UFC on ESPN+ 30 performance bonuses

UFC on ESPN+ 30, also known as UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2, UFC Fight Night 172, and UFC FIigth Island 2 was held on July 19 at the Flash Forum on Fight Island, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

In addition to being paid a fixed amount to show and another, usually equal amount to win, each UFC event also awards four $50,000 Performance Bonuses. Usually, there is a Fight of the Night in which both fighters are given a performance bonus, and a performance bonus to the winner in two fights. "Performance Bonus" means the fight made you go "HOLY F@$%ING $#!@."

One of the primary differences between the UFC model and the boxing model is the depth of the card. Sometimes in MMA the greatest fight isn't the main event, or close to it. However, in a highly unusual moment, at UFC on ESPN+ 30 all four of the bonuses went to the main card.

$50,000 Fight of the Night
Rafael Fiziev defeated Marc Diakiese by Unanimous Decsion (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

$50,000 Fight of the Night

Deiveson Figueiredo defeated Joseph Benavidez by Technical Submission (RNC, Round 1, 4:48)

$50,000 Performances of the Night

Ariane Lipski defeated Luana Carolina by Submission (Kneebar, Round 1, 1:28)

In addition, to the bonuses and purses, fighters earn:

•Reebok pay, based on tenure, for wearing the distinctive apparel during fight week and in the Octagon;

•Sometimes fighters get discretionary “locker room” bonuses of varying amounts; despite their name, locker room bonuses actually come in the mail now;

•In some cases there is an LOA [Letter of Agreement] on the contract for additional income; and,

•The most elite fighters get points on the pay per view for PPV events.

The next league event is UFC on ESPN 14, also known as UFC on ESPN: Whittaker vs. Till and UFC Fight Island 3, will be held on July 26, at the Flash Forum on ‘Fight Island’, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Lots of good fights tonight

i think Fiziev could have got one too

He did 

Uhh I think these are incorrect, other sites have Fiziev vs Diakiese as fight of the night and no bonus for Hermansson

edit: main post was corrected so nvm. Still says “fight of the night” twice tho

bootysweat -

Uhh I think these are incorrect, other sites have Fiziev vs Diakiese as fight of the night and no bonus for Hermansson

I hope thats the case. Fiziev was amazing with his matrix moves against a quality opponent. Best fight with no finish i can remember.

One reason why these extra bonus checks should be reserved for the non main event fighters. $50 grand to Dustin Poirier or Daniel Cormier would be nice sure, but to fighters like Lipski or Fiziev, it means EVERYTHING! Lipski was almost in tears post fight as she almost begged for the bonus.