UFC only on espn ?

Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Smirk -

The older fans need to learn how to work email first before they figure out ESPN+

I'm wondering if these old guys just don't understand technology. I've seen an alarming number of comments where people have no idea what streaming to the TV is or how to do it.

I never missed an event from '99 until the fightpass era. The only PPV in that time frame I didn't buy was one where Rashad was a main event in a non-title fight. Ended up watching the fights after the fact online the next morning. 

Enter this multi-platform BS of Facebook+Fightpass+Fuel+FS+Whatever... It got really fucking annoying. Once my "streak" was broke, it became easier and easier to miss fights. It WAS an addiction, then became a habbit, and is now moving into an after thought. 

I have transitioned into only watching the big shows (or the main card portion) of events. I was still buying PPV's though. If it's a fight I WANT to see, I have no problem payng for the convenience of ordering it with my remote and watching in full HD. The moment I was forced to hook ANY device up to my TV for a lower quality stream, it is just as easy to stream it from other sources in the same if not better quality. The same as I would a boxing event with only one fight worth watching.

It is what it is. The great thing about being post Zuffa is the quality and reliability of sources to those streams has gone up. 

You are over complicating things significantly.

$13.50 a month (one lunch at a restaurant) gets you ESPN+ and DAZN. UFC, Bellator, and most the big boxing fights.

You literally stick one device into your TV and it works like your phone apps crystal clear HD.

It is actually really simple, and cheap for the amount of content if you love fighting. Sure we wish everything is free. But it isn't.

You can buy a few PPV's and stream the others. Or steal everything. Up to you.

TexDeuce - 
Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Smirk -

The older fans need to learn how to work email first before they figure out ESPN+

I'm wondering if these old guys just don't understand technology. I've seen an alarming number of comments where people have no idea what streaming to the TV is or how to do it.

I never missed an event from '99 until the fightpass era. The only PPV in that time frame I didn't buy was one where Rashad was a main event in a non-title fight. Ended up watching the fights after the fact online the next morning. 

Enter this multi-platform BS of Facebook+Fightpass+Fuel+FS+Whatever... It got really fucking annoying. Once my "streak" was broke, it became easier and easier to miss fights. It WAS an addiction, then became a habbit, and is now moving into an after thought. 

I have transitioned into only watching the big shows (or the main card portion) of events. I was still buying PPV's though. If it's a fight I WANT to see, I have no problem payng for the convenience of ordering it with my remote and watching in full HD. The moment I was forced to hook ANY device up to my TV for a lower quality stream, it is just as easy to stream it from other sources in the same if not better quality. The same as I would a boxing event with only one fight worth watching.

It is what it is. The great thing about being post Zuffa is the quality and reliability of sources to those streams has gone up. 

$13.50 a month (one lunch at a restaurant) gets you ESPN+ and DAZN. UFC, Bellator, and most the big boxing fights.

You literally stick one device into your TV and it works like your phone apps crystal clear HD.

It is actually really simple, and cheap for the amount of content if you love fighting. Sure we wish everything is free. But it isn't.

No... it WAS simple. When I could watch prelims on Spike and then PPV on Dish. THAT was simple. Any room in the house and I was good to go. Whether I wanted to watch in my bedroom, living room, rec room, etc. 

You say stick one device into my TV? Exactly. So I now need a device for EACH TV unless I want to physically unplug and move a firestick or buy one for each TV. Also, for whatever reason, the ESPN+ APP doesn't show up as available on my bedroom TV, living room TV, or kitchen. The only one that has it as an option is my rec room TV. Also, often times I'm running late coming home... under the old way, it was easy and convenient for me to grab the remote and start it from the beginning in my DVR and then skip commercials and such as they pop up until I am caught up with live TV. I doubt it's as easy as that these days. 

It's not the price of "one lunch at a restraunt" that is the problem. As I said in another thread already, I carried a Dish subscription JUST FOR the access to MMA and PPV. I canceled that already because it won't be used now. THis move will be saving me quite a bit of money. It wasn't about the cost for me... it was about the convenience. I am not into watching shit on a tiny screen, and if I am streaming ANY device to my TV, the other means are simply easier and more convenient to me.

I've paid for the WWE network for several years now despite it only being used occasionally. I have Amazon Prime and don't watch it at all. I also have Netflix and Hulu which DO get used often. The difference? Every single one of those is avilable in ever room in my house without any other accounts, switching between shit, or extra devices and remotes other than the one that came with the TV. 

I don’t like espn as a company. However, my problem with this is the platform. ESPN plus sucks. It’s the only thing I have trouble streaming and it’s not a true HD picture. I canceled espn plus and fightpass and I guess I’m just done with watching the ufc. Like others, if there is something I can’t miss I’ll go to a bar. I imagine that won’t happen often.

