ufc ppv buys suck again!

its been reported that the ppv buys for the last show where well under 100,000. (more like 75) what will it take? the wwe gets pissed when their ppv's do 250,00 buys! thats their worst shows! the big ones always do over 1/2 a million buys!!!! pro wrestling is over 5 times as popular as ufc? and prides best shows dont do as much as ufc's!

Well, I can tell you that in the last year, I have personally recruited over 15 new viewers.

sux

i wonder how many people on here watched it but didn't pay for it

pay up fuckers!!!!! keep hope alive!!!!!!!

Ive purchased almost all of the UFCs.

Maybe the rlease of DVD's to mainstream retailers will help get more fans. I know i vist started watching the UFC on VHS back in the day.

Not a big shock. The last couple of UFC's have been terrible. I've been buying UFC since my cable co. hooked up with Indemand several years ago, but after those last shows with awful ref calls, no rules for "No contest" and most imprtantly, UFC DOESN'T SHOW ALL THE FIGHTS!!

I'll save my cash for Pride and other shows that will actually show me the fights I pay for.

"Maybe the rlease of DVD's to mainstream retailers will help get more fans. I know i vist started watching the UFC on VHS back in the day. "

Same here. I saw the PPV advertising but back then couldnt order them. My first "live" UFC was probably UFC 15 in a sports bar. All others before hand I had seen first by renting the tapes at a local video rental. That'S when I became a fan - and developped the need to tape them!

Stealing PPV is a lame excuse- people do it for every event, not just the UFC.

The UFC has lagging PPV sales for many reasons. Their marketing sucks- wasting money on Carmen Electra and Lisa Dergen, focusing on people like Baroni and Tito, etc, etc.

They have a great product, they just do not know how to make it appealing to the masses.

The video stores around here have a few of the first UFCs,that's it. They show no interest in buying more,let alone trying to keep up with buying all of the new ones. Sad to say. If the dvds were in Best Buy and other places for 15.00-20.00 each,people might be willing to give some of them a chance. No newbie will pay more than that,and frankly I'm not going to pay more than that either,for an event I'll watch a couple, maybe a few times, then it will just be added to one of my dusty stacks of videos/dvds that are too large already, and that I rarely, if ever, watch any more. It's a small niche sport in the US and that isn't going to change any time soon,face reality folks. It's growing slowly,but our hopes and aspirations for the sport are a LONG way off.

I believe that the answer remains free tv

free tv will help somewhat. We have to keep the new fans interested though.

Not to discredit anyone but it is far too early to get an accurate count of PPV buys. I'm not sure who reported this.

Exactly, too early to get an accurate count.

Biggest names on PPV...from MMA...who would that be? The average person probably couldn't name a single MMA fighter. Most normal people I meet have never even heard of Royce Gracie! Give me a break.

I paid for it...and I would be interested in seeing what the actual numbers are.

Where are you getting those buy rates?

If UFC 46 got 75,000 buys they would be quite happy considering the results from UFC 45.

I tried to order the PPV for UFC 46 after I got back from the show and the replay times were quite limited.

I paid for mine.

"i wonder how many people on here watched it but didn't pay for it"

well...a lot of customers are unhappy with the product. I know that i have voiced my concerns but I didn't get any reply or feedback. Poor customer service on Zuffas part. I will be watching the next UFC but I will not be paying for it until Zuffa gets it act together and offer a product that is worth buying.