UFC on ESPN 19 results & discussion

UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori (or UFC on ESPN 19 or UFC Vegas 16) took place Saturday, December 5th from the UFC Apex Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Main Card (Live on ESPN 2/ ESPN+, 10:00 PM EST)

-Marvin Vettori defeated Jack Hermansson by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-45)

-Jamahal Hill defeated Ovince Saint Preux by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 3:37)

-Gabriel Benitez defeated Justin Jaynes by TKO (Knee/Punches, Round 1, 4:06)

-Roman Dolidze defeated John Allan by Split Decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)

-Jordan Leavitt defeated Matt Wiman by KO (Slam, Round 1, 0:22)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN 2 / ESPN+, 7:00 PM EST)

-Louis Smolka defeated Jose Quinonez by TKO (Punches, Round 2, 2:15)

-Ilia Topuria defeated Damon Jackson by KO (Punches, Round 1, 2:38)

-Jake Collier defeated Gian Villante by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Not a great card. Hopefully it turns out better than it looks on paper. 

1 Like

UFC feels like its running on empty these days

6 Likes

Anybody know if these times are correct?

1 Like

Here we go again.

Yeah, not a lot of star power on this card, so it's a big bowl of meh if you need to know who all the fighters are to give a crap. Suit yourself.

But: In 7 of the 11 matchups both fighters have finished at least 70% of their wins; 3 fights have one fighter who finishes at least 70%; and only one involves 2 guys who don't mind going to the scorecards.

So: Just Bleed Index is well above average for this card. If you're looking for fun violence, this card has the potential to deliver.

Shocker: Both chicks on the card have finished more than 70% of their pro fights.

Potential bonus winners in these matchups between very high-percentage finishers:

• Roman Dolidze vs. John Allan Arte (only 2 decisions in 25 combined fights)
  • Jimmy Flick vs. Cody Durden (only 5 decisions in 34 combined fights)
  • Ilia Topuria vs. Damon Jackson (only 2 decisions in 31 combined fights)

6 Likes

Looked on espn fight times are correct

1 Like

WHY NO LANDO

Universally -

Here we go again.

Yeah, not a lot of star power on this card, so it's a big bowl of meh if you need to know who all the fighters are to give a crap. Suit yourself.

But: In 7 of the 11 matchups both fighters have finished at least 70% of their wins; 3 fights have one fighter who finishes at least 70%; and only one involves 2 guys who don't mind going to the scorecards.

So: Just Bleed Index is well above average for this card. If you're looking for fun violence, this card has the potential to deliver.

Shocker: Both chicks on the card have finished more than 70% of their pro fights.

Potential bonus winners in these matchups between very high-percentage finishers:

Hahaha “just bleed index” I like that. Someone should throw together an actual like statistical way to determine that “just bleed index” for every low star power card

Universally -

Here we go again.

Aaaaaaand a VU for you sir

Universally -

Here we go again.

Here we go again. Some dipshit promoting the lowest common denominator, blood, as a compelling reason to watch the UFC.

Star power is not the biggest aspect I'm disappointed with. The generic fighting that is coming to dominate is really losing my attention. For that reason, I've been enjoying the influx of Russian fighters.

Lately I've been enjoying all the overseas MMA events just because their fighters are coming from different backgrounds and I'm seeing some cool stuff going on. And I don't know any of those guys, so it's not a star power issue.

I've really come to appreciate these lacklustre cards, especially at this time of year. I have something to do if I'm hanging around the house, yet I don't feel obligated to ditch my wife on her Saturday night plans every week because there are fights I don't want to miss. With that said, I was pretty clear with her this morning that she can go ahead and plan her own Netflix selection tonight, as I'll be in the shack watching fights..... forty bucks on Hermansson parlayed with the Vikings tomorrow. 

Not to mention, and more importantly.... the Errol Spence Jr vs Danny Garcia fight tonight. Hell, it's almost time to get out and do my beer run!

Montana De La Rosa vs. Taila Santos has been scrapped. another covid +

Neat fight on the card is Matt Wiman vs. Jordan Leavitt

Time to stop bitching let's try and enjoy this

knappster -

Did the Landwehr fight get srapped too?

I don't see it at tapology. They have a nine fight card posted and are by far the most trusted source in MMA cards on the web.

UFC Fight Night Quick Card

You guys dont forget Spence vs Garcia tonight on the other channel

BJ Penn Forever -
knappster -

Did the Landwehr fight get srapped too?

I don't see it at tapology. They have a nine fight card posted and are by far the most trusted source in MMA cards on the web.

UFC Fight Night Quick Card

and Jimmy Flick vs. Durden

currently an 8 fight card tonight. 3 fights scrapped

ShanTheMan -

You guys dont forget Spence vs Garcia tonight on the other channel

Ya my man.... notd it in my post above. Super excited for that fight tonight.