UFC selling mega-wolf tickets on Weidman

i may bet f0 and take weidman just t0 l0se intentionally , kn0w what im sayin

People have to realize its to make money.
The UFC probably doesn't believe in weidman but they would be foolish to market this fight as another easy win for Anderson. They need to make people believe Anderson is in trouble. He isn't and the UFC knows he isn't but its about the money. Phone Post 3.0

Anderson will pick him apart. Never believed in any hype about Weidman. It's going out of hand just to sell some tix now. Will be good to see Silva make quick work of Chris and move on to more significant fights.

This fight is as competitive as Bonnar-Silva.

That is no slight to Weidman.

It's just that Silva is on another level and it's one Weidman isn't on.

Beating Munoz in front of 5 viewers on Fuel isn't like fighting Anderson Silva on PPV over July 4th weekend.

Couple that with the talent divide and barring a misstep; Silva wins in the 1st. Phone Post

inf0 -

He's going to get Leben'd.. you heard it here first... like 45 sec ko

I will never forget that fight. I think we watched that one with the old crew didn't we? Phone Post 3.0

g

e

e

k

i

t

y

This fight is as competitive as Bonnar-Silva.

That is no slight to Weidman.

It is a slight, as well as being lazy and inaccurate.

We've seen wrestlers have some success with takedowns. That alone is more than Bonnar brought to the table.

the geek - 
inf0 -

I will never forget that fight. I think we watched that one with the old crew didn't we? Phone Post 3.0

i th0ught f0 was the 0ld crew ?

Hong Kong Phooey -
the geek - 
inf0 -

i th0ught f0 was the 0ld crew ?

He'd like to think that ;) Phone Post 3.0

Silva's biggest weakness is an opponent with a good top game, 

Lutter won round 1 and had mount,

Hendo did well with him on the ground, he ended up being stunned standing which led to the RNC

Sonnen controlled him for 4.5rounds in the first fight and for 1 round in the second.

Weidman is an equal wrestler to those guys and has better subs. Nearly all of his fights have been taken on short notice which explains some of his weaker showings.

I think Silva should win by KO but Weidman offers about the biggest threat we could hope for, All American Wrestller, ADCC subs, good GNP  a chin that's never shown weakness and cardio.

inf0 -

plain as day this is irresponsible hype

I agree. Its hype so that people will buy the PPV and the bookies can make their dollar by people throwing money on Weidman who believe the hype. Phone Post

inf0 -

I hope you're right man! Phone Post 3.0

Also isnt Weidman coming off a 12 month layoff? After beating Munoz? This fight has been hyped to ridiculous standards. Someone brought up in another thread that a lot of Americans are rooting for Weidman simply because he is a decorated American wrestler and they would like to see an American as champ.

I originally dismissed it, but seeing some of the outstanding delusions about him on the UG, I am starting to wonder. Phone Post

Well Sonnen landed over 300 ground strikes in the first fight..... and Weidman hits much harder than Sonnen does

Lutter was also landing good strikes until he went for an unnecessary armbar attempt

me101 -

Well Sonnen landed over 300 ground strikes in the first fight..... and Weidman hits much harder than Sonnen does

Lutter was also landing good strikes until he went for an unnecessary armbar attempt

But weidman is neither sonnen nor lutter.......... keep it in context he is coming in off a layoff and has never fought anyone even remotely in silva's level before. You are being sold wolf tickets plain and simple. Anderson is 16 straight wins in the ufc 14 by finish, id think about thst before buying into the hype snd throwing money away by betting on Weidman. Phone Post

I originally dismissed it, but seeing some of the outstanding delusions about him on the UG, I am starting to wonder.

most of the pro-Weidman posts I see explain his chances fairly rationally. And those get responded to with LOL, nuthugger and Vote Downs.

It is so impressive to predict that the GOAT and favorite will win by destruction.

forrestfan - 
I originally dismissed it, but seeing some of the outstanding delusions about him on the UG, I am starting to wonder.

most of the pro-Weidman posts I see explain his chances fairly rationally. And those get responded to with LOL, nuthugger and Vote Downs.

It is so impressive to predict that the GOAT and favorite will win by destruction.

its called critical thinking, people on the UG are actually going to lose money on Weidman and after the fight once the delusion has left them, they will think 'Why oh why did I bet against Anderson Silva?' Everyone states that hte most damage to Anderson was done on the ground on his back, and all those guys STILL couldn't come close to finishing him. Chael used takedowns to control the positions and threw pitter patter punches, hardly devastating blows, in a fight which Anderson looked instrinsically out of character.

Weidman, who has he fought that was even close to being on Anderson's level? How good is is striking and distance awareness to not get KTFO'd in 30 seconds? Even if Weidman gets him down, how does that win him the fight if he gets tangled up Anderson's great guard? Weidman has to finish Anderson before he gets finished, and the odds are vastly against him for a real reason.

The facts being stated are out of context and are being used as a mass delusion by people who are banding together, thinking Weidman will win. Weidmaqn is a talented fighter, but far far far from being even a legitimate threat to Anderson. On paper the biggest threat to Andy was Belfort, and he gave Belfort his first KO loss for his trouble.

LOL @ anyone who is throwing any kind of bet on Weidman, havent you guys learned yet? DONT BET AGAINST ANDERSON!!! ;)

sitchpack - 
me101 -

But weidman is neither sonnen nor lutter.......... keep it in context he is coming in off a layoff and has never fought anyone even remotely in silva's level before. You are being sold wolf tickets plain and simple. Anderson is 16 straight wins in the ufc 14 by finish, id think about thst before buying into the hype snd throwing money away by betting on Weidman. Phone Post

He's an equal wrestler to Sonnen and has equal subs to Lutter ADCC 2009 is a much higher level than ADCC 2001

No one has ever fought a fighter of Silvas level prior to meeting him in the cage as there aren't any...

I'm not saying Weidman will win (it's likely he won't) but if anyone can beat silva it will be a wrestler with a good sub game and strong GNP

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

No way! Every single fighter in the UFC actually thinks Silva will lose! Anderson ducked him for a reason!

- Goku Phone Post

I hear the entire roster of Bellator pooled together $195  and told the bookie "let it ride on Weidman, cause we gon' be rich!"

me101 - 
sitchpack - 
me101 -

He's an equal wrestler to Sonnen and has equal subs to Lutter ADCC 2009 is a much higher level than ADCC 2001

No one has ever fought a fighter of Silvas level prior to meeting him in the cage as there aren't any...

I'm not saying Weidman will win (it's likely he won't) but if anyone can beat silva it will be a wrestler with a good sub game and strong GNP

I disagree, we have learned from watching MMA that credentials dont neccessarily define anything with certainty. Munoz is a decorated wrestler and has looked awful with his takedowns against opponents with lesser credentials, does that mean I should bet the house on Munoz to win if he fights someone with a lower ability of wrestling on paper?

The logic doesnt work and is too quick and easy, yes Weidman has a chance of winning, which is pretty much the same percentage of chance that any of Anderson's opponents have had. If he can make seasoned veterans look like they have never fought a day in their life, then why assume that Weidman has more of a chance than anyone else? Straight up credentials? We sure as hell cant assume anything from Weidman's record, not many top wins on there to get into the MMA math. 

Also the grappling match people are so readily citing where he back-and-forthed for a bit with Galvao in ADCC, says more about the inconsistency of Galvao at high level grappling comps, than it does of Weidman's magical grappling ability.

Are you going to bet on Weidman?