Fuck DAZN/ESPN+. I’ll continue to order VHS copies of events from BBSes as I always have.

ESPN + deal has killed it for me...I would watch the majority of the UFC fights on Fox/Spike/etc and once in awhile order a PPV...Now with having to subscribe to ESPN + and ‘stream’ everything (I fail at tech stuff/can’t even figure out how to download and app on my phone)...Goodbye UFC!!!  I will watch the highlights after on Youtube/Reditt/etc.   UFC/ESPN YOU FUCKED IT UP FOR OLD SCHOOL FANS!!!!

TexDeuce - 
Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Smirk -

this

Lurker99 - 
TexDeuce - 
Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Smirk -

No... it WAS simple. When I could watch prelims on Spike and then PPV on Dish. THAT was simple. Any room in the house and I was good to go. Whether I wanted to watch in my bedroom, living room, rec room, etc. 

You say stick one device into my TV? Exactly. So I now need a device for EACH TV unless I want to physically unplug and move a firestick or buy one for each TV. Also, for whatever reason, the ESPN+ APP doesn't show up as available on my bedroom TV, living room TV, or kitchen. The only one that has it as an option is my rec room TV. Also, often times I'm running late coming home... under the old way, it was easy and convenient for me to grab the remote and start it from the beginning in my DVR and then skip commercials and such as they pop up until I am caught up with live TV. I doubt it's as easy as that these days. 

It's not the price of "one lunch at a restraunt" that is the problem. As I said in another thread already, I carried a Dish subscription JUST FOR the access to MMA and PPV. I canceled that already because it won't be used now. THis move will be saving me quite a bit of money. It wasn't about the cost for me... it was about the convenience. I am not into watching shit on a tiny screen, and if I am streaming ANY device to my TV, the other means are simply easier and more convenient to me.

I've paid for the WWE network for several years now despite it only being used occasionally. I have Amazon Prime and don't watch it at all. I also have Netflix and Hulu which DO get used often. The difference? Every single one of those is avilable in ever room in my house without any other accounts, switching between shit, or extra devices and remotes other than the one that came with the TV. 

ur fuckin up bu not watching amazon prime movies

some good shit on there and many of the movies on prime for free are available for rent on sling and netflix

u should check it out

jman - Aside from Askren fights (I will go to a bar to watch that because I can't order a PPV now without ESPN+) I'm out.

Been a fan since 1994 but fuck paying for ESPN+ just so I can pay again for a PPV.

Bellator has the door WIDE open to take over if they can find a way to do it.

Wait, you have to have ESPN+ to order a PPV?

Torrents still work

Target_the_Gash -

The funny thing is they are only doing this to us US fans, the ones that have been here since the beginning, the ones that have given them truckloads of cash over the last 25 years. all of this shit is a giant 'fuck you' to US fans. Still to this very day they are milking us for every single penny they can hoover out of your pocket while most of the rest of their markets don't have to deal with any of this shit. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like being singled out to be shit on..

Oh boohoo what a wet towel you are. Are they taking your money or are you giving it to them?

There have been fans before you and many non-us as well. And guess what...I can't even get espn+ over here

Espn+ seems like a great app. I’ve already used it for other sporting events to watch on my phone while on the go. I stream it from my PlayStation 4 on the tv and the picture is great. 

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

tbi0904 -

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

I disagree. It’s literally the only streaming service I have problems with. I test my download speed all the time and it’s routinely between 90-120 mbps. 

Thrill Hammer - 
jman - Aside from Askren fights (I will go to a bar to watch that because I can't order a PPV now without ESPN+) I'm out.

Been a fan since 1994 but fuck paying for ESPN+ just so I can pay again for a PPV.

Bellator has the door WIDE open to take over if they can find a way to do it.

Wait, you have to have ESPN+ to order a PPV?

Yes I believe so.

They lowered PPVs from $64.95 to $59.95.

ESPN+ costs $4.99/month.

Therefore ESPN+ is free if compared to the previous cost of PPVs.

Also, they're doing a deal for new ESPN+ subscribers where you get a year of ESPN+ and one PPV for $79.99.

Hate to sound like a shill, but quit your whining...unless you can't get high speed internet. In that case you're getting screwed.

I can’t imagine how many people will think they can order the next few ppv’s on their tv and then just say fuck it when they can’t. No way this adds any new customers. At best they won’t lose more than 20-30% of the normal buys. 

So for five bucks a month I now have the opportunity to pay sixty bucks for some watered down ppv? What a deal

Can't believe you guys pay so much for your sports in America 

Mr Spliff -

So for five bucks a month I now have the opportunity to pay sixty bucks for some watered down ppv? What a deal

Lol