UFC Rules Tougher than Pride Rules

What do you guys think?

Date: 04/23/07 03:03 AM
77 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Really shows you how much tougher UFC rules are. All the talk about soccer kicks. They're a joke compared to those brutal elbows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
Date: 04/23/07 03:05 AM
42 Total Posts  Ignore User  

The problem is that his defensive guard doesn't work in UFC as people can just stay in the guard and throw elbows all day long. He need to start utilizing an active guard so people actually have to consider him submitting them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
Date: 04/23/07 03:05 AM
42555 Total Posts  Ignore User  

I dunno guys, I'm thinkin that by not preparing for the cage + elbows Cro did himself in.
I'm not gonna take away from Gonzaga's skill and determination though, it was definately his night.

I will say that if Cro is intent on winning his future fights in the UFC he'd better work on ground defense specific to the cage&elbows, otherwise Napao has just printed out the blueprint for all others to follow.

knees and kicks to the head are more important and tougher than elbows, but if you don't prepare for elbows, they are going to be used against you in ways you aren't ready for and don't like.

I think elbows have much more of a chance of disorienting fighters and ending fights simply because they can be thrown so much. Soccer kicks need a big scramble setup

If it is "tougher", then why doesn't the NSAC allow soccer kicks?

"I think elbows have much more of a chance of disorienting fighters and ending fights"

watch someone get kneed in the head repeatedly on the ground and you'll change your tune.

Elbows are so much easier and available to throw than knees on the ground IMO

watch kenny florian and Tito fight

"Elbows are so much easier and available to throw than knees on the ground IMO"

elbows also do less damage than a properly placed knee strike on the ground. You use elbows to wear down a person, ground-wise. Standing you can get some one-shot KO's from them.

"watch kenny florian and Tito fight"

Tito would love to have knees in his arsenal again, although he wouldn't like knees used against him in the takedown.

Florian uses elbows to cut more than anything.

ttt

ttt

"I dunno guys, I'm thinkin that by not preparing for the cage + elbows Cro did himself in."

I agree, elbows certainly fucked Crocop up more than anything else. He was successful defensively against Fedor on the ground simply because the bows weren't an issue.

Perhaps, PERHAPS, Dana White is right to add elbows to the Pride ring. (Knees on the ground have got to happen though.)

ttt

kicks to the head happen way less then elbows. When is the last time you actually seen someone get soccer kicked in Pride? Hardly anyone outside of Chute Boxe did it.

I agree Bill

Bill Jackson is correct.

Many of the times, when you see a soccer kick, the fight is 1 second from being stopped.

It's amazing that Crocop was taken out of his game and dazed by watered-down UFC rules rather than "closer to true vale tudo" Pride rules.

ttt

I admit...it would be very fun to punt someone's face...but if they are in a position for you to do that, they are probably almost finished anyway.

"kicks to the head happen way less then elbows. When is the last time you actually seen someone get soccer kicked in Pride? Hardly anyone outside of Chute Boxe did it. "

Its rarely seen in pride because they are expecting it, I?ve seen plenty of times when someone from the ufc set them selves up for soccer kick or knees to the head, the thing is if your expecting it you wont put your self in that situation.

The 10 MIUTE FIRST ROUND is the biggest difference in the rules between the two organizations.

The cage played no part in the CC v Gonzaga fight.

Elbows have always been awesome. Obviously more realistic, but the problem is it gives fighters less room to try things when on the ground. Winding up for punches gives much more room to move for the bottom fighter than knowing a crossing elbow can come in very quickly and at any time.