UFC should drop Hughes IMO

There's no doubt that Hughes is one of the best and he only fights the best. For some people boring fights to happen, for some more then others. But some fighters fight in a style that favors a boring fight.

Matt said after the fight he fought "cautious" to get a win........as a fan who paid moeny to see the ppv, i dont like a fighter saying he just played it safe to win...yes hes a great fighter and yes he beats alot of guys but who wants to see trigg hughes II?  not me.....

if hughes is a prelim next ppv, i wouldnt mind...

Arias

The fight was a bad style match up for both fighters.

LOL @ not brinign Hughes back. The Cheif's 3 brain cells are fighting for top honor right now.

Dont people understand that this sport also takes skill and strategy? If you went into the ring, you fight as effective as you possibly can. If your a striker, you try to strike as effectivly as possible. You happen to be better on the ground, you try and take the fight to the ground. You use your strengths, I know if I was in the ring I wouoldn't give two shits about how exciting I am as long as I would be in control. I happen to enjoy watching Hughes fight, everytime. And all the other not so "exciting" fighters. I dont see a boring fight as others do, I see somewhat of a chess match with fighters using skill and strategy to get done what they have to. And this is what I feel seperates real MMA fans from others.

MMA fans seem to have short memories... and it goes both ways... you can go from bum to star and star to bum overnight.

Thus continues the trend of wanting 2 people to slug it out. Please go back to boxing.

For the record Chief , this is the first Matt Hughes fight I can honestly say wasn't enjoyable. All the rest of his fights are interesting and exciting. With the exception of Sherik, none of good to JD.

Jesus, go back to Fagsport Chief.

I like a fighter who adjusts his game to win. The sport is about winning. How much would MAtt be worth if he had lost??? Less, this is business afterall.

the chief is a tard. Nuff said.

Typical hater carries things too far.

There is no question Verissimo was robbed last night. There is no question Hughes fought not to lose, got dominated, and should have lost the decision.

But Hughes has had mostly great fights in UFC, and is possibly the best 170 pounder (after Charuto and Penn) in the world, so your other remarks completely discredit you.

The Chief is usually pretty fair in his accounts but on this one he is incorrect.

I don't care what anyone says, Hughes is still a great fighter. I thinks Hughes has a lot of heart after almost getting sub in the the first round.

Iwas at the evnt and thought at best it should have been a draw

Verissimo 10-9 R1
R2 Draw
Hughes 10-9 R3

DRAW?

it's easy, if you dont want boring fights, simply penalize the bottom guy who is holding on to the top guy for dear life and will not allow th eexcitement to develope. It happened in the Ricco/Minotauro match too with noguera not letting go of riccos wrists for the entire fight. How can we expect the top guy to do anyuthing with the guy having all 4 of his extremities wrapped around him?

During the entire fight, Verissimo had his legs and at least 1 arm wrapped around Hughes. You're going to blame Hughes for that? If you want to see a stand up war, watch boxing or k1. If you wantt o see a fight, watch the ufc but dont blame the top guy for what the bottom guy uis doing.;

Thank you SinCityHustler.

matt hughes is a great fighter.

"And you'll pay to see Verissimo, that is, until he has an off night... then you'll want his head."

Zuffa should make Matt move up to MW to fight guys he cannot just hold down on the ground.

the chief is trolling.

to sincity hustler in response to this comment:
"During the entire fight, Verissimo had his legs and at least 1 arm wrapped around Hughes. You're going to blame Hughes for that?" NO but dos mat get rewarded for hugging on to his opponent and keeping the elbows in while not throwing effective blows.
That is called and effective & active use of the guard position and if you were knowledgable about the ground position you would see that charuto was not just holding matt he was going for armlocks and triangles. Matt had no choice but to defend in order to survive the round without tapping. So Charuto wasn't defensive and "just holding". Also another difference is that when Matt was on the bottom with BJ he had the holding type guard and because He didn't have an active guard like Charuto's he got nailed in chin square.