ufc shoots down pride in usa!!!

on 8/29/05 pride went before the california state athletic commission to try to get approval to hold live events!

lo and behold dana and the fertittas did their best to thwart the efforts!

they where denied using a ring instead of a cage. soccer kicks and stomps were denied. wresttling shoes and gis were denied. something about the rounds was also denied!

afraid of competition ufc?

just so you guys know, i like ufc WAY better than pride. i hate the ring over the cage and i hate soccer kicks and stomps!

but i still think they should be able to promote shows in the usa!!!!!!!

Well I think it sucks but no one says they can't promote in the US. It's about regulations not if they can or can not have shows here.

why does ufc have to help the csac in making their decision?

this reeks of pro wrestling and vince macmahon like actions!

I read about this in The Wrestling Observer Newsletter from Dave Meltzer. I thought it was bullshit the way the UFC totally undermined Pride. They had Johm McCarthy argue against everything Pride wanted to do.

If anyones dies it will most likely be in Pride. The rules Pride uses increases the chances of seriuos injury or death greatly. And with all the bullshit the sport has been through just to get to where it is today in North America it is better off that Pride did get turned down.

and they brought tapes to back up their arguments about cages over rings!

pride can still be held in hawaii

bad for the sport.

The UFC is a joke and depends on drunk rednecks who can't tell the difference in skill between Tito and Fedor.

"and they brought tapes to back up their arguments about cages over rings!"

That was the one stupid thing by Pride. They said no one has ever fallen out of their ring but obviously that has happened.

well maybe they meant their rings?

and just put the nets under the ropes like they do in brazil!!!

What is your source that Dana et all were the cause behind Pride getting denied?

I do find it odd that they wouldn't allow gis and wrestling shoes, though.

Are you kidding, they were not going to approve Gi's, soccer kicks, head stomps, one ten minute round & one 5 minute round or wrestling shoes whether the UFC had a presence there or not.

UFC had to work their asses off to be able to hold
events in Nevada with the approval of the NSAC. If
knees to the head on the ground, gis, shoes, ect were
approved in the most important state UFC would
probably use them. But they weren't, so Pride bringing a different set of rules would undermine the UFC.

"The rules Pride uses increases the chances of seriuos injury or death greatly."

And yet it seems there are fewer serious injuries in Pride. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone carried out on a stretcher on a Pride show, versus two on the last UFC card alone. Eilers had injuries like he'd been hit by a truck after the Arlovski fight. Sylvia's arm was broken in three places.

Despite the fact that stomps, soccer kicks and knees on the ground look more dangerous, it is the more common weapons that are causing all the real injuries. There is no evidence whatsoever that Pride rules in ANY WAY increase the danger to the fighters. The only two KOs (not TKOs) I can even think of (and I can't think of any real injuries) from any of the Pride-specific attacks are Silva/Kondo and Minowa/Baroni; Kondo was KO'd but seemed unharmed afterwards, and Minowa had some teeth knocked out.

Source?

fsn will help?

did you seew the pride show they had on?

" And with all the bullshit the sport has been through just to get to where it is today in North America it is better off that Pride did get turned down. "

surprise statement coming from a Pro fighter.

Yea, it is better off that their isn't another option for fighters here in the US that will offer a better payday than the UFC. Maybe now UFC can cut the pay of their fighters

i'd rather just have no pride in the usa at all... if they are going to produce more shows, let them do it in japan where it is appreciated and not watered down.

Tragedy...

But hey, that's business folks - woulda thought the Americans here would know ALL too well the ability of American Org's to trounce on ANY other corporation/venture looking to erode some of their business...