UFC releases official statement on Palhares

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/19964-ufc-releases-official-statement-on-palhares

The UFC has released a statement confirmed that Rousimar Palhares has been released from his contract with the organization.

It follows yet another controversy relating to Palhares’ refusal to release a submission hold in timely fashion despite the interference of the referee.

The statement provides:

As announced by UFC president Dana White, the UFC organization has elected to terminate its contract with Rousimar Palhares based on repeated incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct violating the UFC Fighter Code of Conduct and his Promotional Agreement with Zuffa, LLC.

At UFC FIGHT NIGHT: MAIA vs. SHIELDS on October 9, 2013, Palhares won his welterweight bout against Mike Pierce via heel hook submission in 31 seconds. Pierce appeared to tap several times physically and verbally and the ref intervened physically before Palhares let go.

Despite being the only submission win on the card, Palhares was denied the Submission of the Night bonus.

Managing Director of International Development Marshall Zelaznik announced at the post-fight press conference that the local commission would be investigating the length of time that Palhares held the submission.

The controversy is not Palhares’ first: In 2010, the New Jersey State Athletic Commission suspended Palhares for 90 days following his heel hook win over Tomasz Drwal at UFC 111 for not letting go after the referee stoppage.

In 2012, Palhares was again suspended for nine months after testing positive for elevated testosterone after UFC on FX 6.

This article was written by
John Joe O'Regan 

ttt

Came in thinking I would see this:

"Your Fu#king Done ya Goof"
- DFW

Taz coming correct as always. Thanks for the post brother.

Palhares will be confused by this statement and instead start training for the title shot he will have heard announced instead. Phone Post

The Mammoth - 

Palhares will be confused by this statement and instead start training for the title shot he will have heard announced instead. Phone Post

LOL

KOdClowning -
The Mammoth -  Palhares will be confused by this statement and instead start training for the title shot he will have heard announced instead. Phone Post

You called it (the first part anyway)

Palhares' coach stated Palhares was "perplexed"

Ibwould be perplexed too if I followed the prefight instructions to NOT stop fighting until the ref steps in, and then DID stop fighting within one second of seeing the ref.... Phone Post

If there was any malice behind that technique, Pierce's knee would be fubar'd.

It's not.

ssj - John Joe O'Regan

Joe Hogan's halter hego?

beat me to it.

Jon Joins O'Rogan

Ok so what happen to Pierce's knee? Anybody ? Had of snapped his leg off , since everyone's so upset. Phone Post 3.0

Rob San Soo - Ok so what happen to Pierce's knee? Anybody ? Had of snapped his leg off , since everyone's so upset. Phone Post 3.0

Hello Mr. Strawman.

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
KOdClowning -
The Mammoth -  Palhares will be confused by this statement and instead start training for the title shot he will have heard announced instead. Phone Post

You called it (the first part anyway)

Palhares' coach stated Palhares was "perplexed"

Ibwould be perplexed too if I followed the prefight instructions to NOT stop fighting until the ref steps in, and then DID stop fighting within one second of seeing the ref.... Phone Post

Yea at first I thought it was vicious. But after seeing the clock on it 1 second isn't THAT bad. I mean its still bad... But it could have been reaction time as well. Phone Post 3.0

Can he come back as Paul Harris?

Ok, not tryin to be "that guy" but did any of you watch the fight live?

When the ref stepped in, Paul Harris actually cranked the sub HARDER. Don't take my word for it, watch the replay. It's like he had a few seconds left to cause as much damage as possible and he did it.

There's a reason he's getting cut...and its not because he's good at leglocks...

Also to ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever...if your leg had been in there, I guarantee you'd have a totally different opinion. It's easy to see someone else in pain and say whatever, try putting your career on the line.