UFC on Fox Pulls 3.4 million viewers...

overnights are in... 3.4 million viewers with a 1.6 in the 18-48 demo.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/12/09/tv-ratings-saturday-ufc-beats-up-american-giving-awards-the-borrowers-frosty-the-snowman-specials/160894/

this will likely be adjusted up by mid week but it doesnt look like it will beat UFC on fox 2 which is dissapointing. 

Fox messed up big time the first year of the deal by alienating the fanbase with burying the UFC on friday nights and on fuel... the one fight 60 second card and the all wrestling 2nd fox card didnt help as well.

The numbers are a definite improvement from the last outing but the december fight cards will always be the highest rated shows of the year because of the promotional push during the NFL.

Damm that's all they pulled with a card that stacked. Phone Post

I still think 3.4 million is not bad.......

What were the other 3 cards for viewers?

Last night was better than the majority of PPV's. FACT.

Pancake Syrup - What were the other 3 cards for viewers?

the last 2 were around 2.5m.  the rashad/davis fight was 4.6m.  the first one was 5.6m.

Good numbers. Guess this means the UFC won't fold after.

:) Phone Post

Doesnt include west coast live showing or the 10-10:30pm slot which was the main event.

Event will end up doing what I figured, will average out to around 4 mill, maybe more and peak probably close to 6.

If it doesnt hit the 4 mill average thats a failure but I think it def will.

You arent getting 6 mill average and 9 mill peaks unless you put GSp or Silva on the card, Jones and HW title would also get you bigger ratings but you need one of the big 4 divs to get ratings like that.

This whole Fox deal has been one big cock up from the start. If they'd aired Henderson/Guida, they would have had the Griffin/Bonnar moment that they wanted. They put the already stale TUF on Friday nights, and moved the bulk of their programming to a fourth tier cable channel. Don't tell me how much Fuel's ratings have improved. Barely anybody was watching it before, and barely anybody is watching it now.

And LOL @ Dana launching into profanity laced tirades in response to the slightest criticism of their string of bad business decisions. Does anybody still think that these guys are geniuses when it comes to promoting the fight game?

JOB - Last night was better than the majority of PPV's. FACT.

Yeah it was a great card and the fight turned out good.

I really hope the UFC on fox works out.

I love the way FOX presents the whole event.

MMALOGIC - 

the last 2 were around 2.5m.  the rashad/davis fight was 4.6m.  the first one was 5.6m.

Those were the final numbers not the overnights right? I know the 5.7 for Cain/JDS was the final number cause the overnight was in the 4.5 range.

So you need to see what the final numbers are before you can really compare them, its obviously up from the last two but probably wont top Fox 2.

Regardless i don't think the FOX deal will end up being what Dana and the gang wanted it to be

I think it's pretty safe to say that if the final numbers are over 4 million then it was a success.  

However, I just know that we're gonna hear Dana say "This was a home run for Fox. We fucking killed it.  Number 1 in our timeslot for 18-34 male demos..." blah blah blah.

You can tell how nervous he is about Fox by how insanely sensitive he is to the slightest criticism about ratings.

I didn't see one commercial for the fight ahead of time.

Chris27 - 
MMALOGIC - 

Those were the final numbers not the overnights right? I know the 5.7 for Cain/JDS was the final number cause the overnight was in the 4.5 range.

So you need to see what the final numbers are before you can really compare them, its obviously up from the last two but probably wont top Fox 2.

yeah, those were aprox the finals.  you're right the numbers will surely be adjusted up.  but the overnights on ufc on fox 2 werent that low if im not mistaken.

it could end up being a 4 million average.

Pancake Syrup - Regardless i don't think the FOX deal will end up being what Dana and the gang wanted it to be

we'll know in 2 years...  because they are finally doing things right (tuf on a better nights, moving off of fuel and into fs1 which is in 80 million homes, etc...)

but they did burn out a significant amount of what zuffa worked hard to build on spike.

Ornoku - I didn't see one commercial for the fight ahead of time.

helps if you watch Fox or FX. They had commercials during the NFL.

forrestfan - 
Ornoku - I didn't see one commercial for the fight ahead of time.

helps if you watch Fox or FX. They had commercials during the NFL.

Last Sunday they promoted that event every single commercial break during the NFL, the announcers were doing drops during the game etc. I saw more promo for this event than I've ever seen for any UFC on tv on any network. But you have to watch Fox to see the promotion, you arent gonna see it on CBS or MTV, you have to watch Fox.

Ornoku - I didn't see one commercial for the fight ahead of time.

Then you weren't watching Fox.. They advertised heavy for atleast 4 weeks Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 
Pancake Syrup - Regardless i don't think the FOX deal will end up being what Dana and the gang wanted it to be

we'll know in 2 years...  because they are finally doing things right (tuf on a better nights, moving off of fuel and into fs1 which is in 80 million homes, etc...)

but they did burn out a significant amount of what zuffa worked hard to build on spike.

has anybody come out and said this is how it was going down? my thought was that fx stuff would go to fs1, but fuel would still basically be UFCTV