UFC officially cancels Dublin event

Did this thread really turn into a political debate? 

1 Like
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
20sideways -
JOB -

Good. Our health is more important than sporting events right now. 

Is communist Ireland still telling people where they can go and what they can do? 

LOL. 

How are things in the Divided States of America? 

Talking shit about Ireland while you clowns implode is cute.

Don’t believe everything you see on the news?  America is fine.  The “riots” are in very rare ghetto areas.  It’s vastly overblown by the media just like Covid.

hey why do the Irish people speak English? 

knockoutfighter -
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
20sideways -
JOB -

Is communist Ireland still telling people where they can go and what they can do? 

LOL. 

Don’t believe everything you see on the news?  America is fine.  The “riots” are in very rare ghetto areas.  It’s vastly overblown by the media just like Covid.

Is féidir linn Gaelainn a labhairt chomh maith ach ní bheifeá in ann é a thuiscint.

We speak English for a number of reasons. The Irish famine hit the Irish speaking regions harder than any other region in Ireland. Prior to that the language had taken a hit because it was banned in schools and English was seen more and more of the working language of the world. Up until the late 1700's or early 1800's, it was the majority spoken language here. 

![](upload://lWd3QUvTxAJnWYPf05uwCSuJIey.jpeg)

Many of us are bilingual like me and still speak Irish. But English is the day-to-day language for everywhere here except for the Irish speaking regions which you can see in the 2000 map above ^ 

1 Like
JOB -
knockoutfighter -
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
20sideways -
JOB -

LOL. 

Is féidir linn Gaelainn a labhairt chomh maith ach ní bheifeá in ann é a thuiscint.

We speak English for a number of reasons. The Irish famine hit the Irish speaking regions harder than any other region in Ireland. Prior to that the language had taken a hit because it was banned in schools and English was seen more and more of the working language of the world. Up until the late 1700's or early 1800's, it was the majority spoken language here. 

![](upload://lWd3QUvTxAJnWYPf05uwCSuJIey.jpeg)

Many of us are bilingual like me and still speak Irish. But English is the day-to-day language for everywhere here except for the Irish speaking regions which you can see in the 2000 map above ^ 

I’m just poking the bear ;-) 

^^but I appreciate the info 

No worries ;)