UFC selling mega-wolf tickets on Weidman

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
Rob San Soo - 
Tebow Worships Satan - I downloaded Weidman's last 5 fights and just finished watching 4 of them.

This kid isn't beating Anderson Silva. He's okay, but they're trying to hype him up to be the Gennady Golovkin of the UFC and he definitely isn't I don't understand the hype around him at all. I'm glad I got to see the fights before I saw that commercial because if I didn't I would of probably ordered the show.
Plus all the he's better then sonnen with subs lmao wolf fn tix at its best Phone Post 3.0

ummmmm..do you know how many times sonnen has been subbed before? do you know that chris won adcc trials with less than a year of bjj traneing by subbing all his opponents including legit blackbelts? did you know he put close submissions on maia and galvao?

if you actually knew anything you would know that chris and sonnen are light years apart in terms of submission ability

Ya I know all of that and still feel sonnen beats him 3rd decision. Hopefully that fights happens so we can find out who really is better Phone Post 3.0

sitchpack - 
me101 - 
sitchpack - 
me101 -

Well Sonnen landed over 300 ground strikes in the first fight..... and Weidman hits much harder than Sonnen does

Lutter was also landing good strikes until he went for an unnecessary armbar attempt

But weidman is neither sonnen nor lutter.......... keep it in context he is coming in off a layoff and has never fought anyone even remotely in silva's level before. You are being sold wolf tickets plain and simple. Anderson is 16 straight wins in the ufc 14 by finish, id think about thst before buying into the hype snd throwing money away by betting on Weidman. Phone Post

He's an equal wrestler to Sonnen and has equal subs to Lutter ADCC 2009 is a much higher level than ADCC 2001

No one has ever fought a fighter of Silvas level prior to meeting him in the cage as there aren't any...

I'm not saying Weidman will win (it's likely he won't) but if anyone can beat silva it will be a wrestler with a good sub game and strong GNP

I disagree, we have learned from watching MMA that credentials dont neccessarily define anything with certainty. Munoz is a decorated wrestler and has looked awful with his takedowns against opponents with lesser credentials, does that mean I should bet the house on Munoz to win if he fights someone with a lower ability of wrestling on paper?

The logic doesnt work and is too quick and easy, yes Weidman has a chance of winning, which is pretty much the same percentage of chance that any of Anderson's opponents have had. If he can make seasoned veterans look like they have never fought a day in their life, then why assume that Weidman has more of a chance than anyone else? Straight up credentials? We sure as hell cant assume anything from Weidman's record, not many top wins on there to get into the MMA math. 

Also the grappling match people are so readily citing where he back-and-forthed for a bit with Galvao in ADCC, says more about the inconsistency of Galvao at high level grappling comps, than it does of Weidman's magical grappling ability.

Are you going to bet on Weidman?

The more important info on his grappling is him entering grapplers quest and subbing all 13 opponents (his weight class and absolute) that's amazingly rare. Also looked like Maia did't want any of him on the ground in their fight and that says a lot. 

I'll have a small bet on weidman by sub (currently at +1300 ) not likely but big payout if it hits

me101 - 
sitchpack - 
me101 - 
sitchpack - 
me101 -

Well Sonnen landed over 300 ground strikes in the first fight..... and Weidman hits much harder than Sonnen does

Lutter was also landing good strikes until he went for an unnecessary armbar attempt

But weidman is neither sonnen nor lutter.......... keep it in context he is coming in off a layoff and has never fought anyone even remotely in silva's level before. You are being sold wolf tickets plain and simple. Anderson is 16 straight wins in the ufc 14 by finish, id think about thst before buying into the hype snd throwing money away by betting on Weidman. Phone Post

He's an equal wrestler to Sonnen and has equal subs to Lutter ADCC 2009 is a much higher level than ADCC 2001

No one has ever fought a fighter of Silvas level prior to meeting him in the cage as there aren't any...

I'm not saying Weidman will win (it's likely he won't) but if anyone can beat silva it will be a wrestler with a good sub game and strong GNP

I disagree, we have learned from watching MMA that credentials dont neccessarily define anything with certainty. Munoz is a decorated wrestler and has looked awful with his takedowns against opponents with lesser credentials, does that mean I should bet the house on Munoz to win if he fights someone with a lower ability of wrestling on paper?

The logic doesnt work and is too quick and easy, yes Weidman has a chance of winning, which is pretty much the same percentage of chance that any of Anderson's opponents have had. If he can make seasoned veterans look like they have never fought a day in their life, then why assume that Weidman has more of a chance than anyone else? Straight up credentials? We sure as hell cant assume anything from Weidman's record, not many top wins on there to get into the MMA math. 

Also the grappling match people are so readily citing where he back-and-forthed for a bit with Galvao in ADCC, says more about the inconsistency of Galvao at high level grappling comps, than it does of Weidman's magical grappling ability.

Are you going to bet on Weidman?

