MMA Underground Forums

UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

270k viewers for prelims, 539k viewers for fight night and 762k viewers for tuf debut.

These numbers are a disasterous.

In Phone Post

brahmabull81 - Well that fucking sucks. And honestly, ups to OP for doing the right thing and posting this even though it probably sucked to do so.

Why do you think this is? Just not big enough names on the card, or?

I would have to admit that the market isnt ready for 3 live events in a 7 day time span.  The numbers should be going up or at worst settling at around 800k.  The numbers going down is not a good sign.

Damn, exactly what I said.  LOL@ MMALOGIC and his 800,000 prediction.

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

It had no name value for casuals. Honestly the biggest name on there was Yushin Okami. Phone Post

I said it could go down, but still - ouch!

Cant keep shoveling mediocre shit and expect people to consume it.

I guess instead of trashing Viacom and Bellator, people should have used the ratings as a guage. Phone Post

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 

It had no name value for casuals. Honestly the biggest name on there was Yushin Okami. Phone Post

For casuals, you're probably right.

Although I was most excited about Benavidez

UFC is doomed.

Sell it now Dana! I'll buy it for a reasonable $100,000. :)

BrowneReemJob - Who was on the card that the casuals would want to tune in for?

I think those number for TUF will be the most this season. Phone Post 3.0
I'm guess Ryan Bader former TUF champ. Phone Post 3.0

Where are the paragraphs upon paragraphs from MMALOGIC talking about how bad this is?  You know, like he does for Bellator.

there were tons of marketing.  Fox bought ads all over the place for the tuf debut.  the tuf debut was dissapointing but wasnt a huge drop from last weeks card.  the prelims were also decent for a mid day wednesday when most are at work or in commute. 

The numbers for the main card were atrocious.

Last nights card wasn't the best. Watered down bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

Fightmaster/Bellator Finale Ratings

5 days ago
MMALOGIC Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

558k viewers

that doesnt look too shabby now. When, what people believe is 2nd rate feeder league, beats the mma leader that has been around for much longer.

This shouldn't be surprising for a glover headlined card at 5 on a Wednesday... I got home just in time for the okami fight. Can imagine a lot of potential viewers were lost to a commute, plus minimal advertising plus no huge names.

Not surprised at all. Phone Post 3.0

LOL

I believe the last Bellator on Wednesday night pulled similar or better numbers

I used to never miss an event. I was UGing last night and didn't even realize it was over until someone commented on how Bader was pissed that he was being overlooked and they posted "that was why he was overlooked." I was like WTF and went to the results page. Granted I had a busy day but I thought the weighins happened yesterday.

Television ratings are a joke.

A joke!!

Hikikomori - 

Cant keep shoveling mediocre shit and expect people to consume it.

I guess instead of trashing Viacom and Bellator, people should have used the ratings as a guage. Phone Post

Per my thread (which NO ONE posted in FFS LOL)"Troeng VS Natal was amazing. WTF knew what would happen next? Great fight IMO. Hallmann weathering the storm & getting the win was huge. Benavidez & Souza were great, and Glover fired off a great one two after taking some good shots that floored Darth.

Lots of fun last night! Good show UFC!"

Just like fight cards on FUEL it was a dandy, so that's NOT the issue. Next time watch the fights before you post!