MMA Underground Forums

UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

and this may get uglier for tuf moving forward.  good lord....  if tuf levels out at 500k that's going to be devastating for zuffa.

you cant sell ppv's and tickets if you're audience drops down to 500k for your free flagship products. 

epwar - 

Where are the paragraphs upon paragraphs from MMALOGIC talking about how bad this is?  You know, like he does for Bellator.

Probably sitting on a PR director's desk waiting on her to get time away from their big push on the newest line of dolls?

Have they released the GLOBO numbers? I'm not sure how the rating system works for Brazilian TV.

Oh - and for those of you who think MMALOGIC is a paid poster, is this post some strategic plan from above to help him regain credibility? Phone Post 3.0

Well fuck, when the event is over by the time I get home, it's impossible to get ratings.

Ya there was no marketing for this fight. I asked my friend who I usually watch most the UFCs with if he was going to catch the fight and he responded with "what fight?" Most people had no clue about it.

There was a card last night..?? No one around me had any idea it was on either... Phone Post 3.0

the fight night numbers are shit but the TUF numbers are the real concern.

That TUF season on FX would have done 1.5 mill or more like the Jones season did, they basically did half what they could have done on FX for TUF. 

lookoutawhale - 

Fightmaster/Bellator Finale Ratings

5 days ago

MMALOGIC Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

558k viewers

that doesnt look too shabby now. When, what people believe is 2nd rate feeder league, beats the mma leader that has been around for much longer.

Umm, are those ratings for the FightMaster show that moved to Thursday? If so you need to compare it to TUF which beat it by 200K+, and even with the move it only beat the fights by 19k.

Had that finale been on Wednesday, against Duck Dynasty it wouldn't even be close.

Nobody was aware of the live fight last night it really flew under the radar. The FS1 channel switch and all that had people confused too. It will all catch on. Phone Post

Those numbers would be considered terrible if on other more established networks. However, aren't these numbers some of the best for FS1 in its short time so far?

Chris27 -

That TUF season on FX would have done 1.5 mill or more like the Jones season did, they basically did half what they could have done on FX for TUF. 

I think you got a point. TUF on FX would have done better. Not everyone even knows about FS1 channel yet. Phone Post 3.0

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - It had nothing to do with a Wednesday night or anything, come on now you nooblets.

If it was a Saturday and the channel was established they would have done much better Phone Post 3.0
Wednesday is a great night for ratings Saturday night is a terrible night for TV ratings

Learn your shit bro. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah this shouldn't be all that surprising. The card was awful on paper and in reality.

RileyPust - 

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

It's not a crime to not be a hard core MMA fan.

BRZ - 
Chris27 -

I think you got a point. TUF on FX would have done better. Not everyone even knows about FS1 channel yet. Phone Post 3.0

Its def true, the fights on Weds on a new network you can spin that but you cant spin TUF.  Jones/Sonnen on Tues on FX did 1.5 debut and 1.2/1.3 mill average for the season.

This season with all the hype around Ronda/Tate adn females in the house would have done that or more on FX. 

Cutting your ratings in half is not a good look.  Fox might like it cause everything else on FS1 is doing terrible but for the UFC its fucking horrible.

Even this card which wasnt great, you put that on Sat night on FX its doing 1-1.4 million viewers. 

right now its looking getting moved off FX was a mistake for teh UFC.  They were just getting their groove going with FX and now they are in less homes on a new network.  I know they'll say it will take time to build the network and thats true but in the short term its bad for the UFC and the sport.

Well it wasn't a particularly strong card, and it was on a Wednesday night. I personally couldn't watch it live, because I was at work. Tuf started at 6pm, that the exact time I get off work. I had to rush home, just to catch tuf. Phone Post

How do televisions ratings work?

I've never met anyone with a Nielsen box. Ever. Phone Post

RileyPust -

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

This is going to be part of the problem for Canada I think. That new sn360 channel is complete dogshit and I never watch it for anything but the UFC. And not getting it in HD and that stupid constant ticker bar makes it nearly unwatchable. Phone Post 3.0

I'm still laughing at MMALOGIC's enthusiasm two weeks ago where he said in a thread "chestbumps everyone!"  Such an optimistic young lad.