UFC PPV - Order of Fights?

Anyone know the exact order of fights on the PPV?

It makes me crazy not knowing which fight is coming up while watching the show. MMA has enough surprises without being blind to which bout is next.

This order would be okay:

1st Wes Sims vs Mike Kyle

2nd Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz

3rd Cabbage Correira vs Andrei Arlovski

4th Yves Edwards vs Hermes Franca

Final - Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell

with hopefully a prelim or two inbetween.

No clue. Wish I knew.

NO Hermes vs Yves first!

That would be fine by me. This is the one thing the MMA news sites miss, right now posting the PPV order would be a coup. Josh at Ufighting posts it sometimes, but it doesnt appear he will for this event.

Franca/Edwards seems like the best way to start off the PPV.

Ditch Kyle/Sims, throw in Sudo/Brown and then have Lawler/Diaz, the HWs and Tito/Chuck as the main event. If there's time left over, hopefully they'll show us the Kyle/Sims (guaranteed fireworks) fight and maybe another.

Courtesy of MMAWeekly:

PRELIMS:
1) Wade Shipp vs. Jonathan Wiezorek
2) Genki Sudo vs. Mike Brown
3) Chris Lytle vs. Tiki Ghosn

MAIN CARD:
4) Robbie Lawler vs. Nick Diaz
5) Wes Sims vs. Mike Kyle
6) Wes "Cabbage" Correira vs. Andrei Arlovski

SWING BOUT, TIME PERMITTING
7) Yves Edwards vs. Hermes Franca

MAIN EVENT:
Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell

Thank you!

Damned swing bouts....I have a chunk o' change on Edwards as the underdog, now Ill be pacing

So, if I read this right, they are planning on airing 4 three round fights, and just throwing in a fifth if time permits? WTF are they going to do with the rest of the time?

Im sure we will get to see it...for a second I was unsure where the swing bout would take place on the card, but I now assume it will be right before Tito which is exactly what I wanted to begin with.

I like the lineup, should build to a crescendo.

the UFC should just set up the bouts and not care about the time and just let evey fight be telivized , if it runs over time then thats ok , they make there $$$$ so we should be able to see all fights..

HOW CAN THEY PUT HERMES vs Yves on a swing!?!?!

THATS CRAZY!

Hermes has done 3 GREAT fights for them, all 3 not on the main card and would have stolen the show if they were.

Yves is a very exciting fighter aswell and by all means does his best to produce action.

WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE MAIN CARD!???! not to mention that the winners gets to fight for the title

Yves Edwards on a swing bout? Yep, it's because of crap like that I'm not ordering the UFC this time. I'll be watching it, but there won't be any money coming out of my pocket to do so. I will wait an see if Zuffa has got their act together for this one, because the last 2 UFC's were a disaster for many reasons.

You know what.. There will be time for a 7th fight being that no fights are scheduled 5 rounds.

Yeah, Im not worried about them not showing the Yves-Hermes fight . I know it will air. Seems pretty clear there will be at least 6 unless the prelims somehow end up all being boring decisions.

Just got an email from Josh and it appears the Yves fight is not a "swing bout" after all. created another thread.

Date: 04/02/04 05:34 PM
370 Total Posts Ignore User

So, if I read this right, they are planning on airing 4 three round fights, and just throwing in a fifth if time permits? WTF are they going to do with the rest of the time?

have you ever watched a ufc befor?adds lots and lots of adds !!!!!!! or wiat maybe thay will show a shot of everyone at the fight instead of just the sami famouse people that show up?

"the UFC should just set up the bouts and not care about the time and just let evey fight be telivized , if it runs over time then thats ok , they make there $$$$ so we should be able to see all fights."

If it runs over it's NOT ok. Do you remember UFC 33? That event ran over and some viewers missed part of the main event.

... but if they ran the event properly, there would be plenty of time for all of them.

"have you ever watched a ufc befor?"

No, I haven't. This will be my first. I'm kind of nervous about the whole thing, to tell you the truth. So what you're telling me is that you think they will pull the same BS I see lots of people here complaining about. It's all clear now. Thanks.