The more important info on his grappling is him entering grapplers quest and subbing all 13 opponents (his weight class and absolute) that's amazingly rare. Also looked like Maia did't want any of him on the ground in their fight and that says a lot. 

I'll have a small bet on weidman by sub (currently at +1300 ) not likely but big payout if it hits

MW Maia admittedly didnt focus his training properly an let his grappling stagnate when he was in that division, and wanted to try to knock people out (Hence 'K1-Maia). All the examples provided to support even the smallest of bets just dont prove he even has a small chance. 

Id retract your money buddy, not trying being a dick or anything but you will lose it if you buy into this hype.

It's a +1300 bet on a fighter who's shown he can frequently sub BB's and world level sub guys. If it happens just one time in 10 it is a really good bet to make. 

Didn't the whole hype train start with GSP? I've read him saying over and over how Weidman is going to spank Silva and fast.

Don't they train together? Maybe he is helping a buddy sell tickets. I also watched his fights recently. I think the odds sound about right.

Always has a chance though.

Hong Kong Phooey - 

i may bet f0 and take weidman just t0 l0se intentionally , kn0w what im sayin

oh baby... =))))

the geek - 
inf0 -

He's going to get Leben'd.. you heard it here first... like 45 sec ko

I will never forget that fight. I think we watched that one with the old crew didn't we? Phone Post 3.0

hahah yeah, pretty sure we watched it a few times @ Martin's.. he probably still has it on his PVR

I can't believe how many people are picking Weidman.

Silva will have to have a heart attack mid match for Weidman to get the W.

Augustus Caesar - 

lolololololol..... now let's see his big moves against TOP guys.... lol @ that cheeky elbow, if he even thinks about throwing sneaky shit on Anderson Silva he's going to be waking up like that guy in the last gif.

me101 - 

It's a +1300 bet on a fighter who's shown he can frequently sub BB's and world level sub guys. If it happens just one time in 10 it is a really good bet to make. 

Which world class guys has he subbed? What are their ranks and names? Again not trying to be a dick just wanting to understand how people are coming to terms with putting any kind of money on him.

if you have to keep saying "not trying to be a dick," well...

you don't need to worry about his money. A +1300 bet makes things more fun. A bet is better than worthless predictions.

sitchpack - 
me101 - 

Which world class guys has he subbed? What are their ranks and names? Again not trying to be a dick just wanting to understand how people are coming to terms with putting any kind of money on him.

How would you describe the competition to get a place in the ADCC? 

I'll place my $25 on the sub if it hits I get over $300 if it misses no big deal

You have to place around $700 on silva at -250 for the same return and you'll be pretty upset if Weidman takes it.

Thank you for your betting advice, it was interesting to learn a +1300 is unlikely to hit,,,,,,,

Irresponsible hype that will land a man in the hospital.

And it won't be Anderson. Phone Post

Augustus Caesar - 

I love standing elbows....adds a new thing for fighters to think about.

Weidman has a chance and it's foolish to think he doesn't. I'm not saying he should be the betting favorite or anything, but let's consider some facts:

1) Anderson is 38 years old now.

2) In their rematch, Sonnen took down Anderson, passed guard, and had him in mount for around a minute.

3) Weidman is similar style-wise to Sonnen, he's also younger with better submission skills.

So really, nobody is better suited style-wise to take the belt from Anderson than Weidman is. The only question is whether he's too green with only 9 fights under his belt.

ttt for competing wolf ticket threads

inf0 -

He's going to get Leben'd.. you heard it here first... like 45 sec ko

Agreed these wolf tickets is howling.... It will be a next level matrix type beating. Phone Post

TopGrinder - Yah been lots of weidman hype. I don't see it tho. Haven't been impressed by weidman in his fights. Wolf tix probably but u never know.

Am I gonna pay 60$ to watch the ppv. Fuck no as I got a hd stream on tap Phone Post 3.0
Please, please don't email me the stream link. Adrian.maestas@gmail.com. I would hate you forever if you did. Phone Post 3.0

me101 - 

Silva's biggest weakness is an opponent with a good top game, 

Lutter won round 1 and had mount,

Hendo did well with him on the ground, he ended up being stunned standing which led to the RNC

Sonnen controlled him for 4.5rounds in the first fight and for 1 round in the second.

Weidman is an equal wrestler to those guys and has better subs. Nearly all of his fights have been taken on short notice which explains some of his weaker showings.

I think Silva should win by KO but Weidman offers about the biggest threat we could hope for, All American Wrestller, ADCC subs, good GNP  a chin that's never shown weakness and cardio.

The myth of the Hendo R1 against Andy lives on. Can we define what "did well with him on the ground" means? Matter fact, the myth of Hendo's entire ground game lives on. Can anyone name a single Hendo fight where he's done anything offensive significantly on the ground where he didnt hurt the guy standing first? Well, he did cover Andy's mouth I guess.....