you may doomed 

1 Like
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
20sideways -
JOB -

LOL. 

How are things in the Divided States of America? 

Talking shit about Ireland while you clowns implode is cute.

I'm Irish, and I'm so glad I left a country where the cops can pull you over, demand to know where you're coming from or going to with out any reason for doing so. Government overreach and control is almost communist there and I never even realized until I left! 

2 Likes
20sideways - 
JOB -

But apparently the virus can go into hiding long enough for the victim olympians to cry that they’re oppressed [despite being given free homes and welfare for life and other tax funded benefits that they have not paid into and never will pay into]

20sideways -
JOB -

Thats a whole lot of idiocy in one sentence. Congrats.

1 Like
20sideways -
JOB -

Yeah, here in communist Ireland we listen to our medical experts because we value life, especially they elderly and medically vulnerable. How's oligarchical America doing? Let's ask today's news headlines. 

Coronavirus: US seeing ‘disturbing surge’ in COVID-19 cases, warns top White House expert”.

"The US breaks its national record for the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a single day"

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

While our cases are almost non-existent at this point, America is still seeing a surge in cases because you hold political rallies in the middle of a pandemic. 

So yeah, come at me again you fucking retard and I'll send you back to school. 

1 Like

Public safety is a good enough reason to cancel nobody wants to get sick and pass this virus around just because of a sporting event.

McGregor has enough clout that if he really wanted he could still have a final fight in Dublin next year and retire.

1 Like
JOB - 
20sideways -
JOB -

Yeah, here in communist Ireland we listen to our medical experts because we value life, especially they elderly and medically vulnerable. How's oligarchical America doing? Let's ask today's news headlines. 

Coronavirus: US seeing ‘disturbing surge’ in COVID-19 cases, warns top White House expert”.

"The US breaks its national record for the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a single day"

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

While our cases are almost non-existent at this point, America is still seeing a surge in cases because you hold political rallies in the middle of a pandemic. 

I hate to break the news but numbers matter Ireland has 4mil people and the US has 324mil low balling it and way more testing...of course numbers will be higher in the country you clown. 

1 Like
JOB - 
20sideways -
JOB -

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

USA Deaths per million 372.34

Ireland Deaths per million 355.62 

These were pulled from Statista website...please do lecture us on your amazing knowledge of the numbers though. 

Steven S -
JOB - 
20sideways -
JOB -

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

These were pulled from Statista website...please do lecture us on your amazing knowledge of the numbers though. 

I'll be happy to educate you.

![](upload://7lwZDj65C8ol0L8KswH7EbEEZT.png)

Our new cases are and have been falling for some time now. The US's new cases are still high, because you have morons like your president organising political rallies in the middle of a pandemic. 

We acted responsibility to the crisis and the huge drop off in both cases and deaths is evident of that. You fucking morons have 124 thousand people who have died, and you're still crying at the concept of wearing a mask to stop the spread of the virus. 

Shut the fuck up. 

JOB - 
Steven S -
JOB - 
20sideways -
JOB -

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Our new cases are and have been falling for some time now. The US's new cases are still high, because you have morons like your president organising political rallies in the middle of a pandemic. 

We acted responsibility to the crisis and the huge drop off in both cases and deaths is evident of that. You fucking morons have 124 thousand people who have died, and you're still crying at the concept of wearing a mask to stop the spread of the virus. 

Shut the fuck up. 

That does not change the fact that your country is not far off fro mthe numbers of the "oh so dumb" country you are calling the US. More testing equals more positives you still don't understand that. It also shows that more had it and the mortality rate of it is lower than origianlly thought. It also has better treatment wtih a more widespread sharing of how different regions are treating it to come together with the best possible treatment. Also a small island compared to a massive land locked country with others around it make a difference. Sorry you fail to understand how these things work. 

1 Like
Steven S -
JOB - 
Steven S -
JOB - 
20sideways -
JOB -

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Shut the fuck up. 

That does not change the fact that your country is not far off fro mthe numbers of the "oh so dumb" country you are calling the US. More testing equals more positives you still don't understand that. It also shows that more had it and the mortality rate of it is lower than origianlly thought. It also has better treatment wtih a more widespread sharing of how different regions are treating it to come together with the best possible treatment. Also a small island compared to a massive land locked country with others around it make a difference. Sorry you fail to understand how these things work. 

The only numbers that matter are the ones I posted. We reacted to the severity of the virus and our new cases have dropped substantially. Yours haven't. And we both have similar testing figures, so that has nothing to do with it. 

We don’t have politicians here organising political rallies. We don’t have huge numbers of people claiming its a hoax. We don’t have huge numbers of people bitching that they had to reign it in for a few weeks to stop the spread of the virus. You bitched, cried and moaned because you had to be inconvenienced for a few weeks to save lives. 

We had 5 new cases yesterday. You had 38386. That is the second highest number of new cases since this pandemic began. It shows that you are not making sufficient efforts to combat this virus. Your government’s response to it has been atrocious. 

So you can say whatever you want, but Ireland responded to the crisis and our new cases are almost at zero. And you can make excuses about your geographical location, but your neighbour Canada is seeing a sizable reduction in new cases. So go back to making excuses and burying your head in the sand. 

Nobody is burying their heads in the sand you are saying your country is so far better off yet per capita is not much different.. Testing numbers for your country as well is "As of Midnight June 22nd 404,989 tests in the country" 

The US testing as of today is 30,110,061.

So the US has tested more people than your country has total by 7 times. Of course numbers increase as that happens. Also the anti body positives are counted in the US numbers now so once again that is added to the new cases even though those people were probably asymptomatic and recovered without even realising they had it. Keep speaking of statistics you don't know how to use though. 

1 Like
Steven S -

Nobody is burying their heads in the sand you are saying your country is so far better off yet per capita is not much different.. Testing numbers for your country as well is "As of Midnight June 22nd 404,989 tests in the country" 

The US testing as of today is 30,110,061.

So the US has tested more people than your country has total by 7 times. Of course numbers increase as that happens. Also the anti body positives are counted in the US numbers now so once again that is added to the new cases even though those people were probably asymptomatic and recovered without even realising they had it. Keep speaking of statistics you don't know how to use though. 

Per 1 million people, the US has tested 91k - Ireland has tested 83k. We are testing at a very similar ratio. I don't think you understand how per capita metrics operate. 

Ireland has reduced its number of daily cases to 5 as per yesterday. The US had over 38,000 new cases yesterday. You don't seem to be grasping this part. Our figures are and have been going in the right direction for 2 months now while your figures are still at an all-time high. 

So our actions to combat covid have worked. Your inaction hasn't worked. Our government acted responsibly, yours hasn't. 

1 Like

That's my birthday, and I moved to the UK recently. It was perfect for me, damnit. 

JOB -
20sideways -
JOB -

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

what you talking about, Trump says no big deal and nothing to worry about, it's all under control, do you not watch the news? lol

1 Like