ufc ppv buys suck again!

"Not to discredit anyone but it is far too early to get an accurate count of PPV buys. I'm not sure who reported this."

Agreed. And I believe the pay per view numbers are released only to UFC reps, so until there is word from a reliable source within Zuffa, I would hold off on taking this too seriously.

all i know is mandalay was PACKED

in a few weeks you will see i am/was correct

If you think ppv buys sucked this time, wait till the next one. Judging by the mood of the forum after the last UFC, lots of us ain't paying for it again.

I buy the PPVs and the DVDs to support the sport. Until they get a TV show, it's going to be very difficult to increase the buys.

I paid!

Seg's last few shows were only doing about 10-15k buys. Zuffa's first few shows were only doing about 20k buys. For them to be doing 60-75k buys now is pretty good compared to where they were. When they did 140k buys with Tito/Ken they got a lot of advertising on tv the month prior to the ppv with best damn sports show, jimmy kimmel, around the horn, etc.

Zuffa is doing an excellent job overall and has kept the UFC alive through some very tough times. Remember when we couldn't even see it on PPV for a few years??? Everybody seems to forget that, not to mention getting it sanctioned. Bigger and better things are coming for the UFC-we need to back them instead of constantly bitching. yes, I want to see the prelims too, but I think that Dana has heard us on this one and will show them next time. Even without them, I still loved the last show and almost all of the others.

Weak product and no advertizing is the reason. If nobody knows about it how can they buy it? Most average people on the street think it's been banned sicne it went off cable. Not jsut off cable but I mena totaly banned. I've had soo many arguments with people telling me that the UFC is illegal and they haven't had an event in 6 years etc... They don't believe me when I tell them I was just at an event the month before.

To make it popular again is to bring back to the old days when the only rules were no biting and eye gouging and anything else goes.

ttt

"This only proves that Americans prefer the make believe world of pro wrestling over real fighting. "

This guy is biggest dumbass on the forum .

I paid for mine, and always do...but they're sliding fast. The production quality was so amateurish, it reminded me of KOTC. And they didn't show the prelims because (as Dana said), the production crew made a mistake?? wtf?? what a lame, BS excuse.

Pass the buck all you want, but the mistakes are 100% the responsibility of Zuffa.

Zuffa should be focusing on retaining the hardcore fans, and expanding off them. Instead of trying to recruit and curtail to random dumb rednecks that watch it once and then tell everyone and their mother that the UFC sucks.

There's no point until the public is educated on ACTUAL real world fight technique.

It will always be this way if people's perceptions of it are as a 'niche combat sport' with techniques that only work for guys that like getting close to other guys.

Sad but true.

I don't even know how to steal ppv.

75,000 would be an improvement on recent shows. Not that that's saying much.

Once in awhile offer a FREE tv card to get fans hooked.
At least show part of a card for free to bring more fans in.
Nobody's going to pay that much to watch MMA unless they're already hooked, and nobody new is going to get hooked unless they've seen MMA.
That's called "Catch-22" and a little freebe is the only way to break the cycle.

I can see why MMA is a niche sport but what about NASCAR? Cars go round and round a circuit. NASCAR is really taking off and I don't get it. I can understand the American passion and fixation with automobiles but to me, MMA is far potentially more exciting than NASCAR.

ttt