UFC pays more than Pride.

If anyone still doubted it, they can stop now. Take a look at this:

"...Back in December, DSE CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara took part in an interview that was published in the Japanese magazine Kami Pro. In the interview, Sakakibara was unusually candid and acknowledged the UFC's large control of the American MMA market. "The UFC is getting 600,000 Pay-Per-View buys. We cannot catch up with the UFC at this rate. If we can't get a share of the U.S. market, we won't be able to keep the best fighters." Sakakibara also admitted that their debut in the American market was late and should have been made at the beginning of 2006. "We held Pride 32 in Las Vegas back in October but it was too late...10 months too late."

Despite their setbacks, DSE will continue its journey into the growing American MMA market. "Among sports today, MMA is the only sport where the best fighters come to compete in Japan. But the situation is changing now. If Pride wants to keep its number one status, we have to make the move to the U.S."

"Pride fighters love the organization," added Sakakibara. "However, when other promotions offer 30%-40% more money, it's possible that fighters may leave. We do our best to stay competitive..."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3214&zoneid=2

Yeah, Gryphon dropped this science about a week and a half ago.

But good to get some further proof.

"Yeah, Gryphon dropped this science about a week and a half ago."

Well, some of us have known (or at least suspected) this for a long time, but it's nice to know that Sakakibara has publicly admitted it. Now, I'm waiting for a response from the fleet of nut-hugging Pride trolls that have infested this forum. I can't wait to see what kind of spin they'll put on this.

Is he talking about all fighters or just CroCop? If it's all fighters this is
interesting, as we've all been led to believe by the Japanophiles that even
undercard PRIDE fighters haul Chack money...

LOL @ people acting like they won something because one promotion is doing better than another.

"...Pride fighters love the organization," added Sakakibara. "However, when other promotions offer 30%-40% more money, it's possible that fighters may leave."

He 's obviously talking about more than just one fighter.

"LOL @ people acting like they won something because one promotion is doing better than another."

It's just nice to see the best organization performing the best.

TG: Didn't mean to come across like a dick. Just there were many doubting Gryphon's word.

It's just nice to see the best organization performing the best.

^ Damn the whole 9 inches, do you swallow also?

Looks like TG's in the running for head cheerleader again.

The economics of the sport have completely changed over the last two years. Even more specifically the UFC's last 5-7 PPV's have given Zuffa a financial boom and cushion to allow them to change their bidding practices. Therefore, people who claimed that Pride paid considerably more up until recently were more than likely correct. Crocop is the first real fighter to jump to UFC for the sole reason of better pay. And like Sakikibara said, that more of the same should be expected unless Pride can get some of the US market.

"Now, I'm waiting for a response from the fleet of nut-hugging Pride trolls that have infested this forum. I can't wait to see what kind of spin they'll put on this."

Do you realize that you come off exactly the same as these "forum infestations" only with the opposite perspecitive?

It's nice to see MMA doing well in North America. Hopefully the sport will continue with healthy competition from more than just the Big 3 companies.

it sounds like he fully expects more of his fighters to jump to the ufc at thier first opportunity.the ufc could get lil nog whenever they want to due to pride giving him the shaft for so long.

"Now, I'm waiting for a response from the fleet of nut-hugging Pride trolls that have infested this forum."

It's so good to not have to hear the crap from those douches anymore, or at least when they do go on a rant, you can chuckle to yourself... Yes Johnny Blaze I'm thinking of u!

This has been true for a LONG time!! I don't like people knowing what the fighters make and they don't like it either. We pay them what they are contracted to fight for and do a LOT more for them. :)

tito,chuck,k.shamrock,randy all made over a mil for 1 fight.

none of pride top guys earn that.i dont consider yoshida and ogawa top guys

that cant really be dana....right???

"that cant really be dana....right???"

If I remember rightly, it is him yeah!

That is Dana.

What's up, Dana? Enjoyed talking to you on the phone the other day in your room.

"other promotions offer 30%-40% more money" - Sakakibara

good job dana...keep up the good work.

and yes i want to be a fucking fighter

Are you kidding me? Dana White randomly posts? Huge lurker imo :)